Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I havent been scared by a horror movie since I was 8. I think thats why I enjoy films like Cabin In The Woods and Evil Dead because they have all the same cool imagery but dont take themselves too seriously.

We need more of these, and less of "omgz possesion" or "jump scare: the movie"
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i actually like a good jump scare. idk what it is but for some reason i'm really calm while watching any movie. yeah i feel the suspense a little but not like i used to when i was younger so a jump scare is really the only thing that gives me any sort of jolt. sometimes i don't even jump at the jump scares
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    oh and i just watched the Evil Dead remake. i really enjoyed it. IMO that's how you do a remake if you're gonna remake a movie. added new things to the story, improved the affects etc. i also really enjoy rob zombies halloween so you may find my opinion irrelevant. House on Haunted Hill, My Bloody Valentine, and Thirteen Ghosts were other remakes done right IMO.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,713 spicy boy
    I hate jump scares. They're so lame. Especially in videogames.

Xenocide said:

Depends on how you define "supernatural".

I'm just done when it comes to fuckin spirits and demons.

Demons and spirits have become really played out. I still dig a good ghost story though, and I'm pretty much always down for zombies.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,667 spicy boy
    edited December 2013

i actually like a good jump scare. idk what it is but for some reason i'm really calm while watching any movie. yeah i feel the suspense a little but not like i used to when i was younger so a jump scare is really the only thing that gives me any sort of jolt. sometimes i don't even jump at the jump scares

If it werent so damn predictable and cliche I'd agree. Between the usual set up (going into the basement/dark room/whetever) and the music (or lack of) 90 percent of the time I just roll my eyes before it happens.

A few movies have gotten me good though. Cant think of a specific example but something like when they juxtapose a kid playing in the living room in broad daylight with an image of a demon/ghost sitting in the corner and the kid is oblivious to it. I think it plays into the fear that everyone has when they think they see something out of the corner of their eye.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,713 spicy boy
    I always thought mirrors should be better implemented in movies. Its a good way to play off the fear of not really knowing whats behind you at all times. It also gives a way for the audience to see something that the character on screen may not. It could also provide some really trippy or disturbing imagery if multiple are used correctly.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies

I havent been scared by a horror movie since I was 8. I think thats why I enjoy films like Cabin In The Woods and Evil Dead because they have all the same cool imagery but dont take themselves too seriously.

We need more of these, and less of "omgz possesion" or "jump scare: the movie"

Have you seen "You're Next" ?
    inb4lists
    Cant say i have
    It's hilarious and it has awesome death scenes, it's basically a much darker and slightly more serious version of Scream.

A family gathers at their parent's house for an anniversary party, and several intruders wearing animal masks terrorize them.
    inb4lists
    Movie sucked dick
    You're Next > The conjuring

inb4lists
    Havent seen either
    <______________________________________>
    inb4lists
    edited December 2013
    Your 0 privlages have hereby been revoked.
    inb4lists
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Cabin in the woods reminded me of thirteen ghosts
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!

Your 0 privlages have hereby been revoked.

:|
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited December 2013
    SATAN said:

Even though it wasn't all that scary, I really loved 'Cabin in the Woods'

Yep, I thought it was gonna be the same recycled horror movie shit but it was actually pretty original and was good overall.
  • TyrantTyrant Posts: 2,850 destroyer of motherfuckers
    House of The Devil was pretty sweet