Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

From Those Fishes.

Comments

• Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    ... said:
    Goddamn he's worse than the scenecore kids from the later 2000's
    nothing worse than u a metalcore/deathcore fhag runnin himz mouphfha about other fhagz

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    We cracked 1000
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    January 27 - @ Reggies 
    February 5 - @ Bourbon
    March 21 -  @ 88.3 WZRD Radio
    March 27 - @ Elbo Room
    October 29 -  @ Metal Experience Podcast

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Lol you can hardly see your logi
    inb4lists
    I know lol 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    edited January 2019
    And you have a white font version of your logo one post above it too. :|
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I know. I didnt make the flyer :| 
    We did make this one though

If y'all could vote for us to play this, that would be much appreciated

https://m.facebook.com/questions.php?question_id=2256627247996428
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Way to do it not through Facebook? I don't have one 
    Dime said:
    Way to do it not through Facebook? I don't have one 
    Not that I know of :/ 
    edited January 2019
    I really just want to beat that Station 6 band to make a point to someone. So if y'all could share it, I would like that. Thanks
    "Hey everyone, Aaron here. Big post coming in, but its important, so please read!

Today is a very special day for us. Today marks the one-year anniversary of From Those Ashes as a completed band. For over a year Omar and myself had worked on trying to get this band going. We were having a hard time finding members, and were honestly considering attempting this as a two piece. I happened to find Jose looking for a band in a local musicians Facebook group, and when he came to a practice to try out, me and Omar knew he was an immediate fit. Jose then said he had a friend who played bass, and the next week Cam came to a practice, and once again Omar and I knew Cam would be a perfect fit for this band.

Over the course of this past year, we put in some real work into this band. So much time, and effort, and money. Literal sweat. And we accomplished so much. In just a year, we've established From Those Ashes as a band and brand. We released a cassette, a CD, we got on Spotify and iTunes and all other digital distribution platforms. We played a handful of shows and made some really cool friends. We have legitimate t-shirts and other merch with legitimate art. We are even at almost 1500 likes on Facebook! And so far, we've done most of the work internally, our artwork, our recordings - reaching out to some services like Modest Merch and CD Baby for help along the way.

And it's really all thanks to the continued support of all of you that this is happening. Every like on Instagram, every CD purchased, every stream on Spotify, every share on Facebook - It all means so much to us. We're amazed at the support we've gotten from all of you, and humbled by the kind words we have received, and we appreciate it all so much!

We're going to continue to push a better sense of community in the Chicago music scene as well. We've met and played with so many great and talented bands, and we'd love to keep building friendships as we continue to play out. We'll continue to share and promote Chicago music the best we can, and build a stronger scene without all the drama and cliquey-ness.

And as a token of appreciation to all of you, and as a little one-year celebration, we'll be having a sale on Bandcamp, as well as giving some download codes (check the comments for the download codes). For the next 24 hours every CD or shirt purchase off of our Bandcamp store, we'll also include a sticker set and cassette copy of "DAWN TO DUSK" for free. This sale will also be valid at our show next weekend at The Native Howl / Speedfreak / From Those Ashes at Reggies. It's not much, but its a way we can say thank you to all of you!

We have a busy year approaching us already. With shows planned out until March already, podcast events, and appearances on the radio. We're hard at work on our next EP "DAWN ASCENDING" as well! Songs for that are almost done being written, and we're hoping to record and get it out sometime in the spring. It will be the final part of the "Dusk and Dawn" trilogy.

I'm incredibly proud of what my band mates and I have achieved this year. I know we'll continue to do great things, and I hope you all stick around for them!

Big thanks,
    Aaron Pokoj, From Those Ashes
    https://fromthoseashes.bandcamp.com/merch"

Thanks for the support everyone on here! Its been a good year. 

• Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    is there my balls to be licked

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

edited January 2019
    Looks like the poll is gonna be decided soon. That band I didnt want to win, is gonna win (which nothing against the band, I have issue with a member of the scene they suck dick to, and he's the reason they won) :/ The circle jerk cliche here in the scene has too much pull. But its ok. We made it to the top 10. Thanks all for voting <3 
    PLAYING WITH THE NATIVE HOWL TONIGHT!

Im fucking sick though. I hope my voice holds out. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Start the pit 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Pay me 60 bucks for gas and I’ll come right now and start it.