Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

WASP Review. Mainly for John

GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
edited March 2010 in Off Topic
First time going to the almighty Harpos, and I must say I wish I was there for Hatebreed. Anyway at my show there were 4 bands, two were local. The first one was interesting and had great lyrical skills with songs such as I'M DRINKIN AND I'M DRIVIN YEAH I'M DRINKIN AND I'M DRIVIN, DRINKIN AND I'M DRIVIN YEAH I'M DRINKIN AND I'M DRIVIN. And also DRINK UNTIL YOU PASSOUT DRINK UNTIL YOU BLACKOUT, DRINK UNTIL YOU PASSOUT DRINK UNTIL YOU PASSOUT. I dont even remember their name. Then there was Man Unkind. They were a band with an identity crisis. They started out sounding ok, then sounded completely different, then flipped the script again by the end.

War Machine was the supporting band and kicked ass. They're pretty new and from Toronto...I checked them out on myspace and was kinda meh..but live they were cool. Played for about 45 minutes.

Then they main event. WASP comes out. I was expecting an okay show to finally start out the year for me. No it was the opposite. Blackie came out and tore it up. It was loud as hell, they were running around on stage and put on a great show. Throughout the set, there was a projector that was playing the music video to everything they played. They fit in a couple new songs which I think sounded great. I would definetly see them again if they came back. Yeah I'm not the greatest review writer.

Edit: Forgot to add they played about an hour and a half
Anyway heres the setlist

1.Intro
2.On Your Knees
3.The Real Me (The Who cover)
4.Hellion / I Don't Need No Doctor / Scream Until You Like It
5.L.O.V.E. Machine
6.Crazy
7.Babylon's Burning
8.Wild Child
9.Arena Of Pleasure
10.Chainsaw Charlie (Murders in the New Morgue)
11.The Idol
12.Take Me Up
13.I Wanna Be Somebody
Encore:
14.Heaven's Hung in Black
15.Blind In Texas
image Photobucket

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    thanks for the review....looking forward to Tuesday. From what i read, some venues are only having Warmachine, and no local bands, as the openers. Those venues, WASP is getting a 2 hour set. I think my venue is one of those
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Possibly. For my show doors opened at 6. We got there at 7 and I dont know if there were any bands we missed, but judging by the crowd I doubt it. WASP went on a couple minutes after 10 and played till 11:30
    image Photobucket
    As for merch there was a "B. Lawless #25" shirt and a tour shirt, but it only had countries on it. I didn't see much else. Figured I would save so I could get some stuff at my next two shows
    image Photobucket
    i don't have money for any merch at the show. i spent $40 on food and drinks at BOC, and am pretty broke
    Something kinda lulzy happened. Me and my left the table we were at to go to the floor for Wasp. As we get down there, this guy walks up to my dad, pretty much ignoring the fact that I am standing there. Says "Hey man you like to party? I got backstage passes" my dad just says "nah I'm good." The guy continues, "You dont do nothing?" *makes a grab at his nose* At this point I wanted to do a facepalm, but it continued. "No man I got an 8 ball before the show, so far its all to myself."

I just looked at him, same with my dad.
    image Photobucket
    yeah, i've nmey my share of weirdos at shows. i had a drunk 60 year old woman hit on me in front of my wife at an ozzfest
    Me along with like 4 other guys around me were possibly raped by this completely drunk chick who was really, really digging Nikki Sixx..
    image Photobucket