Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

OH FUCK NAW

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited April 2010
    This is how i see it...

60's > 90's
    70's about = 90's
    80's < 90's
    00's << 90's

The eighties were a decade of over produced shit with a little good music mixed in. Some artists like elvis cosetllo, u2, the specials, dire straits, metallica, exodus, slayer were good but for the most part it was run by shitty synth pop and hair metal. The list 0f great 90's cd's is absolutely huge and i think could at least compare to the 70's.

I hate Cobain because he was a hypocrite. He stood for this "movement" and supposedly hated fame and all this bullshit. Then why did he sign a record deal? Thats like me saying I would hate being famous then going and agreeing to star in a summer blockbuster film. No one put a gun to his head and said "you have to be famous and make records for this multi million dollar label or you die"

Cobain is not a hypocrite. Cobain loved music and his popularity and fame got out of hand due to the times and the situation he was in. Yeah he signed a record contract, big deal. so did every other grunge band of the time. I dont think he understood the implications of what he doing fully. Cobain loved music and his influences were some of the best artists of the twentieth century. he understood what it what it meant to be a musician and what music was truly meant for. Now a gay Metallica fanboy like you might not understand that cuz they are the ones who are truly hypocrites. They are some of the biggest sell outs of all time and wouldnt know what music was all about if it bit them in the ass. Eighties Metallica was what the underground metal movement was all about and then you saw what happened in the 90's. Cobain himself, imo, knew that nirvana being so big wasnt what he really wanted but i think it was to late for that, the public storm was already in full affect. he tried to stay away from it as much as possible. So why dont you go troll the other mayhemforums like the loser you are instead of opening your mouth next time mkay?
    Post edited by NolaFree810 on
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Whoa, no need to bash, geez.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Fuck that jake kid, hes an idiot.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited April 2010
    Naw, he's a cool kid. Relax. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    "Yeah he signed a record contract, big deal. so did every other grunge band of the time. I dont think he understood the implications of what he doing fully"

Ok and that makes him a fucking idiot. He made his bed and he had to lie in it. Dont wanna be famous dont sign a fucking record deal its not that hard of a concept. Its not like he couldnt have went on making music, or been influental. Ever heard of Harry Perry? But no, Cobain wanted the fucking paycheck just like everyone does, he just couldnt handle the pressure so he killed himself like a fucking coward.

And if he was so fucking upset with the direction Nirvana was taking, why didnt he just leave the band? No thats too rational.

And lol at your failed attempts at trying to get me butthurt. Gay Metallia fanboy? Really if your gonna try and upset me at least make it worth it. Just because im not a fucking moron who sucks Cobains dick even though he was nothing more than an asshole junkie who happened to become famous. But then again I wouldnt expect anything better from a piece of shit from LA, I hope you and the filth that is New Orleans get hit with another hurricane so I dont have to deal with your stupidity any longer.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    That last sentence was a dick move
    IMO cobain made good music. That's it
    edited April 2010
    First of all im not from NOLA but those are some kind words you said, yah jl redwing your right he is a cool kid <_>

Second of all im not sucking cobains dick i just know where he is coming from for the most part. Everything is so black and white for you huh? He suffered from depression and severe drug abuse his whole adult life. so anyone who struggled with drug abuse is an asshole junkie? i dont think you fully grasp the concepts of these types of abuse...

Dont wanna be famous dont sign a fucking record deal its not that hard of a concept.

This statement is laughable, hes a musician, whats he supposed to do? you have to sign a contract for the most part in order to make music. You really think he thought his album was gonna start a trend of an era? He obviously couldnt handle that but how was he supposed to know? And plus he was just some young kid from washington, its hard to make life changing decisions when ur just a kid who just starting to make real records.

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Oh Jesus, here we fucking go.

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Until about a month ago I was under the impression that Downnola and NolaMetal were just big Down fans... lol
    I love winning with women
    ^ um...i am....
    Well yeah but I didn't realize you were from New Orleans. lol
    um.....im not.... but downnola is...i live in massachusetts lol
    Oh....

huh... ok
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Awkward turtle
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited April 2010
    That picture made me laugh so fuckin' hard in class just now. I looked like an idiot XD
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I can't stand nirvana and aslo feel they are overrated.

Drug abuse is only the fault of the person doing the drugs. Why would I have remorse for yet another dead junkie?

* patiently waits for nolametal to throw a bitch fit*
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!