Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

MEGADETH Ends Baltimore Show After Three Songs, Blames 'Piece-Of-S**t' P.A

MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
edited March 2010 in Off Topic
MEGADETH was forced to leave the stage three songs into its headlining set last night (Tuesday, March 16) at Rams Head Live in Baltimore, Maryland after the venue P.A. (the "Public Address" system that amplifies sound so more people can hear it) allegedly "took a shit" and prevented the band from continuing its performance.

What follows below is a BLABBERMOUTH.NET transcript of the TheLiveLine "audioblog" MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine left late last night decribing the circumstances that led the band to cut its set short.

"I'm calling right now from Baltimore. It's approximately 10 minutes to midnight, and unfortunately, our show turned into an absolute disaster tonight," Mustaine can be heard saying.

"We had problems with the P.A. from the beginning of the night.

"I went out on stage and I had said that the P.A. was a bit inferior to what we were used to using [see video below — Ed.], and after the P.A. completely took a shit, we went into the dressing room, waited another half hour to 45 minutes, used the house P.A. and went back out and started playing again. And some delirious asshole decided that it was a good idea to throw their beverage over the [mixing] console, thus ending the concert.

"So, to the good people of Baltimore, I'm sorry for us having to end your night early tonight, but I can tell you honestly right now that we will be back. It's not like we have better things to do tonight than perform for you. We love you, and we're very sorry about this situation. And hopefully next time we'll be able to play in like a gas station with a couple of generators and a P.A. that'll work. ['Cause] that piece of shit we played in tonight didnt."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=136853

Comments