Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2013 Tours Thread

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You guys are idiots, everyone knows the world's greatest football player is Ray Finkel.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    You guys are idiots, everyone knows the world's greatest football player is Ray Finkel.
    LACES OUT!
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited July 2010
    Through the Eyes of the Dead/Warbeast/Those Who Lie Beneath/Enfold Darkness/Wrath & Rapture

Aug. 2 Amarillo, TX. @ Club Khaos
    Aug. 3 Odessa, TX. @ Dos Amigos
    Aug. 4 Corpus Christis. TX. @ Zero's
    Aug. 5 Laredo, TX. @ The Cool Party
    Aug. 6 Metairie, LA. @ The High Ground
    Aug. 7 Little Rock, AR. @ The Village
    Aug. 8 Memphis, TN. @ Too Cool For School Blowout
    Aug. 9 Johnson City, TN. @ Poor Richard's

defiantly looking forward to Warbeast.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Good god 50% of the dates are in Texas
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    I'd pass if that tour was comin here
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Talk about hick tour 2010.

Oh well.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    No he isn't the cowboys had Emmitt, Troy and Michael all 3 hall of famers. (all above jerry Rice)

Jerry is the best wide out of all time...michael doesn't even compare....and emmit smith isnt even a top 3 running back of all time....neither is troy in the qb department
    edited July 2010
    5. Barry Sanders (This is a bias, but fuck it)

fuck that....he is the best running back of all time....dude was electric...had he ever had a d line like emmit did in dallas he would have had 2000 yards every year....he was on some bad teams....and some decent teams that played great for the regular season
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Good god 50% of the dates are in Texas
    And none of them in my area....ugh...
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Could have been the best running back of all time. Had he ever had a line like Emmitt, or a good team, he would have kept playing
    image Photobucket
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    I can't call Barry Sanders the greatest of all time.

Barry Sanders is a quitter plain and simple. He could have kept playing but just didn't have the heart and quit on his team.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    and NO before someone says it. I'm a Cowboys fan and I don't think Emmitt Smith is the greatest RB of all time.

I do think that his record will not be broken. 18,355 yards will stand for many years to come.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    edited July 2010
    I can't call Barry Sanders the greatest of all time.

Barry Sanders is a quitter plain and simple. He could have kept playing but just didn't have the heart and quit on his team.
    You obviously don't know who Barry is. He's a very quiet and reserved person who didn't like the media aspect of the game. He got tired of it. Emmitt Smith won his first Super Bowl in his third season. If Barry had gotten a championship that soon, would he have kept playing? My guess is probably, because in spite of the other aspects of being a star he didn't like, his team would be winning. The Lions were never consistent winners. He was a one-man team at times and the organization was terribly run and is just now starting to improve. Except for one season, they never seriously contended for a Super Bowl and still haven't. That kind of thing would wear on any player. So I don't think labeling him a quitter is fair. Was Jim Brown a quitter? He gave it up at his peak as well, yet he is probably one of the greatest running backs of all time. Barry gave the Lions his best for 10 years. If we couldn't get to a Super Bowl with him, we didn't deserve him anyway.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Seminal rock band HELMET will embark on a North American headlining tour in September.

The dates are as follows:

Sep. 08 - Sacramento, CA - Harlow's
    Sep. 10 - Oakland, CA - Uptown Theater
    Sep. 11 - San Jose, CA - The Blank Club
    Sep. 13 - Portland, OR - Dante's
    Sep. 15 - Seattle, WA - Showbox at The Market
    Sep. 16 - Vancouver, BC - The Venue
    Sep. 18 - Edmonton, AB - The Starlite Rom
    Sep. 19 - Calgary, AB - Dickens’ Pub
    Sep. 21 - Casper, WY - Downtown Grill & Venue
    Sep. 23 - Tempe, AZ - The Clubhouse
    Sep. 24 - Anaheim, CA - The Galaxy
    Sep. 25 - San Diego, CA - Casbah
    Sep. 26 - Redondo Beach, CA - The Brixton
    Oct. 08 - Denver, CO - Bluebird Theatre
    Oct. 09 - Fort Collins, CO - - Aggie Theatre
    Oct. 10 - Omaha, NE - The Waiting Room
    Oct. 12 - Chicago, IL - Double Door
    Oct. 13 - Cleveland, OH - Peabodys
    Oct. 15 - Columbus, OH - Skully’s Music Center
    Oct. 16 - Detroit, MI - Smalls
    Oct. 17 - Toronto, ON - Lee's Palace
    Oct. 19 - Montreal, QU - Studio
    Oct. 20 - Boston, MA - The Middle East
    Oct. 22 - Baltimore, MD - Sonar
    Oct. 23 - New York, NY - Gramercy Theatre
    Oct. 24 - West Chester, PA - The Note
    Oct. 30 - Austin, TX - Red 7
    Oct. 31 - Dallas, TX - The Loft
    Nov. 02 - Albuquerque, NM - Launchpad
    Nov. 03 - Tucson, AZ - Club Congress
    Nov. 05 - West Hollywood, CA - Key Club
    I remember the the deal with Barry. I remember him quitting on his team and refusing to play unless he was traded. He wasn't traded so he retired.

I think he was a great player that lacked the heart of a champion.

and Jim Brown quit to go do movies not because he was crying about not winning anything.
    I remember the the deal with Barry. I remember him quitting on his team and refusing to play unless he was traded. He wasn't traded so he retired.

I think he was a great player that lacked the heart of a champion.

and Jim Brown quit to go do movies not because he was crying about not winning anything.
    Emmitt Smith would have wanted to quit rather than play for the Lions too. It was not fair to Barry at all. He was a one man show who made something out of absolutely nothing. On any other team, he would have shattered Payton's record and there would be no debate on who is the greatest of all-time. But those who saw him play in person know the truth. He was.
    edited July 2010

"Emmitt Smith would have wanted to quit rather than play for the Lions too. It was not fair to Barry at all. He was a one man show who made something out of absolutely nothing. On any other team, he would have shattered Payton's record and there would be no debate on who is the greatest of all-time. But those who saw him play in person know the truth. He was."

You keep bringing up Emmitt Smith. Don't be mad at Emmitt because he played and won and then retired the All Time Leading Rusher. I'm not talking about Emmitt Smith I'm talking about Barry Sanders and the fact that he quit because his team sucked.

You say "those who saw him play" well I saw Barry play, More than you I'm willing to bet. I don't deny that he was a great player because he for sure was but that doesn't change the fact that he quit.

barry actually never asked for a trade

Several years after retirement, and repeated refusals to discuss the abruptness of it, Sanders finally admitted that the culture of losing in the Lions' organization was too much to deal with even though he said that he could still play. He explained that it robbed him of his competitive spirit, and he saw no reason to believe things were going to improve. He also stated that there were tears in his eyes as the Lions lost the final game of his career the season before he left, because he knew in his heart he was never going to play another NFL game - "I sobbed for 3 months."
    edited July 2010

You keep bring up Emmitt Smith. Don't be mad at Emmitt because he played and won and retired the All Time Leading Rusher. I'm not talking about Emmitt Smith I'm talking about Barry Sanders and the fact that he quit because his team sucked.

You say those who saw him play well I saw Barry play, More than you I'm willing to bet. I don't deny that he was a great player because he for sure was but that doesn't change the fact that he quit.
    I am using Emmitt as an example because he got instant gratification. Three seasons in and he was a Super Bowl champion. Now, what would have happened if you put a player like Emmitt or anyone else with talent in Barry's position, in one of the worst organizations in sports? You can't say for sure that Emmitt or any other player wouldn't have done the same thing Barry did. I'm merely saying that your basis of not considering him as one of the greatest because he played for a cancerous franchise and quit is not fair. It's not like he didn't want to win. He was never given a good opportunity after the 1991 season.

And my family had Lions season tickets until about 2005 or so. So I saw Barry in person quite a bit. I've yet to see a running back that special on a football field since he left.
This discussion has been closed.