Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

RIP Ronnie James Dio 1942 -2010 - Added: Geezer Butler tells the story of Ronnie’s final days.

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i wonder what tony and Geezer are going to do now, figuring Dio passed and Ozzy sued them

they need to kiss and make up and get back together!
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    "Now we almost know for sure nopw that KSE won't be dropping their Holy Diver from their sets anytime soon"

This is totally unsupported so nobody rip my head off but I heard that the band really doesnt even listen to Dio they just like that particular song.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    edited May 2010
    Same thing Erik was proposing. I'm certain that they've made their sympathies known, but I can't see Sabbath working out again.
    I love winning with women
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Idk it just feels like all of these guys are gonna live forever. The loss of Dio is kind of a wake up call from that feeling

Indeed. I look up so much to all of Behemoth, the day they die, will be extremely depressing, because they're not supposed to die, you want them to live forever, you know?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    in 10 years you prob wont care about behemoth. ten years ago my favorite band was smash mouth lol. you change alot in ten years but who knows you might still like em
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,598 spicy boy
    over the next ten years we will probably lose alot of metal legends :(
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,710 spicy boy
    yea...
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    i was at a concert when i heard this
    so fucking sad. i don't even know what to say
    yea, i talked about him so much today. Sad thing is, not many people knew him. What really pissed me off, was that those who cried over the Revs death in december, didnt care about Dio at all. At least me and like 5 other kids at my school knew who he was, gave him a moment of silence in the morning, and are keeping his memory alive.

Dio will never be forgotten.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    One person who really let me down was Ritchie Blackmore.... Dio fucking salvaged his career and they had a pretty good history together (at first)

but he just said someshit like "Dio will be missed"..... he couldn't get over his ego just for one fucking second and say something nice about Dio.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Dio made it into the Washington post. I'll make it into a thread tonight hopefully
    it's nice that he gets some respec from the media although he should be all over the news
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    The peole that cared for Dio know he has passed. Dio was a pretty low-key guy. I doubt Dio would want his face plastered all over the place for a bunch of people who have absolutely no clue who he is.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    That's true. I guess all that matters is that we know all good metalheads know
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    Oh god, this is terrible.....I know I'm coming in late, but all the same....

RIP Ronnie James Dio. Your spirit will go on.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I had thought for a good week that he was #1 on my list of bands/artists to see...I couldn't wait..then it happened.

Then what really annoyed me today was that one of my friends was talking about it so we had a conversation. Then he said the only song he really knew besides Holy Diver was the song from Tenacious D...like, really dude?
    image Photobucket
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I had Rainbow In The Dark in my head all day.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    edited May 2010
    a radio station over here was play'n The Last in Line this morning on my way to school...i got choked up.

specially that slow part in the begining...
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Rip dio
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    edited May 2010
    "It's with a heavy heart that I pay my respects to Ronnie James Dio.

"What an amazing singer and entertainer.

"Throughout my career, he has always been in my top 10 list of vocalists. The mystery and emotion in his vocal style always lured me in for more.

"Unfortunately, I never had the pleasure to meet him in person, but, fortunately, I did have the extreme pleasure of experiencing his uncanny frontmanship in concert so many times I can't even count it. I saw him with ELF, RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH, and almost had one of my wishes fulfilled when HEAVEN & HELL asked KING DIAMOND to go on tour with them in the USA last year. Unfortunately, my back problems prevented that dream from coming true.

"I always had the highest respect for him and he will forever have his music playing in my home.

"My deepest sympathy goes out to Ronnie's family.

"I wish you a safe journey to the other side."

-King Diamond

I would have sold my soul to go if H&H and the King toured together. That would have been one of the greatest tours =[