Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Obstacle Race / Mud Run Thread

2»

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    started Yesterday with a 3 mile run and 100 push-ups. not too bad for day 1
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip

@streets what kinda of training did you do beforehand

a lot of running, push-ups, lifted with various items i.e. logs, cinder blocks, etc., squats, 8 count bodybuilders. It was mostly stuff to build upper body strength and endurance.
    They have a Tough Mudder here in Nov but i'm not sure if i have enough time to get to that level to finish. i'm still going to do it and give it 110%.

I have about 4 miles of hiking tails at a park near me i was going to get ankle, wrist and a vest weights totaling about 70 pounds. i was going to hike with them to build endurance, Sorta like the ruck marches i did in the army
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I did Warrior Dash last year, it was fun as hell.
    imma have to wait for that one to come back around, 4 days is not enough time to prepare lol
    might have gotten a friend to start training with me :-bd
    Stabilized my diet for training.

Protein Bar for breakfast, snack crackers at first break at work, Salad and Fresh Veggie/Fruit for lunch, nutrition shake after work, Chicken/beef/pork for dinner.

I'm eating smaller portions every 3-4 hours and have cut almost all soda out of my diet by not keeping any in my house.

Should be getting my bench this week then i'll be starting a lifting routine and imma get a slant board asap for core strengthening.
    I've done a bit of research and apparently this is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. I've found 7 national organisations so far with even more regional and local events

National:
    Tough Mudder
    Spartan Race
    Warrior Dash
    Savage Race
    Hero Rush
    Superhero Scramble
    Run For Your Lives - Zombie Themed, chase or be chased

Site dedicated to the sport - Mud and adventure.com

That site is how i found local events here in NC, anyone who is interested in these should defiantly check it out.