Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Members Report Here

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    As far as me and my friends go, I wouldn't say I introduced them to Metal, but I introduced them to the more extreme/underground Metal.
    I'm in a similar predicament. I have maybe one friend that I can talk to about metal, but it's not quite metal the metal that I am passionate about. I don't think I'll ever have a friend who I can talk about the awesomeness of Sons of Northern Darkness with, and that sucks.

This friend recently got into Sleep and Electric Wizard, though, so I'm getting there. He's not an Agalloch, Immortal, Iron Maiden, Death, anything else fan.
    I only have that problem with a few of my friends. But a few a my friends, Dreamtheater for example, I can talk Agalloch, Sleep, BTBAM, Maiden with, but I introduced them to said bands, except Maiden.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    killswitch engaged <_>
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited June 2011
    i have 0 metal friends

i think ive talked real metal, not killswitch engaged <_> to one person in my life..i was drunk off my ass at a umass party and i remember we just went back and forth in our drunken sputters saying metal bands we like it went kinda like this

"you listen to atheist?"
    "fuck yea"
    what about fuckin.....gojira"
    "hell yea man theyre awesome"
    "and carcass?"
    "dood carcass rocks"

this went on for 50 mins lol
    I was at a party a few months ago and basically this exact thing happened to me. I started whistling some death metal tune and a guy's eyes lit up and went OMG I KNOW THAT SONG. The rest of the conversation was basically us hummin death metal and drinking.

I like your story more though, how did Atheist just randomly come into the conversation?
    I only have that problem with a few of my friends. But a few a my friends, Dreamtheater for example, I can talk Agalloch, Sleep, BTBAM, Maiden with, but I introduced them to said bands, except Maiden.
    So proud. So proud.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i was wearing a LOG shirt and he commented....when he asked what metal i liked he was surprised as i was to not here trivium, killswitch, slipknot etc..

we both had a fuck yea moment
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    i tried getting my band into Agalloch yesterday... they didnt like it :-(
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    why is this happening in the new members thread?
    I SEE NO NEW MEMBERS
    imageimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    fuck new members
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    time to find a new band
    You're in a thrash band no?

Bridge them into the blacker side of things, IE Immortal and Absu, then try out Fen and see if Agalloch works then. Getting into Agalloch is tough as shit. Best band on the fucking planet though, I'm not even sure it's close.
    You're in a thrash band no?

Bridge them into the blacker side of things, IE Immortal and Absu, then try out Fen and see if Agalloch works then. Getting into Agalloch is tough as shit. Best band on the fucking planet though, I'm not even sure it's close.
    yea, we're thrash... recently i've expanded into great amounts of different music... post-rock/metal, ambient metal, black metal, the Agalloch/ Fen -y kinda stuff, even classical. They just dont get into it for some reason.

Immortal is tolerated by them, cuz they're still heavy as balls. but as soon as you throw in ambience, or longer acoustic interludes, i lose 'em
    Well, it's all about their musical tastes, which, like many, center around heaviness and aggression. Just find those bands to wean aggression and get into some ambiance, progression and beauty.

I can't believe there was ever a time where I didn't listen to Agalloch, they just make me feel so good.
    i know what you mean... they're fantastic... they're amazing live too. i'm sooo happy i saw them when they were here
    i know what you mean... they're fantastic... they're amazing live too. i'm sooo happy i saw them when they were here
    I've seen them twice, and the first time was so beautiful. I remember them lighting the incense right before the set and I just freaked.

The second time was great too, but the set was abbreviated, even though I did get to see Falling Snow...
    I've seen them twice, and the first time was so beautiful. I remember them lighting the incense right before the set and I just freaked.

The second time was great too, but the set was abbreviated, even though I did get to see Falling Snow...
    the incense got me goin to... whole place smelled like forest, n i was like "fuck yea"

got to see Falling Snow too, which made my day x2.

i'll deff see them again if they come round here
    I don't think I'll ever not see Agalloch if they're within a few hours drive from me. They're totally a band I could see myself seeing a few times if I lived on the East Coast.
    Agalloch at GAMH with Dispirit is Top 10 shows of all time for me. =P~
    Agalloch at GAMH with Dispirit is Top 10 shows of all time for me. =P~
    Dispirit were fucking awesome too, event though the crowd consensus seemed negative. That show will always have a special place in my heart though. Watching Jon seem nervous over on the side of the stage, talking to the guy next to me about Coroner, just everything about that show was great.
    Not everything. Allerseelen was bad.

But other than that, it was magnificent.
    Not everything. Allerseelen was bad.

But other than that, it was magnificent.
    I liked 'em, but they were not a fit at all. It was hard to go from Allerseelen to Agalloch. That one dude had the weirdest stage presence I've ever seen though.