Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2013 Tours Thread

Comments

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    my bad. When I read it, it looked like Rome was the supporting act. Not sure why they don't just call themselves "Sublime" but ok.... AC/DC wasn't called AC/DC w/ Johnson. Not that you can compare the two but still.
    I think it has something to do with the original singer's family having the rights to the name.

And I am so there.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    yea, the original singers family had rights to the name and they threatened to sue them if they used it, a bitch move imo that was a slap in the face to the rest of the band
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    "7/29 - Bristow, VA @ Jiffy Lube Live "
    Day before mayhem :-?
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    facefuck is one of the most awkward, uncomfortable, posters ever
    How so? lol
    inb4lists
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    facefuck is one of the most awkward, uncomfortable, posters ever
    How so? lol
    i disagree, i just think facefuck loves basketball. you do love basketball right facefuck?
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Melvins Announce Two-Night Residencies In Six U.S. Cities
    March 22, 2011 11:55 a.m. by Andrew Martin

It's time to rejoice, all you non-Los Angeles Melvins fans. We know some of you were jealous of your West Coast cohorts who got to see the band during their recent residency at L.A.'s Spaceland. Well, the sludge rockers heard your call and are taking the residency concept on the road for six two-night stints in cities across the U.S. this May and June.

The performances will feature the same set list in each city, so those of you in Boston thinking about hitting up the New York City shows can chill. The first night's first set will include songs from Lysol and Egg Nog followed by a second set of cuts from Houdini. Then, the second night's first set will feature Bullhead in its entirety with Stoner Witch closing out the evening.

This will pretty much be a must-attend event for fans, such as myself, who have only seen the Melvins in the past few years, during which they have played a majority of newer tunes.

View the dates below. There are no opening acts on the tour.

05.13 Seattle, WA: The Crocodile
    05.14 Seattle, WA: The Crocodile
    05.16 San Francisco, CA: Great American Music Hall
    05.17 San Francisco, CA: Great American Music Hall
    05.27 Austin, TX: Mohawk
    05.28 Austin, TX: Mohawk
    05.31 Chicago, IL: Double Door
    06.01 Chicago, IL: Double Door
    06.03 Boston, MA: Paradise Rock club
    06.04 Boston, MA: Paradise Rock club
    06.06 Brooklyn, NY: Music Hall of Williamsburg
    06.07 Brooklyn, NY: Music Hall of Williamsburg
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Oh man, I have wanted to see Melvins for a while.
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Melvins are in my top 5 worst bands i ever saw live
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    Chicken Fucker <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo

I has a shocked look on my face. They are in my top 10. Guess they are an acquired taste.

I has a shocked look on my face. They are in my top 10. Guess they are an acquired taste.
    I saw them open for Gwar in 1992. they got booed off the stage, ddint even finish their set

I saw them open for Gwar in 1992. they got booed off the stage, ddint even finish their set
    I've only seen them open for Down but I've seen them three other time as a headliner. I loved 'em. GWAR crowds ain't usually the same type of crowd as a Melvins crowd either. I love all that fuzzy stoner type goodness.

I've only seen them open for Down but I've seen them three other time as a headliner. I loved 'em. GWAR crowds ain't usually the same type of crowd as a Melvins crowd either. I love all that fuzzy stoner type goodness.
    i don't know if it was an off night or something. i usually dont let a crowd dictate whether or not i like a band. the crowd seemed like they were trying to get into them, but they were horrid. out of time, out of tune. just bad.
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, they seem like it would be really easy for a sound guy to get their tuning off because of all the fuzz and feedback. I've been lucky to have had a quality sound guy at each show.

The tour with Weedeater and Down was a stoner's wet dream. One of the best tours I've ever been to.
    btw Alec, I was offered a free ticket to the Symphony X show next month :)
    edited March 2011
    The only show I've got planned over the next few weeks is Henry Rollins on the first of April. After that...........nuffin'
    all i have for April is 2 potentially free shows, Symphony X and Bob Segar....
    Bob Seger?!?! Really? For free? How the hell did you manage that one? I'd love to go see him.
This discussion has been closed.