Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Haunting of Hill House (Spoilers)

FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
edited October 2018 in Debate & Discourse
Anyone watch this on Netflix? Just watched episode 1 and it was pretty good. Reminds me of The Conjuring. 
Post edited by FIRENATHANIELHACKETT on

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    The casting in this show was absolutely brilliant. I actually really loved the show as a whole, not just as a haunted house story. My favorite ghost is probably Mr. Hill. Damn creepy ass mf
    imageimage
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    It gets a little dicey at the end, but I really liked it. I finished the last episode Wednesday 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Finished episode 4. Calling it now: the whole family is fucking nuts. The Haunting isnt real. The mom is schizo or something similar and went crazy and killed herself/got killed somehow. This caused trauma among the children and they blamed the haunted house for everything. All the shit they see is just childhood imagination re enforced by the trauma. Steve was the only one not to see his mom's dead body or whatever which is why he doesnt believe in ghosts
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Only episode 4? Damn, it gets so much better passed that. At least imo it did
    imageimage
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Finished this last week. Thought the ending and last episode as a whole was meh. But a good show overall. 

I wish they weren't so on the nose with the whole "is it real or mental illness" thing. I liked it better the first few episodes when it wasn't as obvious.