Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Heart Attack Grill. Chandler AZ

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    As far as filtered and unfiltered go; what does it do to the person?
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    theres nothing to filter the smoke...so its raw smoke...
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    non filter is probably better for you but im not sure...just a guess....and never heard of/seen a 5 guys place
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm pretty sure the filters are better for you than nonfilters...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    lol hence the word filter
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    yea thats pretty much....common sense
    imageimage
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Just wondering what the difference to the body is. That's all
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The same thing pretty much.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    well common sense would tell you that filters are fiber glass....and it doesn't make much sense to suck smoke threw fiber glass....it really in all makes no difference.....all it does is make the cigg lighter and easier to handle
    im a smoker....

filters arent fiberglass...

yes its a fiber...

just not fiberglass.
    edited June 2010
    theyre plastic...

1. Filters:
    Cigarette filters are specifically designed to absorb vapors and to accumulate particulate smoke components. Filters also prevent tobacco from entering a smoker's mouth and provide a mouthpiece that will not collapse as the cigarette is smoked. Filters generally have the following components:

A "plug" of acetate cellulose filter tow
    95% of cigarette filters are made of cellulose acetate (a plastic), and the balance are made from papers and rayon. The cellulose acetate tow fibers are thinner than sewing thread, white, and packed tightly together to create a filter; they can look like cotton. Other materials have been tried and rejected in favor of the taste that acetate produces. Filters vary in filtration efficiency, depending on whether the cigarette is to be "light" or regular.

How many fibers are in a cigarette filter?
    The following is quoted from a research paper by researchers from the New York State Department of Health, the Roswell Park Cancer Institute, and Cornell University. Click here for full article.

"Viewing the white face of the cigarette filter with the naked eye and compression of the filter column with the fingers would suggest that the filter is made of a sponge-like material. However, opening the cigarette filter, by cutting it lengthwise with a razor, reveals that it consists of a fibrous mass. Spreading apart the matrix reveals some of the more than 12 000 white fibers. Microscopically, these fibers are Y shaped and contain the delustrant titanium dioxide. The fibers are made of cellulose acetate, a synthetic plastic-like substance used commonly for photographic films. A plasticiser, triacetin (glycerol triacetate), is applied to bond the fibers."
    An inner paper wrapper (plug wrap) and glue
    The paper used to wrap the acetate cellulose plug is impervious to air for regular cigarettes, or is ventilated and very porous in "light" cigarettes, allowing more air to enter the smoke mix. A polyvinyl acetate emulsion is used as the glue to attach the plug to the wrapper, and to seam the wrapper.

An outer paper (tipping paper)
    The tipping paper, often printed to look like cork, covers the filter plug and attaches the filter to the column of tobacco. Tipping paper is formulated to not adhere to the lips of smokers.

Other Filter components
    The filters of some cigarettes, such as Parliament, also contain charcoal as an additional filtration agent. The "micronite filter" on Lorillard's' Kent brand cigarettes from 1952 to 1957 contained the deadliest form of asbestos - crocidolite. While advertisements at the time promoted the filter as making Kents healthier than other cigarettes, there are currently several lawsuits pending against Lorillard from families of smokers who died from a rare cancer caused primarily by crocidolite.

source-

http://www.longwood.edu/cleanva/cigbuttfilters.htm
    well your right.....but it is a plastic cellulose acetate
    but either way....it really does nothing at all
    edited June 2010
    Well the only reason i prefer filtered over non-filter is i hate getting the random piece of tobacco in the mouth/throat....

that and when tobacco gets wet it has the worst taste ive ever come across...and that shit gets on the lip...and you can taste it...its pretty bad...

that and i can smoke more tobacco...without burning the fuck out of my fingers/lip...lol

Filter Vs non filter is pure opinion in most.

same with Regular Vs Menthol and kings Vs 100's

its all to each their own...i smoke menthol 100's usually...

i started with Marlboro Reds 100's...now they give me the worst headaches ever... so now im smoking Marlboro blend 54 100's...pretty good..lol

im done rambling now :)
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    it does SOMETHING
    "it does SOMETHING"

but not much..lol. all it does is the fibers accumulate most tar, and other shit...

there is no real difference
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Or you could just not smoke period instead of caring whether it's filtered or not
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    eh im happy with my cigs....so ill stick with them :)
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    you rather the tar line your lungs?

take that it IS minimal amounts.... but we're talking about lifetime smokers here. Filtered/non-filtered ciggs make a HUGE difference.

And rolling your own cigarettes is the new trend this days with kids... its much more harmful than some sort of filfter
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    And they'll stick with you until they kill you.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!