Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Your top 20 Albums of 2010 (or what makes up your list so far)

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I just never got around to it. :-??
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I just never got around to it. :-??
    That's why you can't rely on youtube. Also how can you judge an album by listening to it just once on youtube? The answer is you can't. >:p
    It wasn't a matter of finding it, it was a matter of not having time to listen to it. [-X
    Yeah but albums don't sink in as to how good or bad they really are, until about the 3rd or 4th listen, usually.
    Which is why I said I'm not sure about their placement yet. [-X
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Yeah but albums don't sink in as to how good or bad they really are, until about the 3rd or 4th listen, usually.
    for me it sometimes takes even like 10 to 15 listens
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I still think Agalloch should be included in 2011. I know it was released in 2010, but it was very late in the year and it should have more time to grow on you than one month.

Jay, you just listened to Agalloch now? What's wrong with you? [-X
    That's why people can make revisions
    But you already placed it. I can see it with my own eyes. [-(
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    This. The problem is I don't even have time to relisten to all those albums in full even 3-4 times. 32 albums? Too much to relisten 3-4 times...
    It could move up, it could move down. I'm tentative about moving it into the top three because I love those three albums so much, but Agalloch and Enslaved were really damn good....at least I bothered to go back and listen to them. =;
    It could move up, it could move down. I'm tentative about moving it into the top three because I love those three albums so much, but Agalloch and Enslaved were really damn good....at least I bothered to go back and listen to them. =;
    Enslaved is really good too, I agree. I still struggle with the thought that it took you this long to go back and listen to Agalloch and Enslaved tho when you give other inferior bands and albums mucho listens.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    This. The problem is I don't even have time to relisten to all those albums in full even 3-4 times. 32 albums? Too much to relisten 3-4 times...
    exactly thats why i usually let everyone else do the hard part and i will just listen to what everyone else already liked lol
    Enslaved is really good too, I agree. I still struggle with the thought that it took you this long to go back and listen to Agalloch and Enslaved tho when you give other inferior bands and albums mucho listens.
    2011 has been a better year than 2010.......
    1. Lawless Darkness - Watain
    2. The Final Frontier - Iron Maiden
    3. At The Edge of Time - Blind Guardian
    4. Marrow of the Spirit - Agalloch
    5. Kvelertak - Kvelertak
    6. Eparistera Daimones - Triptykon
    7. Encounter The Monolith - Martriden
    8. We're Here Because We're Here - Anathema
    9. Beacons - Cloudkicker
    10. Axioma Ethica Odini - Enslaved
    11. Écailles de Lune - Alcest
    12. The Suburbs - Arcade Fire
    13. Curse of the Red River - Barren Earth
    14. Heliocentric - The Ocean
    15. After - Ihsahn
    16. AB III - Alter Bridge
    17. The Evolution of Chaos - Heathen
    18. Bloodrust Scythe - Hellish Crossfire
    19. The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR - Orphaned Land
    20. The Frozen Tears of Angels - Rhapsody of Fire
    21. Nifelvind - Finntroll
    22. Stone Temple Pilots - Stone Temple Pilots
    23. The Seraphic Clockwork - Vanden Plas
    24. Diamond Eyes - Deftones
    25. Snakes For The Divine - High On Fire
    26. Jupiter - Atheist
    27. Slash - Slash
    28. Audio Secrecy - Stone Sour
    29. Something For The Rest of Us - Goo Goo Dolls
    30. Rekreatur - Equilibrium
    31. Exhibit B: The Human Condition - Exodus
    32. Ironbound - Overkill
    33. Population: Declining - Hail The Villain

Another edition.....pretty happy with this.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I have no glaring issues with that list, even though Écailles De Lune is still way low. I didn't rank Kvelertak, but it probably would have been in the top 20.
    Yeah, I usually place an album on my list after maybe 5 listens. I don't really stop listening to it after it places though, so I usually get anywhere from 8 to 15 listens per year of an album, usually more for really good albums. Agalloch definitely had enough time to prove itself as the best album of the year though.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    1. Agalloch - Marrow of the Spirit
    2. Intronaut - Valley of Smoke
    3. Alcest - Écailles de Lune
    4. Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones
    5. Enslaved - Axioma Ethica Odini
    6. Bison B.C. - Dark Ages
    7. Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier
    8. High on Fire - Snakes for the Divine
    9. Electric Wizard - Black Masses
    10. Periphery - Periphery

That was my Top 10 last year.
    edited June 2011
    I have no glaring issues with that list, even though Écailles De Lune is still way low. I didn't rank Kvelertak, but it probably would have been in the top 20.
    Alcest was around that rank on your list for a while, then it made a quantum leap near year's end lol.

I haven't revisited a lot of these albums because 2011 is kicking 2010's ass, but Kvelertak, Anathema, and Maiden get most of my attention from the list. I recently bought my physical copies of Kvelertak and We're Here Because We're Here too. :D
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    god dethroned is still my top spot.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Alcest was around that rank on your list for a while, then it made a quantum leap near year's end lol.

I haven't revisited a lot of these albums because 2011 is kicking 2010's ass, but Kvelertak, Anathema, and Maiden get most of my attention from the list. I recently bought my physical copies of Kvelertak and We're Here Because We're Here too. :D
    I was young and foolish back then and you know it.

Seriously though, fine list. 2011>2009>>>>2010, so far. 2009 was a bitchin' year for sure, but I think this year has so much more to be proud of.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Indeed. I'm having trouble keeping a top 50 for this year, and I know I'm leaving some albums out. Even worse, there are going to be plenty of albums coming that are going to be ranked very high and challenge for #1. I have no idea what my list is going to look like at the end of the year, but it's going to be fun weeding through all the awesome stuff.