Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

This is a Government Fuckery Thread

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    That idea was lost 50 years ago. 
    The person that was in office when I was a newborn was bill clinton. I’m done with this argument. He’s done some really good things right?

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Who we supposed to vote for Jake? Who’s actually gonna give us the change we want? Do you think Biden is gonna do it? He’s been in government for 40 years and wrote most of the laws people are bitching about now. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    FLAT said:
    If we wanted to we could have a great ass fucking country. 
    >doesn't vote 
    This is just straight common sense. Why don’t we have people flourishing? Oh yeah. Because we have a 3 trillion dollar military budget. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Who we supposed to vote for Jake? Who’s actually gonna give us the change we want? Do you think Biden is gonna do it? He’s been in government for 40 years and wrote most of the laws people are bitching about now. 
    Its almost as if there are local and state elections every 2 years to determine leadership at not only a city and state level, but the national level too.

Imagine if everyone gave a fuck for one election cycle and actually voted for people that have their best interests at heart (they exist, they just don't get votes) City councilmen, senators, congressman, governers, state senators, etc.

Imagine if more people had voted in the democratic primaries. Imagine if we could vote for someone like Bernie. Hell, even someone like Yang or Tulsi. 

But nah lets have absolutely no fucking say in the picks that were voted for, then bitch because you don't like the choices. Thats much more productive 
    Nobody wanted Hillary in ‘16 and nobody wants Biden now. The shit is rigged. They won’t give us Bernie, Yang or a Tulsi. The DNC tanked them to protect their own agenda. The fix is in. 
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    edited October 2020
    Hillary won the popular vote against Obama in 08, and again against Sanders in 16. The Dem voters backed her. I was one of them. I backed Biden this year. These people are out there, but the difference is that they actually vote. Sanders supporters tend to just bitch a lot on social media. Young people are the god damned worst. I don't care if it causes different candidates than I want to be chosen, I just want people to vote. 
    Nobody wanted Hillary in ‘16 and nobody wants Biden now. 
    How do you think they pick people to put on the ballot Jobe? More people voted for Biden than Bernie in the primary. That's the reality. And we have millions of potential voters that could turn the tide and get someone like Bernie elected. But they refuse to vote. 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I’m voting for Howie
    I already voted so we can all sit around and hold hands socially distance and sing Imagine. 

IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE!

it’s all better now. I VOTED! 

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Im voting, but Im also pretty disillusioned. Not kidding myself thinking my vote matters.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Most of the local elections here didn’t even have a Democratic candidate. Only one elected official here is a Democrat and it’s the Sheriff. Most options were “pick any two candidates” and they only have 2 Republicans listed. One said “pick 3” and they still only had 2 options listed. 
    None of the slogans are cool enough for me. Pass. Maybe next time we can get a 90 year old pedophile to chose from. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    How bout, vote for nobody because our votes don’t matter anyways and it’s all an illusion of choice.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    edited October 2020
    Actually fuck you. Rex never used to vote either and first thing he does is vote for Trump. Maybe you should just stay home. Fuck yall
    i can admit when i made a mistake. I couldn't see the pandemic coming, but Hillary probably would have handled that better. 

I also wasn't really involved then. Much more knowledgeable these days when it comes to candidates. Excited to get involved on a more local level this year. 

Both times iv voted (once for bernie in the primary, and then for trump) i really didn't know what was going on around those votes. 

It took me a long time to get involved, but i have a good friend who is a lawyer, who wants to get involved in running for a local seat in the next few years and hes really opened my eyes on some stuff. Dude is so smart its almost intimidating to talk to him. Future brother in law most likely. But its nice to have someone who i know i can trust to bounce questions off of when i don't really know whats going on. 

I definetly used to be on the side of the fence that it didn't matter if you voted. But the next 10 years are really crucial to our country. A lot of these old politicians are going to be dying/retiring and its important that we get some new age people that think differently in office. 

I already voted so we can all sit around and hold hands socially distance and sing Imagine. 

IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE!

it’s all better now. I VOTED! 

If everyone voted instead of talking shit on the internet we'd have Bernie. Cry conspiracy all you want
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Most of the local elections here didn’t even have a Democratic candidate. Only one elected official here is a Democrat and it’s the Sheriff. Most options were “pick any two candidates” and they only have 2 Republicans listed. One said “pick 3” and they still only had 2 options listed. 
    I write myself in as a candidate. I have in that situation since 1996 lol
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Some dudes were planning on kidnapping Michigan's milf governor
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yeah the leader was apparently from Grand rapids. 

Grap been crazy lately. So many shootings. I assume its like that a lot of places though.