Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Upcoming shows thread

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    The closest to any shitty music I listened to in my youth that I'll get down with is JFAC's Doom EP because there's actually riffs on that. But I remember listening to SOAD's toxicity a few years ago, after having not heard it in a few years, and like almost all that songs are actually butt. Short little songs of shitty chugga drop-C riffs with Serj spouting some weird vocals and stupid lyrics. I know it may not have been their intention but it just too le so randum XD for me. And other bands like Slipknot are just radio hard rock with an edgy face with all the masks and shit. Their riffs are actually shit. Plus looking back I can see pretty much every melodic metalcore band ever is just shitty ATG worship with lame breakdowns. Idk all that shit is butt to me, not even Nostalgia can save it. I remember going to see SOAD in 2011 cuz nostalgia and I didn't enjoy myself because I never liked the 2005 material in the first place and I had already gotten over their other material. I feel like shit like this could really only thrive in this country, but maybe there's whit trash everywhere
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    SATAN said:
    I was too old for nu metal and most of the trendy shit that happened after. I never even gave most of it a try
    You got any hair metal or 90s alt rock guilty pleasures :-?
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    edited July 2015
    For the most part, I couldn't agree more. Even with SOAD being my fave of that school, I always thought they were kinda pseudo. All the nu metal vocalists aped Mike Patton to a certain degree. Serj was no different. He just filtered it through Zach de la Rocha's political diatribes instead of the Burton C Bell roar/moan leanings of a lot of those bands. Little things irked me about them as well. The first time I ever actually heard them was on a Puff Daddy song they had on the South Park 'Chef Aid' disc. The liner pics in their first album looked straight out of Sepultura's 'Roots'. Them niggaz from LA, why are they covered in mud? The first time I saw them live, they were made up like Marilyn Manson. They look like that in the 'Sugar' video. They also ended up on tours with most of the worst of the nu metal crop at some point or another. Serj put vocals on a Hed pe song. That said though, they're still leaps and bounds better than their peers. Even if that's not saying much
    SATAN said:
    I was too old for nu metal and most of the trendy shit that happened after. I never even gave most of it a try
    Uh...no hair metal. Unless it's to laugh at. You wouldn't catch me jamming any of it in the car. 90s alt rock...uh...'Wonderwall'...'Big Empty'...not much. I liked a lot of stuff in the 90s that's mostly forgotten now
    if i'm ever in ATL i wanna smoke big dope w satan and talk shit on bad metal
    at least I never liked Lil B
    i wasn't even tryna take shots i was just tryna have a polite discussion about how bad numetal is. smh 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    SATAN said:
    SATAN said:
    Uh...no hair metal. Unless it's to laugh at. You wouldn't catch me jamming any of it in the car. 90s alt rock...uh...'Wonderwall'...'Big Empty'...not much. I liked a lot of stuff in the 90s that's mostly forgotten now
    C'mon. You telling me you've been kvlt since the day you popped out of the womb?
    SATAN said:
    SATAN said:
    C'mon. You telling me you've been kvlt since the day you popped out of the womb?
    I saw Clash of the Titans (Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, Alice In Chains) in 1991, when I was 13. All the guilty pleasures I have are mostly from before that. I used to like Aerosmith a lot. I had Guns N Roses, Def Leppard, Ratt, a Motley Crüe cd. I liked some of the cheesier Ozzy stuff. I had a cousin and an uncle that were into that sort of stuff. But I shed all of it a long time ago. I haven't listened to almost any of those bands in 20 years (willingly). I guess my guilty pleasure is early Van Halen, cuz I can still listen to that and it not hurt
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Assuming this is still the Tool, AZ discussion thread, its looking like 99% sell now. Been talking to my dad about going to New Orleans for his 50th. Probably better off just saving for that 
    image Photobucket
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    I'll give ya 80 for it. 
    Gotta ask, right?
    image Photobucket
    Face value and I'm good. Anything extra is cool with me. Eventually the show will sell out.
    image Photobucket
    Yeah i was just fucking with ya.Keep me posted on your decision. 
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    my ass, rex. he agreed to 80 youda jumped =)) =))
    I love winning with women
    Well yeah but i said it to be funny lol. 
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    System of a down > iron maiden
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Big nu metal acts are still all better than any core too, minus fucking shitknot