Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Whitechapel - a new era of corruption

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "they can play their instruments well otherwise they wouldnt be as successful as they are"

You know that argument is not valid.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    how so?
    if you cant play instruments then ur obv not a good band and wouldnt get signed to a label and get booked for tours
    imageimage
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    edited June 2010
    They are definitely not successful cause of their instrument playing. They are pretty much successful because of the scene. AA is like Twilight. Shitty and boring, but successful due to all the pre-teen and scene/emo chicks loving them and thinking they are the best in the world and are gods. It's always been the scene that made them big and not their playing.
    that can be said for ANY band with ANY following
    look at ICP!
    imageimage
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    for the record.....i haven't listened to the album....but it sucks donkey ass
    Not true. The scene following is the worst out of anything. If you look hot and do screamo then you are a god. Even if you can't play instruments at all and just screamo to a back track you are "the shit". That's why no one takes any of those bands or it's fans seriously. Majority of those bands do it for the fame,money, and chicks. I mean it's alright to want to change your sound a little, but not change it drastically. Look what happened to Trivium. Went from metalcore sound to metallica rip offs and they suffered big time for that. The thrash following wanted nothing to do with them and the metalcore following was pissed off at them. To say any band with any following is not true. Metal followings are very dedicated peeps and know when some bands are trying to cash grab. They always fail.

ICP is totally different. They mad their following on their own and started everything from the ground up. That horror rap scene belongs to them and they only put out what they feel is right. Yeah I know ICP sucks and all, but they actually do what they love and rap what they mean and not really for the money.

If you look at all other followings, then you would know its noting like the scene following at all.
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    Wait, what band started the whole electronica/metal/screamo craze? The only 3 bands that I know of that do it are enter shakari, iwabo (really only the one song though) and attack attack right?
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Windir nigguh

and Iron Savior - Iron Savior - Iron Savior
    "and not really for the money."
    yea the dolls and board games and shit have NOTHING to do with the money at all

what im saying is a bands following makes the band
    without the following then the band would fail
    and that goes for metal bands as well
    and its stupid to say thast metal bands dont do it somewhat for the fame and money
    after all they DID sign a contract and if they didnt want money for it then they would still be in a garage or basement somewhere playing for just a hobby
    being in a signed band is a CAREER. its a JOB.

AA! has gained more fans with this new album and i hope they stick with this sound because its obv better than Someday Came Suddenly
    imageimage
    We aren't debating that an established act can't have money, because that's ridiculous. The main end point of a lot of bands is to have their music reach the most people that it can. One of the best ways to do that, is to sign a record contract, while the whole time maintaining their integrity. I don't get the impression that Attack Attack! do that.

"being in a signed band is a CAREER. its a JOB."

You'd be surprised how untrue that statement is.
    edited June 2010
    "and its stupid to say thast metal bands dont do it somewhat for the fame and money
    after all they DID sign a contract and if they didnt want money for it then they would still be in a garage or basement somewhere playing for just a hobby
    being in a signed band is a CAREER. its a JOB."

Being in a band is a career and job because the label makes it. They HAVE to sign a contract or your album is going to get published or anything unless you do it yourself and have the money. I would put down my life and bet you that majority of metal bands would rather play in a garage and have no label and make money, then play and have a label that tells them what to do. In the end they have to sign a contract so they can get their product out to millions and tour and such, BUT! times are changing and technology is too. Now that myspace is invented or facebook, not every band has to get their music out through a label. They can make it and BAM! post for everyone to listen to. Jeffree Star and Hollywood Undead made it that way and so will a lot of others. It's just up to the listener if they like it or not. Soon you wont need a label or sign a contract to get famous or make money. If this keeps up labels will fall and contracts wont need to be signed.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    hopefully that will keep labels from wrecking the sound of good bands
    That's why Trent Reznor broke from the label and made his own. That's why he started publishing his music free and doing what labels would never do. He wanted to do things his way and play the music he wanted to play. Label said "nope nope" and that drove him to publish some music for free and made the label pissed.
    Digital albums will be victorious!!!
    Do you guys think the concept of physical music collections will stand the test of time?
    Its become a waste of resources.

Cd players are pretty much obsolete..... and once they do become so; so will printing cd's
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    No
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    Doubt it. mp3s and digital and so on are going to be the way of life and music soon. Now that jacks for ipods and mp3 players are being put into every new car today, cd's will no longer be needed. It makes me sad though =\
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    "Wait, what band started the whole electronica/metal/screamo craze? The only 3 bands that I know of that do it are enter shakari, iwabo (really only the one song though) and attack attack right?"

My money's on Sky Eats Airplane, Chew.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Marc and Wine are winning. They have great, valid points like this one:
    "I don't like what they are doing.

They form as a metalcore band when metalcore was peaking in popularity. Then they turn into a screamo/electronica/post-hardcore band cause that became popular as shit. NOW they are slowly dipping their toes into the deathcore sound since it's become waaaaaaaay popular these days. I hate bands that do that shit"

sorry bianca but it's true