Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Home repairs

Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
As requested, thread to mock my lack of time to get shit done and other things. It may not be needed but hopefully it keeps a fire lit under my ass. I took like a 7 year break on this project already lol. 

>bathroom basement
>building a sub floor 
>it sits on top of the concrete basement floor 
>plywood with a plastic bottom (allows air flow undneath it)
>cement board and self leveling compound over that 
>finished with cement patch to fix a few problem areas
>it has expansion room so it doesn’t crack as it heats up and cools down
>was gonna do tile but changed my mind to a resin pour floor

did the primer coat of epoxy resin (clear)
had to put on some spiked shoes and spread it around with a notched squeegee 
I’ve got some spots to fix but that’s easy 
next layer will be the metallic pigment 

Tried to time it out so I could do the metallic colors but it took a few hours longer to cure than the directions said it was going to. By then I had to get to a soccer game then it was off to work. It’s the step I’m most excited for other than the second bathroom actually being usable. 
Pass the god damn butter.

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker

Going for something in this ballpark. Different colors, different patterns, but close enough to give an idea. Never done it before though so who knows how its gonna end up. 
    Forgot I started this thread. Update time. 

Resin floor color came out kinda muddled together. Lots of depth and sparkle to it that the camera doesn’t really pick up. First resin pour, learned a lot in the process. 

Drywall hung, mudded, sanded, primed. I fucking hate doing drywall. 

Painted, sink and toilet installed. Plumbed and functional!
    edited August 2023

Outlet and junction boxes added. 

Wiring still in progress. 
    More fucking drywall and paint. Outside bathroom walls into the laundry area. 

Had a few sheets of drywall left over so I did the wall behind the freezer as well. Man I fucking hate doing drywall. 

Laundry shelf up in the background. Wasn’t kidding about that last weekend lol. The laundry area has been chaos the entire time I’ve been on the bathroom project. That’s the next area of focus. I spent this weekend building the platform for the washer and dryer. It’s basically built, but I still have to trim it out and paint it before installing it. I didn’t get any pics yet. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    i need to get on fisnishing my basement lol. 

1/2 the problem is ive now moved all my stuff in there lol. Im planning on getting some egress windows put in down there in the spring, and i want to sand the drywall, and knock a wall down, then do something similar with the floors. 

I could really add a lot of space to my house by fixing up the basement. 
    That literally half the damn struggle is working around all the shit already in the basement. Pulling everything out of the bathroom space that had built up in there over 10 years jammed everywhere else full to burst, so the laundry area has been a disaster and all the baskets reappear every time I turn around and any available flat surface was a table for folding laundry. It’s like working in a slide puzzle. 10 pieces to kove before you can get to the next square lol. Starting to round the corner with that though. Once the laundry machines are lifted on the pedestal almost 1/4 of the basement will be open space. I may even have space for a gym again. 
    Laundry pedestal in progress 

Laundry pedestal painted, trimmed out and installed. 

Redid the trim around the door with pvc boards that don’t ever need to be repainted. 

I’ll probably fill that little gap between the trim and J-channel with some white silicone tomorrow. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    we discovered some wood in our bathroom that just wasn't painted right, so we have now painted the whole upstairs bathroom and cabinet. 

I think im actually going to start working on the basement this weekend. The walls need a good sanding before painting, and then i want to paint the floor.