Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Your top 20 Albums of 2010 (or what makes up your list so far)

Comments

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    DAMN YOU!!!!!!
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Anneke is fucking amazing. Extraordinary talent.

1. Cormorant - Metazoa
    2. Cobalt - Gin
    3. Mastodon - Crack the Skye
    4. Between the Buried and Me - The Great Misdirect
    5. Megadeth - Endgame
    6. Behemoth - Evangelion
    7. Kylesa - Static Tensions
    8. Nile - Those Whom the Gods Detest
    9. Giant Squid - The Icthyologist
    10. Revocation - Existence is Futile

If I redid a 2009 top 10.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited June 2010
    1. The Devil You Know - Heaven and Hell
    2. Hordes of Chaos - Kreator
    3. Crack The Skye - Mastodon
    4. Endgame - Megadeth
    5. Them Crooked Vultures - Them Crooked Vultures
    6. The Resistance - Muse
    7. Black Gives Way To Blue - Alice In Chains
    8. Sci-Fi Crimes - Chevelle
    9. Pray For Villains - Devildriver
    10. Shallow Life - Lacuna Coil

Pretty much the same as it was 6 months ago.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I agree with Erik. 2009 shits on 2010 so far. The following 7 pwn 2010 as a whole:

Kreator - Hordes of Chaos
    Napalm Death - Time Waits For No Slave
    The Red Chord - Fed Through The Teeth Machine
    Mastodon - Crack The Skye
    Between The Buried And Me - The Great Misdirect
    Heaven And Hell - The Devil You Know
    Alice In Chains - Black Gives Way To Blue

On top of these solid releases? No way is 2010 better.

Shadows Fall - Retribution
    Skeletonwitch - Breathing The Fire
    Megadeth - Endgame
    Warbringer - Waking Into Nightmares
    Vader- Necropolis
    Cannibal Corpse - Evisceration Plague
    Municipal Waste - Massive Agressive
    Chimaira - The Infection
    Devin Townsend - Ki
    God Dethroned - Passiondale
    Ex Deo - Romulus
    Goatwhore- Carving Out The Eyes Of God
    Behemoth - Evangelion
    Once again.....just because all the "big bands" came out with albums last year doesn't necessarily mean the music's better. It means you're not looking hard enough this year, which is unfortunate.
    No, thats not what it means. Using that logic, I would have had Slayer, Lamb of God, etc on my list. Im not Erik. I just think 2009 as a whole had better albums for each genre.

Grunge/hard rock? Black Gives Way To Blue shits on the new STP and Slash.
    Thrash? I admit Exibit B and Ironbound and excellent albums, but Hordes of Chaos is on par with The Formation of Damnation as the best thrash album of this decade.

I just think that 2009 gave me more albums that will interest me 5 years down the road. Not taking anything away from 2010, but there have only been a few albums worth noting in my eyes, compared to a shit ton in 2009. And I dont believe there has yet been a "masterpiece" in 2010 (using the term loosely folks) Deftones? No thanks. Slash? Ill pass? Finntroll? Not bad but its not what im looking for in my metals.

This is all based on opinion anyways. Btw this want attack on anyone or you jaycup I just disagree :D
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Barren Earth's album is better than every album on your second list; combined
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    barren earth is good stuff
    "Hordes of Chaos is on par with The Formation of Damnation as the best thrash album of this decade."

Hahahahahahaha. No.

Great album, but nowhere near the best thrash album of this decade. I'd say it's a close tie between Tempo Of The Damned and The Formation Of Damnation.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Hordes is better than any thrash album released this year. fact.
    “Barren Earth's album is better than every album on your second list; combined”

my 2nd list wasnt really the point though
    "Hordes is better than any thrash album released this year. fact."

.........and?
    if you read my original post, thats the whole point. 2009 beats 2010 in most genres imo
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    not in quality
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    not in crabcore
    imageimage
    You said it was on par with TFOD for the best thrash album OF THE DECADE. I said no, and then you said it's better than anything this year. Which means nothing whatsoever.
    Um yes it does if you were paying attdntion to the original arguement which you were obviously not. if you read the sentence from which my “thrash album of the decade“ comment came from, it was comparing it to 2010 thrash. so yeah id say that means something
    Yeah, Hordes of Chaos isn't THAT good. It is Kreator's best effort in a long time, however.

And Jake, I see your point. However, the albums you mentioned are all from well-known bands. MY point is, 2010 (so far, let's not forget we still have 6 months to go) has more quality than just from well-established bands like Exodus, STP, Deftones, and Finntroll, though they have all made good albums this year imo. Strat mentioned Barren Earth's new album. Wine's avatar is the album cover of Martriden's new album. Rhapsody of Fire, Hellish Crossfire, Heathen, The Ocean....all bands that have released high-quality albums this year. But because 2009 pumped out so many albums from a lot of popular bands, a lot of people, like Erik, think 2009 was better by a mile. I disagree, you just have to work harder to find these albums. Once you do, I believe that 2010 so far is nearly as rewarding.

Also take into account the fact that we still are waiting on Blind Guardian, Symphony X, possibly Control Denied, and, oh yeah, Iron Maiden.
    you guys act like im overexaggerrating by a mile. name 4 or 5 thrash albums from this decade other than formation that trumps hordes and ill admit im wrong