Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Gun control

2»

Comments

• Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I never put the drum on it anymore. Blowing through 75 rounds in 20-30 seconds is fun but that's how it gets really expensive. 
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Funny enough if we’re talking going out and target shooting for fun, I don’t even want a gun, I want to learn a crossbow. 🤔
    I’m kinda interested in compound bow deer hunting. I feel it would be pretty badass catching a deer with a bow... how you’d have to get super close with spooking them and then you gotta be accurate enough to drop them. If I ever tried it I’m sure the experience would be a whole lot like walking around the Forrest and shooting my arrows at bushes 
    That's fuckin sick. I almost never shoot my AR anymore. I usually take my brother's since he left his guns with me cuz he's stationed in Japan til 2022.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy

That said, I would never own a gun myself. 
    Why? Would you go shoot one at a range? 
    I don't like in an area where I need one for protection, so I'd rather not even have one where an accident can occur. 

And I've never been the shooting range, so it's not really something I'm interested in. Would rather spend my time/money on games and music, than guns and shooting. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Funny enough if we’re talking going out and target shooting for fun, I don’t even want a gun, I want to learn a crossbow. 🤔
    I’m kinda interested in compound bow deer hunting. I feel it would be pretty badass catching a deer with a bow... how you’d have to get super close with spooking them and then you gotta be accurate enough to drop them. If I ever tried it I’m sure the experience would be a whole lot like walking around the Forrest and shooting my arrows at bushes 
    Bow hunting is fun but it's a lot of work. But also a lot of sitting around doing jack shit.

I got pretty good with a bow even won a few competitions when i was in my teens but its been like 8 years since I've even touched a bow and about 12 years since I've been hunting 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Guns are cool but we got a lot of crazy people running around that cause trouble with them. I think controlling people’s mental health and Gigi g them access to the services they need is more important than controlling their guns. Gun control laws have done fuck all for Chicago. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    That's fuckin sick. I almost never shoot my AR anymore. I usually take my brother's since he left his guns with me cuz he's stationed in Japan til 2022.
    Thanks. Barrett Rec-7. Trying to decide what pistol I want when I get my permit. I’ll probably shoot whatever I buy exclusively since 9mm is cheap. Looking at your gloc17 but not sold yet 
    Guns are cool but we got a lot of crazy people running around that cause trouble with them. I think controlling people’s mental health and Gigi g them access to the services they need is more important than controlling their guns. Gun control laws have done fuck all for Chicago. 
    Yeah nice thing about lengthy permit processes is someone with unstable mental health probably won’t bother. Other then that I don’t know how you keep guns out of people with issues 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    They will have to take my guns from my cold dead hands

Thanks. Barrett Rec-7. Trying to decide what pistol I want when I get my permit. I’ll probably shoot whatever I buy exclusively since 9mm is cheap. Looking at your gloc17 but not sold yet 
    The 17 is really nice but way too big to carry. I know a lot of people who have the 19 but even that's a little too big for me. I carry a Walther PPS m2. Really nice single stack 9mm and I can wear it really comfortably. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    The fucked up thing is the NRA's policy on considering any gun legislation an infringement is causing people that just want common sense gun laws to support legislators who would attempt a total gun ban down the line.

I've only ever fired an AR15 at a backwoods range with my cousin when I was in middle school. I think it was right after he got back from his first tour in Afghanistan in the mountain division.

I'm interested in owning a couple myself when I'm financially stable. Haven't really looked into Connecticut laws since that's where I'll be moving later this year.
    this thing that kinda bugs me about the gun control debate is when someone pro-gun tries to argue they need guns for hunting which the constitution allows. Or when someone anti-guns makes the comment “no one needs military style weapons for hunting or personal defense”. Both people don’t get it. No, "The 2nd Amendment” was never about hunting or putting any limits on what we the people could own. 

The founders literally just got done fighting a war against an authoritarian government using primarily civilian owned arms. The Battles of Lexington and Concord were literally started when the Redcoats tried to take a weapons cache. The Federalist Papers are abundantly clear about why the 2nd Amendment was put in place. And it's not hunting or sport shooting. it was for keeping an out of control government in check. 

I’m convinced the founding fathers would have been okay with civilians owning rocket launchers or cannons. Makes an out of control, authoritarian government think twice.