Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Kinda pissed at my local theater right now. My nephew got a sweet Infinity War poster with his ticket purchase (his dad got it through fandango) but my place doesn't offer any deals like that. No collectable movie posters for me.
    Order your tickets through fandango. They ship the poster to you. For Infinity War you got to choose one of 5 designs. I picked this one

Just to piggyback on this conversation, and it may be old news to some, but it was new to me, but I just signed up for the Disney movie rewards program (free) 

I've been missing out on free shit.

There are codes inside the Disney DVD and Blu-ray movies you can redeem for points. These points you trade for free shit like posters and stuff. Nothing groundbreaking but I never looked into it before. I already had a ton of points sitting on my movie shelf. You also can redeem codes on the movie tickets for points as well, but I haven't yet tried (fandango double dip for some) Anybody watching the movies or buying them should look into it if your not onboard already.

Or just send me the codes if your not going to bother with it.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Just did my Solo tickets. They give you a code number, you write that number on all the tix, then take a pic and submit it. Pretty easy.
    Jamie Foxx is Spawn?

What say MU?

#SpawnMovie
    While the movie will be titled after Spawn, he won't always be the character featured on the screen. In this take on the character, Spawn will be the kind of character that lurks in the shadows, only appearing from time to time in order to capitalize on his terror. 

The scariest movies, from Jaws to John Carpenter’s The Thing, or The Grudgeand The Ring, the boogeyman doesn’t talk,” McFarlane told Deadline, acknowledging that he’s gotten odd stares from studio suits in the past on this approach. “It confuses people because of the comic book industry, and because they all default into their Captain America mindset and I keep saying, no, get into John Carpenter’s mindset or Hitchcock. This is not a man in a rubber suit, it’s not a hero that’s going to come and save the damsel. It’s none of that. At the end of the movie, I’m hoping that the audience will say either, is this a ghost that turns into a man, or is it a man that turns into a ghost? I’ve got a trilogy in mind here, and I’m not inclined in this first movie to do an origin story. I’m mentally exhausted from origin stories. Luckily, there’s a movie that just came out that helps my cause. In A Quiet Place, the first thing on screen is a card in black and white letters that says Day 89. It doesn’t care about what happened in those first 88 days. There are a couple headlines, but then we are on day 450. That movie doesn’t worry about explaining and giving all the answers. What it said in that case was, if you can hang on for a story of survival of this family, this movie will make complete sense for you.”

McFarlane went on to explain that he chose Foxx to play the character because he's seen the actor perform well when there haven't been a ton of lines to read.

There are five or six moments where I’m going to need things from my actors, and a couple of them have to come from Jamie, and I’ve seen him deliver them onscreen,” McFarlane said. “He gets into a zone, with body language and a look that basically will say way more than anything i could type on a piece of paper, and this movie is going to need those moments. And in the odd moment where he has to deliver a line that’s short, curt and has impact, he can do it in a way that makes you go, ‘whoa, I don’t want to mess with that guy. What a badass.'”

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    It'll probably be mediocre but I'm a huge gigantic Todd Mcfarlane fanboy so i will see it in theaters and support it. 
    https://youtu.be/pvKbRIuWFio

I've already posted this but I'll post again. McFarlane is the realest dude in comics. One of my favorite interviews ever. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    You ever see the Image documentary?

Liefeld is fucking hilarious
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I like what I'm hearing so far...

Written and directed by TM
    Fuck an origin story 
    Less is more approach to suspense
    I'm hoping with Foxx on board means they have a decent budget to work with
    DC gonna DC

http://comicbook.com/dc/amp/2018/06/05/joker-standalone-movie-dceu-jared-leto/ 

That last paragraph may as well read "But wait there's more..."

For fans, this Joker movie will be an interesting one to watch, but it isn’t the only one they need to keep an eye on. After all, there is another Joker feature in the works at Warner Bros. Last year, the company said it was developing an origin movie about the Clown Prince of Crime with Todd Phillips, but that film will not be associated with the DCEU. Instead, Warner Bros. said the picture will kick off a new banner of DC films that is separate from a shared cinematic universe.
    What the fuck are they thinking? 
    edited June 2018
    It's like they heard Solo was the movie no one wanted and they said "hold the green titty milk, we can do it better"
    Post edited by Jobe_Wan_Kenobi on
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Jared Leto is an abomination as Joker
    "One should be an origins story" - Somebody at DC, probably.
    Last year, the company said it was developing an origin movie about the Clown Prince of Crime with Todd Phillips, but that film will not be associated with the DCEU. Instead, Warner Bros. said the picture will kick off a new banner of DC films that is separate from a shared cinematic universe.

edited June 2018
    Fuck me I was right.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/joaquin-phoenix-the-joker-origin-movie-todd-phillips-1202692188/

"Scott Silver will join Phillips as a co-writer on the film, which will delve into what it took for the Joker to become a mastermind criminal. Sources say the story will take place in the ’80s and have more of the look of a gritty crime drama than comic-book movie."

It's the reverse of Marvel taking back Spider-Man because Sony's version was butt. Current DCverse is hot garbage. Fuck it. This way they don't have to address any of it. Swerve the whole mess and Make Gotham Great Again.
    https://youtu.be/g4Hbz2jLxvQ

In other news this looks fucking awesome
    It looks good but Spider Gwen [-(
    Thor Ragnorak is on Netflix