Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Dime said:
    Have yet to see it. The red haired chick is like unfairly hot and thats the main draw for me atm. 
    Favorite part of the movie tbh. 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah I gotta say I wasntw really interested at all until I saw her and she's legitimately hot enough for me to go see that movie.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Fuck y'all Aquaman was amazining. Best DC movie IMO
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    WW >

Wet Thor needs an editor.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    If that was your definition of amazing then you have low standards
    WW >

I loved Wonder Woman, but they botched the final fight imo. Aquaman was every bit as good as WW with an ending battle and fight that was worth the build up. 

You like Homecoming, fuck do you know?
    Visually, it looked great, but then story telling was a mess. They didn't develop Atlantis as a society as well as WW did with the Amazonians (or Black Panther with Wakanda, the 5 tribes and the vibranium tech) it's just DC CGI everywhere. There are shark people and seahorse people and brine people at the end but none of it mattered. There's a throne and threats of war and not much else was explained or shown of Atlantis. But it was pretty to look at.
    I have to disagree with that one. I thought they did a good job introducing the different factions without going overboard with explanation. I liked that they didn't treat it like an origin movie. Plus scenes like the initial meeting where the submarine showed up, and the fight between Aquaman and Ocean Master in the tournament showed that culture. 

Not to mention everything with Black Manta was bad ass too.
    Bad ass.

Funny way to spell pointless.
    So they have these cultures that look different. OK. They all have armies. OK. What about them? Looks cool but where is the story telling? Nope. That's it. No development, no depth. No growth of any kind. They may as well all have been Atlantians. Arthur became king because his brother was a dick and other people told him he should do it. No personal growth. He hates the Atlantis joint because they killed his mom... followed by every character saying she was "sacrificed to the trench" leading to the not-at-all-surprising grand reveal of her being -gasp- still alive an hour later) Black Manta was pointless as a character. Looked great, but that whole side plot went nowhere. Why is an underwater diving pirate trying to alter advanced tech from an underwater civilization anyway? 20 minutes in a movie that's otherwise about 2 bros, one who can talk to fish (in the beginning and the end, but never in the middle when it would be useful), battling for a throne for the other 100 minutes of the movie. Except for 10 minutes when he went to the desert and randomly fell into a hole in the sand. And something dumb about looking through a bottle and some statues. Also a magic trident, but not the one he has already, or the magic one from the last movie that stopped the flow of water. Also, nothing about mother box, or the rest of the JL, or anything else of note in the DCU.

What a mess.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Amber Heard looked sexy af as mera.
    WW >

I loved Wonder Woman, but they botched the final fight imo. Aquaman was every bit as good as WW with an ending battle and fight that was worth the build up. 

Homecoming > Aquaman. At least Homecoming had some fucking direction. 
    WW >

Homecoming had direction? Fooled me. Seemed like they wanted to make Iron Man 4, and then changed their mind to do a Miles Morales Spider-Man movie, and then last minute threw in Peter. 
    Peter should have modded the Stark suit to Big Head Mode and spray painted it black.
    Peter should have modded the Stark suit to Big Head Mode and spray painted it black.
    Wait for Far From Home, im sure he'll get a big head tech suit from someone else instead of being the boots-to-ground DIY Spider-Man he should be 
    WW >

Homecoming had direction? Fooled me. Seemed like they wanted to make Iron Man 4, and then changed their mind to do a Miles Morales Spider-Man movie, and then last minute threw in Peter. 
    It would seem like that if you're absolutely fucking retarded
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Wait for Far From Home, im sure he'll get a big head tech suit from someone else instead of being the boots-to-ground DIY Spider-Man I want him to be

inb4lists
    ... said:
    Wait for Far From Home, im sure he'll get a big head tech suit from someone else instead of being the boots-to-ground DIY Spider-Man I want him to be

Thats how Spider-Man is intended to be written. Its how his character works best. Nobody liked Dan Slott's run on Spider-Man because he didnt understand that, and tried turning him into Iron Man. Apparently Fiege doesnt understand that either, and just thinks "he's young, thats what the people want". 

It just sucks.