Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

ticketmaster scalps own tickets

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited March 2010
    the only thing with a big enough voice to do anything about it is the federal government and i seriously doubt they will.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Yeah, and we know they do a great job at that....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Personally I don't thinkthey gov't should have any hand in it. The people and business should do it and if they succeed, it would show the power of the people and that the government is really here for the people
    its possible although highly unlikely that the live nation - ticketmaster merger viloate some kinda anti-trust or monopoly laws. i wouln't hold my breath thou
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited March 2010
    "Personally I don't thinkthey gov't should have any hand in it. The people and business should do it and if they succeed, it would show the power of the people and that the government is really here for the people"

Fat chance. The government has forgotten its role and will continue to poke its nose into anything it wants. Case and point, the Obamacare bill.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    the greatness of a country is measure on how they treat their poorest citizens and our country fails miserably. over 35 million people can't get healthcare, that's a problem anyway you try to shake a stick at it
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Health care should be a privilege. And a benefit not just handed out to everyone. It's going to cause more problems then it's worth.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "the only thing with a big enough voice to do anything about it is the federal government and i seriously doubt they will."

No, the people do. We have the power to not buy the tickets.

"Fat chance. The government has forgotten its role and will continue to poke its nose into anything it wants. Case and point, the Obamacare bill."

You only say that because you're lucky enough to have health care.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    thats why i always go to the venue a band is playing at. i like to avoid these stupid ass charges at all cost. you go pick it up at the venue and they only charge you for a facility fee(which is like $3 at the most).
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    again I say.

TICKETBASTARD.
    Once again I say. Obamacare will cause more problems then it's worth.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    edited March 2010
    ^this
    it's going to cost companies money which obviously=more layoffs
    more layoffs is the opposite of what obama wants to do
    Problems list: GO
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    oh man, where to begin....
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    I'm going to step up and defend Obama, fire it at me.
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    This is really old news.
    Hell, even I could name a few, it's not that difficult. There are problems with it, but the pros outweigh the cons.
    Health care should be a privilege. And a benefit not just handed out to everyone.

you sir, are part of the problem
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    edited March 2010
    National Health Care seems to be doing quite well for Canada, they don't seem to have a problem at all, not sure what the difference is with America.
    Massive debt, not enough doctors, hospitals getting over run, going to take longer to get in in an emergency, the people in the end pay for all this meaning me and you, good short term
    plan bad long term. We have more problems in this country to deal with right now and putting the country further in the hole does not help one bit. I'm a democrat and I dot
    agree with this shit.

Here's an example of government ruining business. United states postal
    service. While they say they are not apart of goverent they get paid by the treasury giving governent some control. The united states postal service has been in debt the past couple years and by the end of this year it's expected to
    be 8-10 billion in the hole. Now look at other shipping companies that don't have govenment involvement fedex, ups, dhl. They are not suffering like usps.

If you think I'm part of the problem so be it. Talk to me down the road when it becomes very clear to everyone this was a bad idea.

Oo and Shane you shouldn't be bitching about healthcare with all the concerts you go to you can afford healthcare you just have to know when to sacrifice.