Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Members Report Here

Comments

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited January 2012
    to name off a few of the bands i like (in no order except for godsmack being my favorite):

godsmack, dawn of ashes, the black dahlia murder, slipknot, korn, disturbed, dr. acula, machine head, static-x, rob zombie, pantera, testament, slayer, system of a down, whitechapel, winds of plague, in this moment, arch enemy, kittie, metallica, black sabbath, ozzy osbourne, devildriver, fear factory, alice in chains, artas, hatebreed, havok, meshuggah, mushroomhead, ill nino, trigger the bloodshed, darkest hour, marilyn manson, god forbid, trivium, the ghost inside, born of osiris, veil of maya, before the dawn, abysmal dawn, origin, dope, as i lay dying, as blood runs black, black water rising, skeletonwitch, silent civilian, impending doom, obscura, murderdolls, otep, turbid north, mudvayne, woe of tyrants, war of ages, white zombie, soil, dope, toxic holocaust, novembers doom, norther, norma jean, hatebreed, terror, earth crisis, killswitch engage, job for a cowboy, ghost brigade, the haunted, daath, ac/dc, after the burial, all shall perish, nirvana, sublime, vale of pnath, abigail williams, all that remains, amon amarth
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    dr. acula

I stopped reading there
    thats too bad, theres a lot of good bands in that list that most people here would agree.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    *cough*atthegates*cough*electricwizard*cough*
    george, you know you like hatebreed, terror, and earth crisis
    that was my point. there are bands in my list that most people like.
    I know, and theres bands that I like that people like. I just dont like your favorite bands i guess I should say. it's all a matter of opinion. I know i like some bands that noone likes. I'm ok with that.
    I actually liked Limp Bizkit when I was like 13, when they came out with their 1st 2 albums and I still kinda dig those albums when I throw them in once in a blue moon..... they just kind of evolved into a really shitty band, and I think that goes for all those types of bands that came out around that time. Korns first 2 albums rulled, then they just went with and are still doing whats popular at the moment, like the dubstep shit. to each his own. ;)
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I remember there being a time when I liked 'follow the leader'.

and @ skully - you list a couple good in with a list that is predominately shitty, and that's supposed to prove you dont like shitty music? Pretty much tells me that you probably dont know why the good bands you listed are good.

Finally, Im a firm believer that when listing bands you like, it's usually best to just put it in a top 10 or whatever. a top 10 gives people a better idea of what sort of music you like then a top 100.
    that wasn't all of the bands i like. theres probably quite a few that we both like. and im not entirely sure what that second part means. if i like the way a band sounds then i like it. it doesn't have to be a complicated style for me to like it.
    It's pretty simple... If someone is listing bands they like and in the first five bands they list they say godsmack, slipknot, korn, disturbed, It's safe to say any bands we might both happen to like, we for sure don't like them for the same reason.

btw - I actually think Disturbed is shitter then Slipknot. I dont see how anyone could like Disturbed.
    godsmack is my favorite band but the rest weren't in order. i was just naming them off the top of my head and i just happened to think of them before the others.
    all the bands i like, i like them cause i like they way they sound. i dont know of any other reason why a person would like a band so im not really sure what you mean by that.
    Music is a lot like painting or any other art form. If we are taking painting as an analogy, there are countless number of styles from Impressionism, to Modernism, to Renaissance, to abstract, etc... However typically when someone educated says they enjoy painting, they don't just enjoy all painted art. They typically enjoy select styles of painting. Perhaps someone enjoys this :

and if that is true it is likely that same person wont enjoy shitty abstract art like

Does that make more sense?
    Furthermore... If we are using art as an analogy to music, then the art analogy of Slipknot would look something like this

If you're gonna say you love shit art like that above... Then you completely discredit your opinion on art to me. Even if you say "Well You like Tool and I like Tool" (Tool being represented as something like:)

No. We have nothing in common. You think some kid taking a shit on a piece of paper is art, we have no common ground even if you want to try and claim you also like Tool.
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    I prefer this Mona Lisa. ;)

imageimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I'd imagine the music that I listen to would look something like this:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • JillianJillian Posts: 1,574
    I'm assuming you're probably as old as my dad, Wake because those are the bands he likes. (PF is good though). And I can understand why older people don't like Slipknot. They're too overwhelming, and too modern.
    Photobucket
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    If you can't admit slipknot is the best post-96 death metal band, you need to reevaluate what you think is metal.