Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

What are you watching right now?

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    Lord of the Rings is top tier 
    Are they extended on there? 
    I didn't check before we started them, but we're just watching the standard editions
    Gotchya. Still great. But extended >
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah, looks like they're not on HBO which sucks. But its been like 5 years since my last watch so I'll take what i can get. I forget how fucking quality these movies are. I mean, i know they're phenomenal but the costumes and makeup and effects are fucking unreal for movies made in the early 2000s.
    So great 
    edited December 2020
    Tenet
    Tenet
    I think Nolan got a little ahead of himself with this one. So convoluted, even for him. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    My roommate downloaded a copy and there were no subtitles and everyone’s ducking accent was so thick I couldn’t understand them with the tv at like 70 so I just stopped like 30 minutes in 
    The music and background noise was way too loud and the talking was way too quiet 
    Revenge of the Sith 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    @Jobe_Wan_Kenobi curious to hear your thoughts

It’s a DC movie. DC gonna DC. I liked the first one, but It’s a movie about a magic wishing rock. The plot was weak af, the bad guy was dumb (good performance by Pedro but just laaaaame motives) dumb decisions everywhere, things are generally explained for shit and just don’t make sense at all of questioned even a little bit. Armor... to hold back the whole world lol. The reviews were all sizzle no substance and I find that to be pretty spot on. She is supposed to have a jet so here is her jet. I didn’t even mind the ham fisted message at the end of hope and joy and love but at least it’s consistent with her character. I didn’t pick up on the fact that every dude in the movie besides Steve was an absolute shit heel, but my buddies pointed it out after watching it. Stunt jumps looked like shit. I was checking to see how much time was left of the movie when it was supposed to be the big climax of the film and that’s never good. They couldn’t even make the magic mcguffin a damn mother box like the other movies... it was some other dumb shit instead. The experts didn’t know what it was but Pedro did for some unexplained reason. The whole thing with making and taking the wishes back was shit. The whole plot was just dumb af. 

3/10. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Agreed on all fronts. It was written by Geoff Johns who, while being THE definitive Green Lantern comic writer, is also responsible for most of the DC CW shows. I love how people in Hollywood fail upwards. 
    CW shows blow 
    Yeah thats my point
    I’ve completely ignored the Batwoman show, then I saw a video about what a train wreck it is on YouTube. Yikes. 
    I’ve completely ignored the Batwoman show, then I saw a video about what a train wreck it is on YouTube. Yikes. 
    Drinker? 
    Pretty sure that was the one. 
    Pretty sure that was the one. 
    I do be liking The Drinker 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Yeah, looks like they're not on HBO which sucks. But its been like 5 years since my last watch so I'll take what i can get. I forget how fucking quality these movies are. I mean, i know they're phenomenal but the costumes and makeup and effects are fucking unreal for movies made in the early 2000s.
    I think it’s stupid af they’re rebooting LOTR. I said something in a screenwriter group I’m in on fb and the Gen z kids acted like I was a grandpa. Disgusting little pukes. IMO if they’re gonna reboot something, reboot something that wasn’t perfect to begin with. Like Westworld
    Seriously a reboot of lotr less than 20 years later? 
    SATAN said:
    I think it’s stupid af they’re rebooting LOTR. I said something in a screenwriter group I’m in on fb and the Gen z kids acted like I was a grandpa. Disgusting little pukes. IMO if they’re gonna reboot something, reboot something that wasn’t perfect to begin with. Like Westworld
    Apparently it's not a "reboot". They're making something entirely original set in the world of Middle Earth, but without any of Tolkien's stories, notes, or approval. They already said that this show is going to be "adult" with sex and nudity, because that's what we want.

Tolkien is rolling in his grave.