Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Who else is gettin' pumped for the upcoming Mastodon tour next month??

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy

todd likes mastodon now :))

I love winning with women
  • Hybrid69Hybrid69 Posts: 165 juggalo

Thats a terrible setlist, the 'High Road' song is mediocre, and closing with The Sparrow?? Fuck that, they should close with Blood & Thunder, and really guys?? You dumbasses think The Hunter sucked?? That was a damn good album but them (along with Tool) for some reason never have too good of live setlists anymore  

holy shit take a boxcutter to the throat

^Hey master shake go take that boxcutter you tickle your wrists with every night after guilty thoughts of your parents and Re-evaluate your dumb response there you boring fuckface  

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy

fuck should have got third eye :((

1. hunter was the woat mastodon album.

2. even if it was and they close with sparrow, who gives a shit? aqua, bladecatcher, hearts alive, trampled, megalodon, crystal, capillarian, naked burn, siberian, crusher, divinations, oblivion... all awesome.

3. end it the fuck now.

Lol what a little crybaby faggot. Not saying the entire setlist was bad, some good songs on it but where is Blood & Thunder, March Of The Fire Ants, Colony Of Birchmen, Crack The Skye, Sleeping Giant, etc.?? And really they could've put better shit from The Hunter like Curl Of The Burl or the title track or Dry Bone Valley than the A7X rip-off in Black Tongue. Also, the order of songs is my biggest issue with it, closing song should ALWAYS be on a fast, hard, high note, as should the opener, with ALL bands.  

so im a crybaby faggot but youre the one mad about the set order? :-?

should have played stargasm and blasteroid instead of black tongue and the sparrow. Happy about octopus i was hoping for it.

Hey man i'm just sayin' I saw them before and they are known for not having the best setlists live, at Mayhem 2013 they were SHIT. Not sure why, but setlist sucked and didn't fit the Mayhem vibe, they were much better on the Opeth tour.  

agree they were shit at 13. aa matter of fact I spoke with troy after the set and he said they fired their sound guy, peter, as soon as the set was finished. brent was irate.

first time I saw mastodon they were supporting  blood mountain, next two times they were supporting crack the skye, most recently was the 13 show ( hunter). its clear theyre declining musically while prospiring popularitywise exponentially. they love to play hunter material live and have made it a point for the past couple years, as expected. so a set like that is a rare treat as far as I see it.

would have loved to see the czar doe

Mastodon are going radio  

edited April 2014

yep :-<

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    The Hunter has comprised of about 90% of their setlist since it was released. So enjoy the setlist with the deep cuts, who knows when they'll play them again. They'll always bring Blood and Thunder and March of the Fire Ants back eventually.

JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

how is 'black tongue' a gay7x ripoff :-?

• GregTheShowerDemonGregTheShowerDemon Posts: 465 salt miner

Idiot, Black Tongue is NOT a sevenfold rip off u dumbass fuck. The intro riff is slightly similar to 'Nightmare' but barely alike, no more similar than Blue Collar Man & The Clairvoyant are to eachother tonedeaf prick  

fuck if they are going to close with anything from the hunter close with the creature lives, fuck.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

if you dislike that Mastodon setlist you're a paper fan 

im just saying, closing with the sparrow? Lame. all that energy to just pretty much wave goodbye.