Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

What are you watching right now?

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,586 spicy boy
    Yeah i guess thats true. 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I grew up in a strict household so I didn't get to watch alot of stuff. As a result, there are alot of gaps in my movie experience of a fuck ton of classics. Like I said, I watched Jurassic Park for the first time a couple days ago. Recently, I watched shit like Reservoir Dogs, Shawshank Redemption, Scarface etc. for the first time ever. I'm talking like a period of like 5 months or so. So I'm trying to knock out classic franchises I've never seen before. Finishing Jurassic Park, and then moving onto Back to the Future and Lethal Weapon because I have never seen any of them. 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    That's gonna be kinda awesome in a way, and it'll suck in others. It will specifically be a benefit when you watch heavier stuff. I got exposed to a lot of shit when I was too young to understand it. A good example is the Tim Burton stuff. When I first saw Beetlejuice and Edward Scissorhands, I didn't get the satire of it. I didn't laugh at most of it til I saw them in my 20s. On the other hand, certain stuff won't have the benefit of childish wonder. I have a hard time with most dopey action films. I'm too cynical now.

That said, I would watch all of the Back to the Future movies. The sequels are spotty (Part III has a pretty ridiculous McFly lineage) but have enough pure awesomeness (Flea as Marty's boss) and move fast enough to stay entertaining. With Lethal Weapon, stop at 2. Lethal Weapon 2 is one of the greatest action comedies ever and definitely the best action sequel. 3 just soils everything and gets heavy handed. 4 was mostly ad-libbed and shot quickly for easy money and it shows. It's cluttered with characters and the tone of the characters gets too silly. Silly enough to almost ruin the first 2. I don't know if you've seen the Die Hard series, but it's similar to what happened there. 

Finally, I thought the first Jurassic Park was great until the end. I thought it intentionally left too much open to obviously set up sequels. I thought 2 and 3 were garbage. World was stupid, but not a total loss. I thought Owen was the best character in the series behind Ian Malcolm. Bryce Dallas Howard annoys me though. She's nepotism at its worst afaic. She's not hot, not funny, not particularly charming. Her and the emo nephew were the biggest drag on the movie. The Indomicus Rex was a natural progression, but it's abilities were ridonk and them having it be able to talk to the raptors but not the T-Rex was kinda glaringly stupid. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,699 spicy boy
    Deathgasm
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I understand what you're saying definitely. I didn't have the benefit of seeing some of these movies at first release so some of them are just dated and stupid but I've enjoyed most of the "classics" I've seen. Just finished Jurassic Park III as well and I thought it was solid. Paper thin plot but definitely better than Lost World. And no I haven't seen any of Die Hard either but am planning on it. 
    Deathgasm is awesome. Its basically Evil Dead with a death metal band
    Got it in my list. Will be watching sometime this week. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I been repping Deathgasm since last year but no one listened lol
    Fun fact: the song in the intro sequence is from a local Denver band, Axeslasher
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,657 spicy boy
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Quantico is great because. .... hotties 
    @SATAN
    are the either of the Robocop shows, or either of the animated shows worth watching?
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I've never seen any of them, just the original movie and first sequel

The Robocop vs Terminator comics and video game were fun though
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    @LEGEND I'm binging hard on bojack again and way too excited for the new season after reading a review for the new season. People are still finding some of the most subtle things that I haven't managed to notice. This was a good one 

image Photobucket
    Ghostbusters 2
    Stranger Things is pretty damn good so far. Like Chuck said its like Spielberg and Stephen King had a baby. Definitely some John Carpenter vibes as well. 
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I NEED MORE PEOPLE TO TALK TO ABOUT THE ENDING. None of my friends have started it yet no matter how much I push them. So it's between a couple guys at work and reddit. 
    image Photobucket
    I kinda wanna watch it cuz of the synth vibes, but I probably wont 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,657 spicy boy