Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

TBDM Review 3/16/10

BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited March 2010 in Off Topic
So...last night I went to see BDM at Reggie's Rock Club...

First off, venue was sold out and packed (with scenefags) so my friends and I had to buy VIP tix (costed $35...which is exactly what I had...) In the long run, I think it was better this way, but I'll get into that later

Hatesphere - Absolutely insane. They far surpassed my expectations and had me breaking my neck from the beginning. They sounded like a cross between Exodus and Pantera. Awesome.

Augury - Really cool. They sounded and played much better than when I saw them with Vader. This is probably because they had a full sized stage this time, but whatever. They had a new bassist that looked like Kevin Smith who, in my opinion, was much better than the one they had last year. The old guy seemed like a pompous douche, pretty much a real life Skwissgaar. After their set I high-fived the drummer.

Obscura - Sick as fuck. Everything was spot on and the singer's voice was crushing. They ended up using some of Augury's equipment and still sounded just like on the recording. I was 3 people away from the stage for them and was having an awesome time.

BDM - Spot on. The only thing I didn't like is the scene kids' lack of concert etiquette. I'm all for going crazy at a show and obviously people want to be close, and yes people up front will get squished, but they went overboard. People at least 10 people away from the stage had the brilliant idea that maybe if they push everyone in front of them together they would be front row. I was just wedged between the people around me. It was a pain in the ass, but I was dealing with it...until everyone starting falling to one side, at which time I said "fuck this" and went to the VIP area. I went into a doorway where the bands go onto the stage and went up stairs to have an awesome overhead side view of the stage, and it was cool as hell to watch Shannon Lucas up close from overhead. Their set was pretty much the same as the other dates, they opened with Funeral Thirst and closed with I Will Return(OHH YEAAAA!!!!). As soon as their set ended I went down the stairs and met them right as they went backstage. I met Ryan, Trevor and Shannon. Bart and Brian were packing up cords etc from the stage so I didn't get to meet them.

As we were leaving I met the singer/guitarist of Obscura and shook his hand at the merch stand. I felt bad not buying anything but I spent all of my money on the VIP.

All in all, great night. All of the bands were solid, and I'd definitely recommend you go to this when it comes to your town.
nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    FUCK. This makes me jealous, I was supposed to go. :/

And I agree with the Scene fags not having concert etiquette, I got absolutely crushed to the point of breathing problems for TDWP. There wasn't even any pits, just pushing very violently...........the whole set. >_>
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    exactly, there wasnt even a pit for bdm until trevor called for one...like on the 7th song
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • balanced_void91balanced_void91 Posts: 2,782 balls deep
    I almost went to this but was still in Ohio. damn!
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Maybe I'll make a run to Detroit for a home town show
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    It'll be epic.
    image Photobucket
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    i honestly didn't know BDM had a big scene following. hardly any scene kids at all at my show. it was fucking chaotic >:3
  • cannibiscorpsecannibiscorpse Posts: 5,577 salt miner
    Theres so many scene and emo kids that listen to TBDM here its fucking annoying
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    There weren't any scenesters at my BDM show.

I got rather lucky
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "I got absolutely crushed to the point of breathing problems for TDWP"

That's not improper etiquette, that's just being at a show. I feared for my life briefly during Slayer at Mayhem.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited March 2010
    Oh yeah, and some asshole was throwing his cds at Obscura and said he'd record them for free. I can understand one or two but he threw like fucking 5 on stage while they were taking down shit. The drummer finally noticed one and took it but whatever..they aren't gonna leave their label lol

I was rolling when he threw a couple at BDM and Brian just kicks one off stage.

The others were stepped on as well xD
    Lol, he's at the wrong show...
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    at the Red Chord show, the scene fags there for Mychildren mybride did this thing where they ran and tried to jump over people. thankfully i sat at the bar for 98% of their set, and i nearly got hit several times by windmillers (this was a bar about the size of a basement
  • destroyerofsensesdestroyerofsenses Posts: 483 salt miner
    "That's not improper etiquette, that's just being at a show. I feared for my life briefly during Slayer at Mayhem."

I felt the same way being up front for korn and mudvayne (probly the 2 most painful shows ive been to)

At mudvayne it got so bad that the barricade literally got pushed right up to the stage. I was standing there and all of the sudden i was moving forward. At first i seriously thought the barricade fell over and i was going to die lol.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited March 2010
    Being up front at any huge festivals is miserable. I'm talking about the shows where in between bands is worse than most other shows at their peak.
    image Photobucket
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Rock on the range during slipknot got pretty intense up front with the smashing. I mean it was only the largest crowd they had played for or some shit
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    "Being up front at any huge festivals is miserable. I'm talking about the shows where in between bands is worse than most other shows at their peak. "
    You're talking about shows like Download right? It's not as bad as people think it is.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    So true about Mudvayne, being anywhere near the stage during their set was pretty damn annoying.

Great review tho, I loved every band on this tour and hated every scene kid as well, haha.