Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Rebirth of the Bored at work thread......are you?

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i went to the vending machine to get a candy bar. was a dime short, starting walking back. saw a coworker, asked for a dime, he gave it to me. went back to the vending machine. it ate my money. god doesnt want me to have a candy bar
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm a bricklayer so I got off all winter! So I'm bored at home...
    love your sig George...glad the Yankees didnt sign him.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It's alright, I get bored. Every year I tell myself I'm gonna get a job to keep myself busy, but I can never find one. It gives me time to ride my bike.

John, the yankees are sooo fucked. They waited and all the good free agents are gone! I cant believe the Phils out of nowhere with the steal! Yankees suck, they'll have fun with their shitty pitching and 57 year old SS letting every ball through, lolooololololololol!
    just got a gift basket from one of our vendors....

http://www.winecountrygiftbaskets.com/gift_basket_detail.asp?item_no=11 16 00 517&edp=11183

everyone on my team got one. a couple people are putting it out so everyone in the department can have some. fuck that, i'm bringing it home
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    just got a gift basket from one of our vendors....

http://www.winecountrygiftbaskets.com/gift_basket_detail.asp?item_no=11 16 00 517&edp=11183

everyone on my team got one. a couple people are putting it out so everyone in the department can have some. fuck that, i'm bringing it home

Good man. Fuck sharing.
    i'm sharing with my son :)
    i'm sharing with my son :)

I wish my dad had shared his wine basket with me........
    lol...i'll make sure there is no booze in the chocolate
    lol...i'll make sure there is no booze in the chocolate

I just looked at the picture of it. Looks good. The CEO here gave everybody a Kindle. Boys got black and girls got white. All are the third gen kindles with 3G/WiFi capabilities. Finally something besides a stupid fucking shirt or jacket with the company logo on it.
    very cool Alec...i want a Kindle
    very cool Alec...i want a Kindle
    I like it alot so far. Supposedly holds 3500 books, has a web browser and an MP3 player built in to it, and the battery charge lasts for up to 3 weeks. It has it's own e-mail address. I'm surprised that colleges and high schools haven't given one of these to all their students. Better than lugging around 35 or 40 pounds of books.
    my library has a link to their web site, where you can download free books to a kindle. you have to be a member of the library though
    my library has a link to their web site, where you can download free books to a kindle. you have to be a member of the library though

Yeah, Amazon has links to a couple of "libraries". One of them has over 350,000 books that are supposed to be free to download. From what I understand you have to download them to a computer and then transfer the file from the computer to the kindle via the handy USB cable. Haven't tried that yet but I plan to.
    next week, we have a yankee swap with potluck lunch...we pay for everything ourselves
    The CEO here gave everybody a Kindle. Boys got black and girls got white.
    Wow, that is a pretty nice gift to get from your boss.
    My boss is an athiest and hates even having to pay us holiday pay for Christmas.
    He doesn't mind any other holiday, and even gives us opening deer season day off with pay, but he is a scrooge at Christmas time.

Our Christmas party is usually work half day,...then pizza and beer for the 2nd half of the day.

Last year we didn't even have a party.

Our CEO is a Christmas nut. He started decorating the offices the Monday after Thanksgiving and he'll leave all that shit up til after the New Year. He has spent over 3500.00 on the tree alone, plus he's got all the outside done professionally. We just had our party on December 2 and for the fifth year in a row I didn't go. The company went to a high class steak place for dinner and drinks. I just got the bill this morning and once again that dinner alone was over 2600.00.
    next week, we have a yankee swap with potluck lunch...we pay for everything ourselves
    This may be a dumb question but, what is a yankee swap?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    This may be a dumb question but, what is a yankee swap?
    when a rod and jeter snowball each other lol

yankee swap is when everyone buys a cheap / funny wrapped gift, puts it on a table. everyone pulls a number out of a hat, and that number is the sequence of picking out gifts from the table. numbers go from 1 to whatever. if you pick something up, but you would rather have what someone else picked, you can go over and swap it out. Number 1 is the best number, because after everyone is done, they can pick whatever they want, and swap it out. get some funny fights at times
    my in-laws did a family yankee swap a few years ago, and my wife started a fight with her grandmother. i couldnt stop laughing