Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Recent items you've BOUGHT!!!!

Comments

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I would think being referred to as "it" would be more offensive than he/she. CB yh
    inb4lists
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Yeah that's the consensus

"They" is still grammatically incorrect
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I wouldnt be able to date a trans person though  
    Same. I like curvy, natural girls. That just can't happen with a tranny. To each their own though
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    In regards to the AILD issue. I kept saying for years that I'd still be willing to see them live, but what I didn't anticipate is that they'd actually have a show booked near me. I had every chance to buy a ticket but I just couldn't do it. Now the show is sold out and I'm honestly kinda bummed to see that happen, not because I want to see them, but because of how quick everyone is to forgive him. I will likely never see them again if I can help it. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    My thing with Tim is he is at least owning up to making fucked up decisions and being a piece of shit during that time.

A lot of artists I despise have shown no remorse and continued to do shitty things (Varg) but Tim seems to be remorseful and his bandmates seem to forgive him. If he does anything else to be a piece of shit, then yeah fuck him. But people can change. 
    Xeno said:
    Yeah that's the consensus

"They" is still grammatically incorrect
    In the recent words of my trans buddy, "Oh yeah, the term for those people is "gender fluid". But I just call them attention seekers".
    inb4lists
    In regards to the AILD issue. I kept saying for years that I'd still be willing to see them live, but what I didn't anticipate is that they'd actually have a show booked near me. I had every chance to buy a ticket but I just couldn't do it. Now the show is sold out and I'm honestly kinda bummed to see that happen, not because I want to see them, but because of how quick everyone is to forgive him. I will likely never see them again if I can help it. 
    My thing with Tim is he is at least owning up to making fucked up decisions and being a piece of shit during that time.

A lot of artists I despise have shown no remorse and continued to do shitty things (Varg) but Tim seems to be remorseful and his bandmates seem to forgive him. If he does anything else to be a piece of shit, then yeah fuck him. But people can change. 
    I don't get it because I was never much of a fan (Austrian Death Machine>>>>>) I honestly don't give a fuck if people like them or not. It just sticks out to me that Tim's return to open arms has kinda coincided with a lot of recent activity where bands are losing fest slots over sex accusations or stupid shit like quotes in the press or from the stage. Like...NOFX. I'm no fan of them either, but it's fucked up to me that they're losing gigs because Fat Mike said something stupid about country music fans. 
    Didnt Fat Mike make jokes about the vegas shooting survivors (it was a country concert) in the same lot/venue where it happened? Not that it personally effects me, but even I know that's a fucking dumb move to make lol
    inb4lists
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Dance With The Dead discography on bandcamp
    edited August 2018
    ... said:
    Didnt Fat Mike make jokes about the vegas shooting survivors (it was a country concert) in the same lot/venue where it happened? Not that it personally effects me, but even I know that's a fucking dumb move to make lol

Even if he did...he's Fat Mike. It's kinda his schtick to be the snotty wiseass. He's been saying shit like that for 25 years. Seeing people act surprised by it and then have NOFX booted off fests over what he said seemed dishonest

M.I.A. got booted as headliner from the British Afro-Punk fest because she criticized American black celebrities for not supporting Muslim rights

Opinions will kill a career fast 
    I'm not disagreeing with you about Mike, but yeah.  Look what happened to The Dickies. I'm honestly shocked GWAR weren't kicked off Warped after he made the Chester/Suicide joke. 
    inb4lists
    What happened to The Dickies is proof punk is dead af
    Aside from what the guy said, I'm curious to know if you know what exactly went down 
    inb4lists
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Ghost - Prequelle 
    Suicidal Tendencies - Get your fight on 

Both on vinyl for ~ $10 each.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Lots of stuff going on in this thread lol. 

On the fat mike issue yes he has always said dumb shit but that was one of those things where the timing and place is what fucked him. You can’t be saying that shit where it actually happened. A coworker of mine was at the show and all of the people that know NoFX and know Fat mike and how he acts thought that was crossing a line. Should they still be losing shows over it I don’t think so as I don’t feel it’s a career ending thing but in an overly sensitive time I see why it’s happening to them. 

In the same breath it is odd that so many have been quick to forgive Tim with how overly sensitive everyone is right now. 

I try not to look at everything so black and white now and try and see each situation for what it is. I wish an AILD show happened here so I could go but understand why some would have reservations. He served his Time owned up to what happened and no one ended up hurt. “Yeah but if he had hired a legit person not a cop” yeah but he didn’t and he served his time for that. I think even the first song they released the first lie is him admitting his wrongs. Anyway a big thing for me was actually that the band members were back with him. That tells me something is going on that we may not know about because a couple of them were/ are close with his ex wife and very spoken out about what Tim did. If they forgave him for all we know the ex wife may have at this point. I also believe half of his earnings go to her and the kids so they are benefitting from AILD getting back together. 

Im not going to try to argue to change someone’s mind on this. It’s just how I feel about it. If someone is uncomfortable with it I get it but I don’t feel the same. The only people that look dumb to me in this debate are the ones I see flat out calling him a murderer and that’s just because it’s not the correct term.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy

People can change but psychopaths cant. Its pretty borderline psychotic to try and have someone murdered. He’s probably weird as fuck but just better at hiding all of it now. 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    If someone is in an altered state of mind from drugs when they do these things do you feel that they are the same when they are sober? 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    Thats a good question

I don’t believe you can blame drugs for your actions. You still made those choices. you can say the drugs influenced you but i generally believe they just influence you do to do the things you only think about doing when you are sober. 
    I'd say anything I could to win my fans back over after getting out as well. Genuine or not. 
    inb4lists