Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Wrestling thread WWE & AEW

1306307308309310312»

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    “Holy shit!” chants without the sound getting cut and people flying a finger without the screen going black. Edgy shit. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    HOLY *mute* HOLY *mute* HOL *mute*

In line for Raw. Shit better be good. 
    You watched. 
    It wasn’t. 
    You sure you weren’t at AEW?

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    You watched. 
    It wasn’t. 
    But the storytelling bro 
    NOCAP said:
    You sure you weren’t at AEW?

Can confirm. People were there, building was full. It was just a show right before Summer Slam. Lots of build up with most of the payoffs coming at a different show. There was a clunky girls match that didn’t make the air.  I never watched Bray so I’m not into the Wyatt shit either. Raw just isn’t that good of a show to me right now. My kid enjoyed it, that’s all I cared about.  I enjoyed the stuff with Bron. I met the Steiner's at an event last year and shook hands with Rick. It literally felt like grabbing a bear’s paw. The genetics are real. Scott was all worked up about something (go figure) and you could feel the tension in that corner of the building lol. 

Then we had a UPW event the night of Summer Slam and Zilla Fatu was a no show so that was also disappointing. 

Best part of AEW is Corny shitting all over it. 
    That’s crazy you didn’t have a good time. WWE has been doing their best business in over a decade. The Liv, Dom, and Rhea love triangle is the best story in wrestling right now. I went to the Smackdown after Mania and had a blast. The goat Roman Reigns is back. It couldn’t get any better. 

All In week let's goooooooooo 

NOCAP said:
    That’s crazy you didn’t have a good time. WWE has been doing their best business in over a decade. The Liv, Dom, and Rhea love triangle is the best story in wrestling right now. I went to the Smackdown after Mania and had a blast. The goat Roman Reigns is back. It couldn’t get any better. 
    I still had a good time. Priest and Gunter open the show with a brawl. Meh. Gunter is legit but Priest just does these sloppy overhead arm clubs when brawling and it looks like shit. Windmill clubbing arms? Idk. I dgaf about any love triangle story, especially when it’s obviously not real. At least Edge, Matt Hardy, and Lita had some real life elements to it. Rhea just got married to Buddy irl and everyone knows it so this all seems pointless. All they did was talk a bunch anyway. That was the show Liv showed them butt cheeks. Jey Uso and Sami did their entrance right by where we were sitting, they went up and down the aisle handing out foam yeet hands. We didn’t get any though. It was Raw so no bloodline. Roman wasn’t back yet but we didn’t get Jacob Fatu either. Of the two, Smackdown is the better show right now imo. 

It’s better than it has been but it can still get better. At least 30% of the roster could be cut. So much filler. The whole LWO besides Rey. Kross and company. They don’t have better use for tv time than Pretty Deadly? Can’t get any better? GTFO. I haven’t seen Carmelo have a match yet where he didn’t fuck something up. The women’s division is over saturated with mediocre talent. The chick match that didn’t make the air did make botchmania. The chick didn’t let go of the other girls arm so the move could be completed so the other chick had to yell “let go!” at her.  Some ring entrances take damn near 10 minutes now. The live events can sometimes highlight exactly how much I fast forward through when I watch at home. WWE knows how to start hot and end hot, but they are serving a bunch of shit in the middle. It’s basically a shit sandwich like Mark Henry’s lunch. 
    Yeah I haven’t been to a Raw in years so 3+ hour show could get boring. Idc about realism in the story we’ll never have that kind of feeling again cause of the internet. Liv & Rhea taking things tv-14 is what it’s about. Plus Dom is the top heel right now. Triple H has his guys and he’s trying to hook them up like Kross but Kross and his team are channel changers. Same with that one lesbian female group. There’s better stuff than before but you just got to filter through the bullshit to get through it. I’m just happy that it’s not goofy like when Vince ran the show. I thought last night was pretty decent. 

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Lmao I stopped watching altogether. WWE and AEW. Shortly after Mania. Tired of the full time job of keeping up wit everything. Same rehashed bullshit over and over and over again.
    Bruh I watched every single episode from both brands for 5+ years. I prolly watched more than yall honestly. I ain’t dedicating my life to the shit. Honestly having an off season like real sports would prolly keep me around more long term. The fact it’s never ending 5+ times a week makes it a literal job that I’m not getting paid for. There’s more important shit.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Idk how anyone could have a good time at any live WWE event. It baffles me they don't run the commentary through the stadium pa or something. 

I could not imagine being interested in wrestling without the commentary. Boring as fuck lol
    edited August 21
    Idk how anyone could have a good time at any live WWE event. It baffles me they don't run the commentary through the stadium pa or something. 

I could not imagine being interested in wrestling without the commentary. Boring as fuck lol
    Somewhat agree. First off you have to be at least 100 section for it to be anywhere near worth it, anything higher jus stay the fuck home lmao, but even then, the “silence” can be awkward. Definitely one of those things that’s actually better on TV. Honestly in ways that can kind of apply to any sport. Even football hits different without commentary.
    The ufc has headsets you can purchase (or at least used to) while you are there to listen to.commentary..I'm surprised that wrestling doesn't do it. Would improve the live experience 
    I'm with Erik, if you're close to the ring it's great. You're chanting/talking shit most of the time so listening to commentary is unnecessary 
    Yeah I can see that I suppose. I do 100% agree football is better on tv outside of being in the environment.