Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2013 Tours Thread

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    <_> ok, it wasnt a specific JOKE. I was just "joking around" with facefuck. :-|

I wish i knew the code to do the giant jayface.
    <_>
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    quote that shit george and read it
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    damn Facefuck... you are the definition of pussy.
    How?
    it was a joke :-|
    I thought jokes were supposed to be funny <_>
    the fact that pauly shore had a career in comedy makes your statement null and void.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Facefuck! You're not here? :'(
    Shitty.

You on your phone?

No, i didn't have a way there :(
    inb4lists
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    edited April 2011
    edited April 2011
    oops
    :/
    inb4lists
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    <_> ok, it wasnt a specific JOKE. I was just "joking around" with facefuck. :-|

I wish i knew the code to do the giant jayface.
    <_>
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    oops
    LOL
    inb4lists
    edited April 2011
    It has been revealed to us that Clutch will announce a US tour with Flogging Molly and Corrosion Of Conformity on different legs of the tour. More information is expected soon.
    -

Sounds awesome
    inb4lists
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I picked up my Stone Sour tickets I won today. Apparently its an all day festival thing during the day call Bumstock which I guess are all local bands till 7 pm.

Anyone ever heard of these bands??
    Shallow Path, ITKON, Salvo, Nobis, Darkside Out, A Days Confession, Uncle Jack, Sufferer, Savior Serpent, A Constant Battle, Beyond the Fall, Better Than, The Marble Socket, Deliver Us, Upon Victory, Prospect Hill, Devyln Snydus

Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    damn Facefuck... you are the definition of pussy.
    How?
    it was a joke :-|
    I thought jokes were supposed to be funny <_>
    the fact that pauly shore had a career in comedy makes your statement null and void.
    BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    It has been revealed to us that Clutch will announce a US tour with Flogging Molly and Corrosion Of Conformity on different legs of the tour. More information is expected soon.
    -

Sounds awesome
    That is fucking incredible.
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    May or may not constitute a tour.

70000tons
    The wait is over! 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Floating Heavy Metal Festival welcomes the first 7 out of 40 scheduled bands for 2012 on board:

Eluveitie
    Grave Digger
    My Dying Bride
    Pestilence
    Stratovarius
    Therion
    Tristania

And as a tradition, we will make our first scheduled port call in Finland. Sailors... prepare your wish-lists!
    My Dying Bride? That doesn't sound good.

P.S. I've never heard of them, are they good?
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    edited April 2011
    Apparently they are Doom/Death in their early work and Goth/Doom in their later work, songs good to me, I will check them out later.
    My Dying Bride, now that's a great underground doom metal band. This is my favorite album by My Dying Bride. This like Elis can really show emotion in the songs on the album. I certainly would like to pick this one up when I get the chance but dammit those stores sure know how to hide their underground music pretty well. Well, I guess it's time for Amazon.

When doom metal comes to mind, I'd say most people think My Dying Bride, they happen to be like the Metallica of heavy metal, or the Cannibal Corpse of death metal, or the Arch Enemy of melodic death metal, or the Slayer of thrash metal, and so on.

If asking me, doom metal should have deep and low vocals, gives it the "badass" sound. Low tuned guitars with slow tempos, gives it the step up in the "badass" department. Some keyboard addition is also a idea, because depending on how the keyboards are played, it can give songs a sad and depressing feeling. And this really has all of that.

The big hits on the album were likely Deeper Down, To Remain Tombless, Thy Raven Wings, and I Cannot Be Loved. These songs are all of my favorites for this album. They showed the most insturment addition, best lyrics, and had great guitar parts. I'll say that all the songs seemed dark and heavy. This is what I consider great doom metal, dark, heavy, and unique. and the songs on this album are all, dark, heavy, unique, and some are even desperate. Deeper Down was my favorite, it had the most dark and heavy and desperate sounds, loved the video as well. To Remain Tombless, Thy Raven Wings, and Cannot Be Loved are also good, they were dark and heavy and some even desperate. But the thing that makes My Dying Bride and this album so unique is that, the sound is much different

Overall, guitar and bass parts were good and were really some of the dominant insturments, they are half the reason that gets you that brutal sound. The vocals and lyrics were very good, they really make it seem like I'm in a hospital or somewhere about to die. While not as good as the guitars, they are definitely very good. Drumming was probably the worst thing, but it was still good, not much to comment on this other than they can help give it the evil sound. Keyboard additions were great, like in Thy Raven Wings, that keyboard intro makes it sound sad and depressing like someone punched you in the stomach and let all the air out of you.

Being the hardcore metalhead I am, as I've said before, I'd say doom metal is a good underground sub-genre that many metalheads should be exposed to at least some of, and My Dying Bride and Alkonost are two good starting points for newbie doom metal listeners. I might not like doom metal so much I'd worship it, unlike death metal, thrash metal, or melodic death metal, but it certainly is worth being a top 10 favorite metal sub-genres.

Really isn't too much to say here, other than it was good, mostly because of the unique sound and emotional impact it brings to me, which is exactly what a good band does, of course with slightly different impacts. How to describe this in words, quite simple for me to say. Dark, like that kind of feeling you get at a cemetary at night and hear someone scream, that kind of dark, creepy sound. Heavy, I'm talking low tuned guitars that make that brutal sound like that one riff at exactly 0:56 on For Whom The Bell Tolls. Desperate, by this, I mean that sound like on Duality by Slipknot, like get me some asprin before I die kind of desperate. And of course, awesome.

This is a random review I pulled Metal Archives, seems positive, I will definitely look into this band.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    They are pretty good, I have one of their albums.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    -

Sounds awesome
    This doesn't make sense if it's still Animosity era COC.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
This discussion has been closed.