Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Wrestling thread WWE & AEW

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    If he gets full creative control without Vince in his ear, could end up being hard as fuck. NXT was extremely dope when he was in charge.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Lol. Now im not 100% on how this works, but i know for damn sure Vince wasn’t writing that shit himself, and im pretty sure all TH will do is say yes or no to idea lol.

they have full writing teams that write all of it. Which im sure you know. I just wouldnt expect much to change. They already have their formula
    edited July 2022
    Yes but in the end, it’s whatever Vince says goes. He gave the team general ideas and they would build it from there, but the green light came from him. There was NOTHING being aired that came purely from the writing team, because Vince would shut it down. And believe me, the lead man in charge makes all the difference in the world. NXT is a shadow of it’s former self. Why? Lead creative on it changed from Triple H to Vince and the difference is night and day. It lost it’s entire identity.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Lol. Now im not 100% on how this works, but i know for damn sure Vince wasn’t writing that shit himself, and im pretty sure all TH will do is say yes or no to idea lol.

they have full writing teams that write all of it. Which im sure you know. I just wouldnt expect much to change. They already have their formula
    I think you underestimate how hands on Vince was with the product and how out of touch he was. He micromanaged everything and had a say in every decision. 

The last few years WWE pretty much stopped hiring rookie wrestlers for its developmental program and started hiring undrafted college football players and cheerleaders and shit. Triple H was put in charge of his own show a few years ago and went and hired all the best independent wrestlers that wrestle the bingo hall shows and shit that Arlo and Marc go to. It was a massive hit and everyone loved it. So of course WWE fired almost all of those wrestlers and they all went to a new rival company. Triple H knows what the fans like and knows where the talent is. 
    Dead @ the Marc and Arlo part. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    I still love my bullshit indie shows lol where else can you get big time matchups like this?

Although the time I got to see Evan Borne vs MVP in front of literally no one was pretty fun too. 
    Dead @ the Marc and Arlo part. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    It wasn't a dig I just don't think anyone else here goes to indie wrestling. I would go but Colorado indie wrestling sucks balls. 
    Shitty indie promotions are the best ones. I've gone to one here at a bingo hall that was run by "Mo" from the 90's tag team Men On A Mission and it was the most garbage tier wrasslin I've ever seen. They even had a running storyline where one of the heel managers literally kidnaps and ties up this dude's girlfriend and threated to beat her. It was wild. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    SummerSlam was hard af. I’m sure Erik gonna complain about the goat keep the belts though. 

Ric Flair wrestled his last match tonight. In 2022.
    He said after the match that he couldn't remember half of it  :|
    It was a fun match for what it was but I was scared shitless the whole time. 

Lmfao yet another interference retention for Roman. What a fucking joke. Absolute worst thing in the history of wrestling. 
    edited August 2022
    Lmao Triple H immediately reversing a lotta stupid ass shit Vince did. Re-hired Dakota Kai and Karrion Kross/Scarlett, and he’s re-allowing the use of the words “Wrestler” and “Wrestling”. They don’t have to strictly be called “Superstars” anymore.
    Hunter definitely took all them NXT firings personal. 🤣🤣 Brought Hit Row back now too. Thing about that tho is, those 3 are complete fucking cornballs. The only swagger they had as a team was all strictly from Swerve as the leader (And even he’s kinda corny.) and he’s in AEW now. I don’t see them going over at ALL without him. We’ll see tho.
    THE RETURN OF THE KING
    All y'all hoes can suck my dick from the back