Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Serious help please....

EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited April 2010 in Off Topic
I know you guys don't like me and shit, but I'm just asking, PLEASE help me with this. Due to my principal being a bitch and suspending me for 5 days, I wasn't there to have this explained to me, but my Math test, which determines if I fail Math for the school year or pass, was sent home and needs to be returned tomorrow. I NEED to pass this test, so please help me with these questions.

1: Suppose you can only borrow 5 books from the library. You have found 9 books that cover the topic you need. How many possible combinations of books can you borrow?

2: Explain the counting principle for the above question.

3: Explain how permutations and combinations are alike. How do they differ?

4: At a company picnic, a numbered ticket is placed in a box for each of the 40 employees, for each of the 50 adult guests, and for each of the 10 children attending. The box is shaken and tickets are drawn for prizes.

Answer the following if one door prize ticket is drawn and then replaced.

P(Employee)

P(Not an employee)

Answer the following if one door prize ticket is drawn and not replaced. A second ticket is drawn.

What is the probability that the two tickets drawn are both child tickets?

What is the probability that the first ticket drawn is an adult guest ticket and the second is a child ticket?

5: A number from 1-35 is selected at random. Find each theoretical probability.

Remember the theoretical probability means there was no actual experiment done and that each problem is to be solved like it is the only problem.

P(45)

P(10 or 12)

6: A local pet store sells 12 kinds of goldfish, 4 kinds of algae eaters, and 5 kinds of tropical fish. In order to create an attractive aquarium, you want to buy each one of these types of fish. How many combinations of fish do you have to choose from?

7: The option for a utility vehicle consist of 6 different colors, two-tone, or solid, and wood accents, or rubber. The options for a sedan consists of 7 different colors, alloy or chrome wheels, electric windows or manual windows, and manual or automatic transmission. Which vehicle offers more combinations?

Comments