Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

What's your next big move?

Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
:-??

Hopefully you have more going on in life than getting drunk this weekend or the next show you want to go to. New job? More school? Buying a house? What's the next big change, move or goal that you want to achieve?
Pass the god damn butter.

Comments

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Im supposed to change my oil tomorrow..
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    edited November 2013
    Dahlia tomorrow. Probably get drunk.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Been applying for better jobs all week...eventually someone will call [-O<
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Rex420 said:

Been applying for better jobs all week...eventually someone will call [-O<</p>

Same, hopefully. [-O<
    inb4lists
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Starting life basically. Used my potential future in the state of New Jersey as an excuse to not start school. Interview at Sam's Club and filled out an app for college.
    image Photobucket
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I'm working towards buying either camp acreage or a piece of commercial property to turn into a business. Shit ain't cheap though, so its seems like its taking forever to get all the pieces in place. Patience may be a virtue, but it isn't one of mine. I know what I want and I want it right fucking now lol.

:-w :!!
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    edited November 2013
    Seriously though, next big steps involve graduating college and getting a job at a studio. I'll probably end up living my parents for quite some time though, I'm not in any rush to move out and as long as I pay some rent once I graduate they'll be fine too. It'll take me a while to get to a point that I can sustain myself.

That and hopefully getting in a semi-successful band are about all I have planned for life. Dont plan on marriage or kids, so yea. The next steps are it lol.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    I want to be out of my parents house by this time next year.
    imageimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Why the dislike?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    The house I've spent the last 4 years renovating is almost complete. The city just purchased a bunch of land across the main road from me to turn into a new town square. The entire area has been through gentrification recently. My neighborhood is one of the last along Bankhead that had a lot of crime going on. Once they get that square built, this area should be fairly trendy. They've been actively trying to run off the riff raff around here with code violations and such and police cars have had a mounting presence, so it's only a matter of time before the meth/crack/pill heads gtfo. I bought the house for $28k in 2009 and will have it paid off in about 2 years. By that time, I should be sitting on some money. I can already rent it out for almost 4x my mortgage right now. Anyways, the plan is for me to get some money from this house preferably by renting it out while my girlfriend works so I can homeschool my kids and start making movies again. This lawsuit I'm in against the firm I work for is expected to net me about $8-10k. I'm going to try to invest that money to build up enough to buy a bar/venue. One of my oldest friends makes the entirety of his income playing the stock market. Dude hasn't worked in 12 years, but lives comfortably, travels a lot and keeps up a $1200 child support payment monthly. He's been kinda tudoring me on how that works and I got my first dividend check last month. I'm of the opinion that real estate is where the long term money is, so I'm anxious to buy up as much as I can around here because it's so depressed right now that you can buy properties for as little as $14k. In theory, getting stock and rent money coming in will help me get my venue some cushion and have me some capital to help fund my film shit. I'm trying to diversify enough to where if one part doesn't go as planned, I still have other wheels turning. It's a lot to take in though. I'm having to learn a crazy amount of shit about how taxes work right now. Just gotta keep plugging and put it all together
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies

Why the dislike?

Because MU.
    inb4lists
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Next step is getting my damn license. Longer run, probably around next fall, when I have a car with me in SJ, I wanna try interning at Atomic Garden studios. Thats where a lot of bay area bands such as Deafheaven, Whirr, and Grayceon record a lot of their stuff. I know a dude that interns at Trakworx where bands like Cormorant, Vhol and tons if other bay area bands record, and he loves it. So I'd love to be able to do similar work.
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Getting a place with my bf. In about two months.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Working part time parks & rec job at the moment. Waiting for the new year to start applying for decent full time jobs (got several plans I don't wanna miss before then) so I can hopefully begin the process of finding an apt and being on my own. It'll take time but I'm ready to become more independent.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    moving out again

shit is so cash
    I love winning with women
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    This summer I'm gonna take on a couple more classes than I'm currently taking. If all goes well I'll finish be able to finish school in about 2 years.

My girlfriend and I are also looking into renting a house or townhome for a while until we can get a job in our wanted fields.
  • sarspidsarspid Posts: 1,643 just the tip
    Moving back to California hopefully next year and finishing school. I want to give my daughter a better future.