Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Ultimate MDF thread

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Really? No Portal pics?
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    SATAN said:
    Really? No Portal pics?

inb4lists
    The only portal,pic i have, it sucks

inb4lists
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    FaceFuck - If you could pick one band to watch again from MDF15... What band would that be?
    Probably Agoraphobic Nosebleed
    inb4lists
    Top 10 performances that I saw at MDf (Yes a list, givezafuk) This is BEST performances, not my 10 favorite bands. 

1)Agoraphobic Nosebleed
    2)Inter Arma
    3)Napalm Death
    4)Suffocation
    5)Amorphis 
    6)Bloodbath
    7)Skinless 
    8)Solstice 
    9)Neurosis
    10)Primitive Man
    inb4lists
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    No Portal or Anaal Nathrakh :-?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Keep in mind there were no bad performances all weekend, almost every single band blew me away. AA, Portal, Full Of Hell, Yob and Goatsnake were fucking dope too 
    inb4lists
    Bobby. said:
    Top 10 performances that I saw at MDf (Yes a list, givezafuk) This is BEST performances, not my 10 favorite bands. 

1)Agoraphobic Nosebleed
    2)Inter Arma
    3)Napalm Death
    4)Suffocation
    5)Amorphis 
    6)Bloodbath
    7)Skinless 
    8)Solstice 
    9)Neurosis
    10)Primitive Man
    your list sickens me. Bloodbath was so much greater than Suffocation. Suffocation is a lot like Hatebreed in that they put on a entertaining show and is always fun to watch them.... But they tour so often there isn't much to really was special about it. Is it awesome they played the event? hell yes. But you are going to rank them 4th???? psssshhh... get out of here with that bullshit. Your list should have looked like

1. Bloodbath
    2. Portal
    3. Anaal Nathrakh
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Just because a band tours less then another band doesn't automatically make them better
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    everybody has said anb was the best but the first time ever factor plays in there hard

anb rule and I dont doubt that their live show was like pig destroyer and possibly better, but I think that was probably 25 hype 75 performance
    I love winning with women
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Just because a band tours less then another band doesn't automatically make them better
    It doesn't automatically make it better but it does pay a significant factor in how special the performance was. And how special the performance was is a huge piece to how you will feel about that show.

Why was THIS suffocation performance better than the other 14 times I've seen them in concert? Answer- it wasn't. Same shit, different day. No doubt it was good, but how exactly am I going to super hype up their performance when it was literally on par with every other time I've seen them. There was nothing special about it.

Bloodbath on the other hand was 15 years of me dying to see this band. 15 years of being very into their tunes, and dying to see them perform, But they rarely perform and never perform in the US. Then they finally make it. Everyone in the crowd is screaming every lyric. They come out on the stage all gored up. They play Eaten, Cry My Name, Mock the Cross, So you Die, Let the stillborn come to me........ The guitar playing was on point, Nick tore it up on the mic. Flawless performance and everything I'd hope it would be for 15 years.

I can think of only one reason why FaceFuck would list Suffocation ahead of Bloodbath. Fag status confirmed.
    This bloodbath performance to me was on the same level as the At The Gates 2007 reunion tour. That was another band who broke up in 1994 and I religiously listened to this band. Then they do this 10 date US tour in 2007 and I'm there.... sold out venue. People were literally offering to pay 200 dollars for anyone's 50 dollar ticket. The show? amazing. guitars, vocals \m/ Everyone in that crowd knew every lyric to every song played.  It was a show with 15 years of longing and when it finally happened....? Fuck YES! Best show ever.

So how could Bloodbath have been better? well for starters Mikael Akerfeldt could have have been on vocals instead of Nick Holmes. And I don't say that because I think Nick did poorly.... I actually think Nick is probably a better replacement at vocals over Peter Tagtgren (I know ill be crucified for saying that... but I am saying it because that's what I think). But still I'll always associate bloodbath with Mikael, so I'd had much rather seen him be at vocals over Nick.  Other then that... Awesome.  fantastic show.

I don't think Brittanie went to MDF. She has bright red hair currently though
    forgot to mention that yeah I didn't see her if she has bright red hair. I did see someone else who reminded me of her that didnt have bright red hair =))
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    I actully like Nightmares Made Flesh best. But Mikael still comes to mind when people bring up Bloodbath.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Wake, you're also a tad bit biased, i think. I actually enjoy bloodbath's music more than Suffocation's, but they just flat outperformed. And don't get me wrong, Bloodbath were fucking killer, i.couldn't feel my neck after their set. But stikl. Every band i watched were dope, including Mobb Deep. 
    inb4lists
    Btw off topic and i could be wrong, but i think i was behind Bianca during @Amorphis. I've only seen s couple pictures befoe, but i had to look twice, but still wasn't sure. 
    inb4lists
    Bobby. said:

1)Agoraphobic Nosebleed
    2)Inter Arma
    3)Napalm Death
    4)Suffocation
    5)Amorphis 
    6)Bloodbath
    7)Skinless 
    8)Solstice 
    9)Neurosis
    10)Primitive Man
    your list sickens me. Bloodbath was so much greater than Suffocation. Suffocation is a lot like Hatebreed in that they put on a entertaining show and is always fun to watch them.... But they tour so often there isn't much to really was special about it. Is it awesome they played the event? hell yes. But you are going to rank them 4th???? psssshhh... get out of here with that bullshit. Your list should have looked like

1. Bloodbath
    2. Portal
    3. Anaal Nathrakh
    So mt list should be based solely on excusiveness? Your bias is showing...
    inb4lists