Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Recent items you've BOUGHT!!!!

Comments

• GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    edited October 2022
    Hey @Jobe_Wan_Kenobi since you didn't like the white on white at home.... how about the black on black at our bach... instead of working this afternoon I have been assembling flat pack outdoor furniture and it looks....goooooodd

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I dig it. 

White on white is just too institutional for me. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Takes you back to your psych ward days?
    Pretty much. 
    edited October 2022
    Jails, schools, hospitals, government offices, shitty apartments that steal your security deposit. They all have that same color scheme and depressing feeling. White, beige, or something else bland. 
    Post edited by Jobe_Wan_Kenobi on
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy

Copped thus bad Boi today. High five duo e rig.

It's 199 on kings pipes, and that's 100 off. Then you get another 20 off with promo code. So I got it for almost 50% off. 

Hype to try it out. I like the lookah seahorse, but it gets clogged too easily. 

So, can confirm its pretty legit, but it depends on what you are looking for. 

You can get a pretty deep hit off thus, but it's really smooth. It took me a few uses to figure out how to use a carb cap, and get it to hit right with lower Temps, but now that I did I enjoy it a lot. 

So it's set up to dab from 450-600 which is lower than most nails, but it actually vaporizers it because of that, and you are only getting the certain terpens from that temp range. If that makes sense. 

It's real smooth though. 
    About to cop a backpack leaf blower boii. 

Got a roomba too. 

I am officially not poor. 
    Holy shit. I got the 350 Husqvarna model on sale for 300 at lowes and holy shit that thing is an absolute beast. its like a new life.  
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Man anybody that has a big reef tank, talkin at least like 100 gallons or so, is straight up rich, ain’t no way around it. Part of the reason I kept it smaller (32 gallons) is cost efficiency, and even then it’s a constant big ass bill. In the past 3 weeks or so alone, I’ve spent $1.5K+ in corals, upgrading the circulation system, supplements, a dosing pump, test kits, etc., and since I’m now doing a lot of SPS corals which have the highest lighting demands, I’m upgrading my lights to top of the line and getting Radions which are $500 a pop, but due to spread I need 2, so between those and the mounting system, that will be another $1.3K or so. Granted they can last 5 or more years before I need to replace em, especially since they’re technically “overpowered” for my tank, so I can get away wit running em at only 30% or so, so you get your money’s worth in longevity, but it jus makes me think how if I had a big tank, I would need anywhere from 4-8 of these, and that cost alone would shoot up to $2K-$4K for only one element of the whole system, not to mention quadruple of everything else. Ain’t no fucking way lmao I will always stay at this size unless I’m at a point where I have SERIOUS money to straight up blow.
    Speak of the devil lmao. I’m done wit Black Friday already.

Crazy part is even at that price, I saved over $1,000 cause this shit never goes on sale. So I knocked it all out in one large purchase jus to get it the fuck out the way cause it woulda been a lot worse otherwise. Definition of buy once cry once cause I’m now completely done wit this shit and only costs moving forward will be maintenance. Even livestock is nearly finished because I only have a few spots left for coral wit their grown sizes in mind.
    What is all that? I see led fish tank lights and a big sticker price. What are we looking at?
    That doesn’t show the entire order but in total I got 2 of the lights, Radions are top of the line and the Ferrari of this shit basically. 2 is to cover the entire spread of the tank and make sure you don’t have shadowing. Then the PAR meter checks the PAR of the lights in different spots. PAR is basically the intensity they’re giving out. A PAR meter is not necessary and many go completely without them, but it eliminates a lot of guesswork and helps ensure long term success because A: You can check PAR when you first buy lights and check them say, monthly, so you know the exact point in time that they’re beginning to degrade so you know that it’s time to start looking into replacements. You can’t tell by the naked eye other than the fact that coral health will degrade along wit it. B: Different corals have different PAR requirements and will grow and thrive best in certain PAR ranges. So say you have a species that grows best in 100-150 PAR and you got a spot that reads 125, you would know that that area precisely is the best spot to place that individual coral. Again, eliminating the guesswork. This is especially useful for species wit the highest light demands like Acropora. Many of them need as high as 250-300+ PAR, so putting them near the top of the tank is a no brainer, but having a meter helps you also pick the OPTIMAL spot on top of that. Unfortunately they’re one of the individually most expensive pieces of equipment in reef tanks, which sucks due to how overall simple their function is, but at least they’re essentially a one time lifetime purchase and something that helps you create optimal conditions for all species in the tank and really dial shit in. 

And then the rest is a dosing pump because I’m gonna start autodosing calcium, alkalinity, and magnesium daily. Keeps the levels as stable as possible and again, creates optimal conditions for coral growth. And then a new DIY mesh lid because my current lid is an all in one plastic canopy lid that the current lights are screwed into, but it’s only for those specific lights, so I need to do a whole new lid, and I also needed the entire mounting system for the new lights, which includes 2 arms, a rail/track that connects the 2 arms, and then sliding brackets to hang the lights above the tank on the track. The mounting system alone was like an extra $300 smh.
    Cool, thanks for the write up. I’m familiar with PAR measurements for grow rooms and such. There is a lot of cross over skills between the two hobbies, both are essentially creating optimal conditions for things to grow. You should have a fish tank thread to document the progress of your tank. 
    I would but I would essentially be talking to myself and writing a personal diary due to the fact nobody else on here is into it lmao. I’ll tell you one thing tho, I’ve definitely found a gigantic passion in this shit. Obviously if I’m going the extra mile like this and spending this much. I could keep it simple and cheap and do fish only no corals. Even in saltwater, fish are stupid easy. There’s literally nothing to them compared to coral care lol you could get away wit a regular every day lightbulb over a fish only tank and even that would be only for human’s viewing sake, they don’t need any of the extra shit. But I say that to say, I’ve found myself even legitimately thinking about opening my own reef store one day or becoming a coral farm/vendor like the ones I order from. Obviously it’s something that so far has only been thoughts and ideas and hasn’t actually been moved towards yet, but it’s jus nice because it’s legitimately the only thing away from music that I’ve ever considered as far as a long term permanent career. Start up cost would be absolutely insane but that’s a whole different conversation for another day.
    What were yall Black Friday hauls, if any?

I’m pretty satisfied and got pretty much everything I was lookin out for. Got the aquarium shit I already mentioned which was obviously the big one, but also got a soundbar, a portable Bluetooth speaker, biggest bottle available of one of my favorite colognes, (YSL Y, they have a Black Friday sale every year so it’s the best time to buy it as pricey as it is.) the Backbone for my iPhone, and last thing I’m waiting on is this winter coat I want. Brand does a big Black Friday sale every year and I’m almost certain the specific one I want is about to drop so I’m waiting to pull the trigger lol. They did some early Black Friday deals but they didn’t do their full sale yet like a lotta other retailers did.
    I got an I robot roomba for like 280 marked down from either 500 or 600 i cant remeber. 

I also got a husqvarna backpack leaf blower for $300 marked down from $350. Not the greatest sale but a sale is a sale and this thing has changed my life. Our city just makes us blow the leaves to the road. Which is amazing because bagging is the worst part. 

Im also gonna pick up LOU part 1&2 and and the new Horizons game on the PS5 black friday mott. 

Still out there looking though. 
    seriously considering a kitchenaid mixer. they are on sale for 250, and are usually 500+ dollars. 
    well 449 i guess
    Best buy also has the samsung galaxy pro 2's on sale for 89.99. I love these things. Barely even feels like i have anything in my ear, and decent noise cancellation.