Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Westboro Baptist Church to picket Dios funeral

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    That's true. But if someone gets offended that's it. It's some sort of lawsuit or some other bullshit. There's a charge for almost anything nowadays. America isn't free even though it does have more freedoms then most countries on this planet. I mean fuck, you can get fired from a job from something you post on facebook privately if someone decides to tell your work.

yeah but in a perfect america this wouldnt be true. these are examples of us not listening to our laws
  • SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    "Their words and protests are 100% legal. They know what they are doing when they set these protests up"

aslong as they stay off private property.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited May 2010
    "It's not legal."

I don't know where you are getting this from, it's legal, done. Sorry, it's as simple as that, if it wasn't legal they would be arrested. They are actually protected by police at their protests.

Shirley Phelps is actually a lawyer, they may be crazy but they know what their rights are.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    The nazi thing wasn't really a comparison.... it was just precedent.

And we shouldn't do anything because the government says its ok for them to hate-monger?.... yup; because government always knows whats best, right?
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That was in their defense of right to protest, not of free speech. I just checked and Westboro Baptist Church also is on several confirmed lists of hate groups. The legality of their speech is very suspect, and I question any bench that finds in their favor.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    "I don't know where you are getting this from, it's legal, done. Sorry, it's as simple as that, if it wasn't legal they would be arrested. They are actually protected by police at their protests.

Shirley Phelps is actually a lawyer, they may be crazy but they know what their rights are."

Several things are illegal and people aren't arrested for them. When laws are made in violation of other laws, it's difficult. They're protected by police because of their personal rights, the debate is about the validity of the group as a whole. Phelps being a lawyer doesn't mean shit, it means he's clever enough to be dangerous in court.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    "yeah but in a perfect america this wouldnt be true. these are examples of us not listening to our laws"

Yeah...this country has problems listening and the majority have no common sense either
    imageimage
    All it takes is people not understanding their rights for this country to go down in flames.
    there demonstrations hasnt promoted violence so i think they should be allowed to exercise their rights. they said they hate people, but dont say hurt people.....
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    "And we shouldn't do anything because the government says its ok for them to hate-monger?"

We shouldn't do anything because they have less members than I do fingers and their views are just too crazy to reel enough people in for it to matter. They will die off after awhile and will be forgotten. You can be afraid all you want but it's really no big deal. I'm done for tonight.
    theyre still dispickable people though
    pfft... status quo

FYL
    edited May 2010
    "These include the lewd and obscene, the profane, the libelous, and the insulting or "fighting" words--those which by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace."

Lewd check
    obscene check
    profane check
    libelous...not published
    insulting check

Yes, fighting words is their actual phrase in the decision.
    GOD HATES FAGS

A SOLIDER DIES - GOD LAUGHS

... if these aren't fighting words; then nothing is.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
  • Deificus254Deificus254 Posts: 540 juggalo
    Intriguing this is indeed.
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    I plan on calling them later on today.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    with all the people going postal for no reason, these people really should be targets. blow the fuckers up