Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I'm so fucking sick of these goddamn remakes
  • Da_MuffinzDa_Muffinz Posts: 2,972 balls deep
    SATAN said:

I'm so fucking sick of these goddamn remakes

Pretty much this. Hollywood has officially run out of ideas.
    There are plenty of ideas. They're just strangling the market with rehashed shit because they're afraid of losing money because people are dumb as fuck and pay to see the rehashed shit
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    yeah why try out a new idea when you know dumbfukks will go see the green latern 3
    SATAN said:

There are plenty of ideas. They're just strangling the market with rehashed shit because they're afraid of losing money because people are dumb as fuck and pay to see the rehashed shit

I know there are ideas out there, just not in Hollywood. I've found that a lot of independent movies adhere to pure originality, and uniqueness. Hollywood is just so corrupt and full of greedy bastards that anything they consider to be too original they won't invest money into. So then they go to rehashing everything like you said.
    I used to be a flat out movie geek but I barely even watch movies anymore because they're a bunch of shit
    at least i can count on 7 pyscopaths and the daniel day lincoln movie
    SATAN said:

I used to be a flat out movie geek but I barely even watch movies anymore because they're a bunch of shit

Lol I understand that feeling. I still love movies, but the good ones are just hard to find these days.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Go see Looper, Muffinz.
    Working in movies left a sour taste in my mouth. Most of the people I know that are making it are complete opportunistic, talentless douchebags. An absurd amount of them are faggy hipsters, too. Almost none of them wouldn't sell their soul to make another 'Saw' sequel. The whole industry is like that. It's gonna take another rebellious wave of young, ambitious filmmakers to break out. That hasn't happened since the early 90s
    SATAN said:

Working in movies left a sour taste in my mouth. Most of the people I know that are making it are complete opportunistic, talentless douchebags. An absurd amount of them are faggy hipsters, too. Almost none of them wouldn't sell their soul to make another 'Saw' sequel. The whole industry is like that. It's gonna take another rebellious wave of young, ambitious filmmakers to break out. That hasn't happened since the early 90s

Whoa you worked in movies? That's awesome man, at the same time though you make it sound bad lol. How long did you work in movies? When and where did you work? Was it better back then?

SATAN said:

Whoa you worked in movies? That's awesome man, at the same time though you make it sound bad lol. How long did you work in movies? When and where did you work? Was it better back then?
    I worked on a couple dozen short films in some capacity and acted in 3 feature films, most notably a movie called 'the signal' that played at the Sundance Festival. I have an IMDB page and everything. The last thing I worked on was an acting gig in a movie called 'Triasumite Whirled Cup' that played at the last Atlanta Film Festival. I was a character called "Gator Dunn". I kinda went on hiatus around '09 because I worked on a film script for more than a year about the first human clone. The script was reviewed very favorably by the Atlanta Screenwriters Guild and had a director attached, but the staff that had been working with was a bunch of flakes and the project collapsed. It took a lot out of me to work so hard on something while working full time and having a little baby, so I've been semi-retired for the last 3 years. I have a script I've been working on about a washed up punk singer that I've offered to a director I know, but he has 2 other projects to finish before it gets started. They've approached Mark Hammill to play the lead character, but no other progress has been made in the last year
    id be fukkin pumped if you ever got that punk movie made
    SATAN said:

SATAN said:

I worked on a couple dozen short films in some capacity and acted in 3 feature films, most notably a movie called 'the signal' that played at the Sundance Festival. I have an IMDB page and everything. The last thing I worked on was an acting gig in a movie called 'Triasumite Whirled Cup' that played at the last Atlanta Film Festival. I was a character called "Gator Dunn". I kinda went on hiatus around '09 because I worked on a film script for more than a year about the first human clone. The script was reviewed very favorably by the Atlanta Screenwriters Guild and had a director attached, but the staff that had been working with was a bunch of flakes and the project collapsed. It took a lot out of me to work so hard on something while working full time and having a little baby, so I've been semi-retired for the last 3 years. I have a script I've been working on about a washed up punk singer that I've offered to a director I know, but he has 2 other projects to finish before it gets started. They've approached Mark Hammill to play the lead character, but no other progress has been made in the last year
    Damn man sorry to hear about the failed project. That'd be so cool though if you actually got that punk movie with Mark Hammill in it. Hope it works out. You got a lot of really cool experience out of it I bet.
    The main character is an amalgam of Iggy Pop and Richard Hell. His best friend is modeled after Dave Vanian. I've been pushing for Bruce Campbell for the best friend role. If we really get both, I may die from a geek attack
    i love richard hell.. blank generation is the best.. that movie would be the tits
    SATAN said:

The main character is an amalgam of Iggy Pop and Richard Hell. His best friend is modeled after Dave Vanian. I've been pushing for Bruce Campbell for the best friend role. If we really get both, I may die from a geek attack

\m/
    http://movies.yahoo.com/lincoln-live/

daniel day and speilberg live talking about the lincoln movie