Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

From Those Fishes.

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    edited February 2020
    Bassist is officially out as of yesterday. He isn't taking it well if his Facebook interactions are anything to go by it. Oh well. 

We already have a fill in. He's already learned the material for next week's show. Public announcement to follow after the show on the 28th. Gotta keep truckin on. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Did he get any warnings or was this out of the blue for him? Was he one of the guys you work with too?
    Pass the god damn butter.
    edited February 2020
    Did he get any warnings or was this out of the blue for him? Was he one of the guys you work with too?
    We had numerous talks with him the last two years about his interest level, attitude, and showing up/on time and learning songs. We had a big discussion last week before Gost about how he needs to start coming to practices and learning new songs (this is after we scheduled a morning practice specifically because he said he could do it, and then he blew us off). He got really mad last week, and told my other guitarist he'd quitting after the 28th. Then he was late to the Gost show, didnt say a word to me or my drummer the whole time, and then didnt show up to practice the next week. 

Thats when we messaged him and said "dont even bother with the 28th, we got a fill in". And now he's being a total dick child about it.

So this shouldnt be a blindside to him at all. Especially since he said he was quitting and never seemed interested. Dude never even shares about us on social media, never sells tickets or brings people to shows, never promotes us. So it really shouldnt have surprised him we had the talk either. 

But oh well. 

Luckily I dont work with him. 
    The weird thing is
    A. Learning songs, coming to practice, and promoting your band is like the minimum amount of effort required to be in a band. Like thats all a no brainer, and you should want to do that being in a band.

And B. I cant understand why he got so mad about it in the first place. Simply talking to him about showing up and practicing more really isnt anything to get this mad at, but he blocked our band chat, refused to talk to me in person, and removed me on Facebook. Its really irrational. 
    Justified or not, at this point no doubt his feeling are hurt and you guys will get the ex gf treatment from him. Rational thinking doesn’t come into play once emotions get stirred up. He’s your Dave Mustaine now. It will probably always be a sore spot with him from now on. 

Shitty situation, but hopefully the band comes out the other side even stronger now. 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Fuck him don’t feel bad if dude can’t be bothered to follow simple rules he can’t be in the band. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yeah if you cant show up and learn the songs get fuk’td
    That's how I feel about it. Im just amazed at how angry he is over something as simple as asking him to come to practices more, and something HE QUIT lol 
    Think he will still sign my cassette?
    Think he will still sign my cassette?
    He might not lol. 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It'd be worth more signed by original members
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    What’s his name so I can message him about getting him to sign the cassettes jobe and I have? 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    yeah, you aren’t the asshole here. You told him exactly what you needed from him (showing up to practices) and he continued to blow you off. This is on him. It is weird though he is all butthurt over something he was going to quit anyways. Hopefully your new member has commitment to the band 
    Current guy is a fill-in. Actually my bassist from The Draconian Crusade days. He's starting a new job, so he doesn't know how open his schedule is, so he's just doing a couple shows/recordings we had planned already. But at least he was open and honest about that. 

So following the 28th we'll be on the look for a new long-term guy. Also maybe a keyboardist. 
    Four brand new songs tonight

I’m here to apply to be the new bass player. 
    One thing though, I don’t actually own a bass anymore. 
    And I can’t play. 
    I work nights and weekends 
    Also, Im gonna sing. 
    I can’t make practice. 
    Can we change the sound? No? Ok that’s fine. 
    You really like that name though? Nah, it’s cool. You’re right. 
    You covering for lunch? I’m busted right now. Thanks bro. 
    Am I in?
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Wait ..... what .... you work weekends again now?! 
    Pussy.
    Did the staunch office lady beat your ass?
    They stopped looking at the first half and picked up on the second half of “Not doing it for what your paying me”

It’s worth it now. 

How’s the new Hobbit Business been?