Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

new BLACK FLAG song

SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Which line up is this one?
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ginn and Reyes

I heard it earlier, thought it was decent but I think the guitar is way too loud and the drums are way too quiet
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    It's def growing on me

I guess I had low expectations so I'm cool with anything that sounds good even if it doesn't sound like the olden days
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    BF needs to play old songs/
    TrifeLyfe said:

BF needs to play old songs/

Really skeptical about the show in June. I hope they're good but idk....

After seeing the Flag video I don't think Black Flag stands a chance, regardless of who wrote the songs
    Yeah but where you're from should be more awesome. Fuck Cali. Weak ass scene. Just start circle pittin and crowd killin people and their ipads.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    The difference between this and the last few albums they did is that this is aimed at proving something to the audience where the old shit was trying to spit on the audience. I used to fully believe that people over 35 really shouldn't play metal or punk. I had kinda moved away from that, but watching these old dudes torching their legacies is painful. If they had never recorded or toured again, their legacy would be set in stone. They're kinda throwing that to the wind. I feel the same way about Carcass and Sabbath. IMO the Misfits have been soiling theirs for so long that nobody really gives a fuck about them anymore. When I was a kid, if you had a misfits album, you knew what was up. Now, you can buy Misfits ashtrays in shithole gas stations in the middle of nowhere. I know cuz I did. After that and the Dead Kennedys and Germs debacles, I'm kinda keeping my fingers crossed that Brian Barker doesn't try to reignite Minor Threat or something else gay like that. Sometimes you just need to leave well-enough alone
    So what you are saying is I shouldn't go and see BF in a couple weeks :-?
    it's gonna be kinda like seeing a Black Flag cover band. If you're cool with that, party on
    That's how Suicidal was, tbh
    How was that show?

I am excited as hell for the 80's DRI line up tour. Should be crazy :O
    TrifeLyfe said:

Yeah but where you're from should be more awesome. Fuck Cali. Weak ass scene. Just start circle pittin and crowd killin people and their ipads.

I don't give a fuck about the crowd, I'm talking about the band

I'd rather see a killer set by Flag and stand still than see a boring as fuck set where everyone's going crazy
    Dri were funny to me. Kurt kinda looks like Gallagher now. Last time I'd seen them was in '95 with acid bath. They don't have the same energy anymore, but they're all over 50 now so that's no surprise. They were more having fun than anything.

Suicidal was definitely like a cover band. Half the dudes in the band now prolly weren't even born when the first album dropped. My friend said the bassist and drummer used to play with Sade, and it kinda showed. I'd heard that Mike was running his mouth too much, but he actually did that a lot less than before. The new song they played was a dud and they funked up a couple of the older punk songs, but they were enjoyable. I didn't feel ripped off when I left like I did at Bad Brains or Dead Kennedys
    Last time I saw DRI my cousins band opened and we all got wasted and had a great time
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I heard tonight that Black Flag is going to be playing Club Red sometime in the near future. That's pretty sweet.
    I love winning with women
    Brian said:

TrifeLyfe said:

I don't give a fuck about the crowd, I'm talking about the band

I'd rather see a killer set by Flag and stand still than see a boring as fuck set where everyone's going crazy
    In a world where you can have both!
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers