Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Recent items you've BOUGHT!!!!

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I meant how can I convert my hard copy CD's that I've ripped to iTunes to 320?
    Either re-rip them or download them from someone who has.

Think of ripping a CD as taking a picture. Once you've taken the picture, you can't change how good it is, and you can't change how clear it is, no matter how good of a shot of Iron Maiden you got. But if you take it again with a better camera, you'll get a much better picture.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    So when ripping a cd sometimes it rips at a better or worse quality the next time?
    But when you say re-rip it to get better quality doesn't that mean if I rerip it I can possibly get it at 320?
    I am not any good with this stuff lol
    I'll walk you through this on iTunes, I have a CD I want to rip.

If you have the CD in your library already, a little window will pop up asking if you want to replace it with the tracks in your library. You want to, but press cancel, it hasn't been set to rip at 320 yet.

1. Press Import Settings on the lower right of the screen.
    2. The window that pops up, make sure it says MP3 Encoder, and press the setting button.
    3. Hit custom
    4. Change the Stereo Bit Rate to 320 KBPS and make sure the VBR encoding is off.
    5. Hit OK and Import Cd on the bottom right.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i am the music and computer geek for my friends and family. Anyone that has any issues with their MP3 player, or transferring music to and from their playing, has an IPOD and uses Itunes. I like being able to control what i do on a player i paid for, and be able to use the music i purchase on any player, with no restrictions. my brotherinlaw brought an Ipod to me a couple weeks ago because he traded cigarettes for it. The friggin thing was no recognizable on my PC, and would not let me remove or add songs. I installed itunes and tried, same problem. I guess the previous owner needs to get back into the Ipod and release some sort of security setting. total bullshit. As far as Itunes, i bought songs because i had free codes. i burned them onto a CD player and unistalled itunes. when i tried to listen to them again, wouldn't let me. I ended up having to rebuy those CD's. I hate itunes
    "be able to use the music i purchase on any player, with no restrictions"

You can.

"The friggin thing was no recognizable on my PC,"

Restore, like you should any new iPod.

"Anyone that has any issues with their MP3 player, or transferring music to and from their playing, has an IPOD and uses Itunes"

It's by far the most used player and mp3, so that shouldn't be surprising to you. I can guarantee you that any person with an iTunes problem either doesn't have the understanding necessary to operate it correctly or did something wrong themselves.
    Wine: so that will get my albums to be the best recording they are on the CD? thanks man. Now I have something to do until I leave for the death angel show =D
    i use an insignia player for my music and am extremely happy with it. I much rather use media player to transfer music, and rip CDs. i have had no issues with it. I also have an Archos 80G player that has all my music on it. a bit big and bulky, so i dont bring it with me everywhere. The Archos also uses media player and is very easy to trasnfer music to and from
  • AndysbackAndysback Posts: 2,228 just the tip
    media player and zune player are basically the same thing ive been around itunes for like 5 years i had it for my gf for two years putting music on her ipod for her i am very familiar with the program and hated it the entire time i used it
    "be able to use the music i purchase on any player, with no restrictions"

"You can."

Then what happened to the music i previously downloaded and why was the security made on the music files so nothing could be done with them?

"The friggin thing was no recognizable on my PC,"

"Restore, like you should any new iPod."

I checked a bunch of techie sites and coiuld not find info on how to fix that. only advice i found was to get the player to its original owner and have them do stuff to it

Besides the home sharing option on iTunes, how do you move songs from iPod to a different computer than the iPod normally syncs to? If we get a new computer soon I don't want to lose all my songs
    edited July 2010
    "Then what happened to the music i previously downloaded and why was the security made on the music files so nothing could be done with them?"

They took all drm off of iTunes music in mid-late 09.

"Besides the home sharing option on iTunes, how do you move songs from iPod to a different computer than the iPod normally syncs to? If we get a new computer soon I don't want to lose all my songs"

In my opinion, the biggest caveat to iTunes is the backup ability. Besides having a computer side by side then transferring them all at once, there's not really an easy way to do it. If you have a backup device, I'd use it, but the whole thing isn't easy. I have a backup hard drive, and haven't had to use it yet, but I have a feeling once I do, it'll be worth it.
    haha...they should have done it earlier. they lost a customer. i am content with my insignia player
    edited July 2010
    "Then what happened to the music i previously downloaded and why was the security made on the music files so nothing could be done with them?"

They took all drm off of iTunes music in mid-late 09.

"Besides the home sharing option on iTunes, how do you move songs from iPod to a different computer than the iPod normally syncs to? If we get a new computer soon I don't want to lose all my songs"

In my opinion, the biggest caveat to iTunes is the backup ability. Besides having a computer side by side then transferring them all at once, there's not really an easy way to do it. If you have a backup device, I'd use it, but the whole thing isn't easy. I have a backup hard drive, and haven't had to use it yet, but I have a feeling once I do, it'll be worth it.
    Well as far as that goes idk what to do. I backed up some of my music awhile back on a flash drive. Some of it was from iTunes and iTunes locks it's songs so you cant share it or whatever. I tried backing up some of my songs and the only way I could actually use the songs in any way was to leave the flash drive in the computer. Otherwise iTunes couldn't find the file (that exclamation point to the left of the song)
    Another question when it says 160 kbps (mono)/320 kbps (stereo) what does that mean?
    If you were listening to it in mono sound, which you won't, then it would be 160.
    what exactly is mono sound? sorry for all the questions. This is all just a new experience for me
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    mono would be like everything in one channel (the middle)
    Only one source of sound, unlike stereo where there are multiple.