Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

official mayhem fest 2015 thread.

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Please extrapolate MC because I'm not following you at all
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    BASED said:
    Not following what?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Well Lyman's first mistake is that he tries to run it like Warped Tour which its not. I know people that go to warped every year because tickets are cheap and theres so many bands you'll find something you like. There's only like 12 bands on Mayhem. If all but one of those bands suck i'm not going plain and simple.

And he basically admitted that we could have a better lineup if they raised the prices a little :|
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    And Lyman is sort of right. A lot of the metal bands wont take a discount to play Mayhem. But its because they dont respect him/the company.

Ozzfest never had that problem because Ozzy/Sabbath was leading the charge. What band wouldnt want to tour with Sabbath? 
    BASED said:
    Not following what?
    How EDM and metal have a similar fan base. Also what metal bands are just "synth"
    edited July 2015
    BASED said:
    BASED said:
    Not following what?
    How EDM and metal have a similar fan base. Also what metal bands are just "synth"
    The businesses run very similarly. Usually have one manager per one band/DJ/Artist versus other genres where one manager works with many artists. The fanbases both look at themselves out outsiders. The genres themselves are filled with nonsensical and trendy subgenres. Both scenes are very counter mainstream. The fans are diehard and elitist. Dubstep = core. 

As for the synth thing, that's partially a joke because Blood Music (a metal label) is now producing albums for synth bands, and because Pertubator is starting to play at metal shows. Some synth bands now even put metal tags on their bandcamp. 
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I havent met a whole lot of "elitist" edm fans really. diehard, yeah, but not elitist in my experience.
    I love winning with women
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    17 year old girls in glitter and Indian head wear aren't elitists lol
    edited July 2015
    17 year old girls in glitter and Indian head wear aren't elitists lol
    their the equivalent to the scene kids of metal. 

I havent met a whole lot of "elitist" edm fans really. diehard, yeah, but not elitist in my experience.
    I know a few. Some only listen to the noisey Merzbow esque electronic, or simply hate on trendy EDM like Skrillex. 
    :| EDM=/=all electronic music you doofus. EDM is specifically electronic dance music like bro step and shitty trap and house. Aka that super mainstream bs that djs play at "raves" that every bro and basic bitch go to where bros wear tanks and chicks are very scantly clad and they're all drunk or on Molly. Other forms of electronic music like actual dub, Idm, witchhouse, house, or synthpop are NOT EDM
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    witch house is awesome
    I love winning with women
    BASED said:
    :| EDM=/=all electronic music you doofus. EDM is specifically electronic dance music like bro step and shitty trap and house. Aka that super mainstream bs that djs play at "raves" that every bro and basic bitch go to where bros wear tanks and chicks are very scantly clad and they're all drunk or on Molly. Other forms of electronic music like actual dub, Idm, witchhouse, house, or synthpop are NOT EDM
    I meant electronic music in general. Fukk evar
    edited July 2015
    Synthwave, 8-bit, and glitch hop > 
    EDM and dubstep = core and buttrock basically
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    ive been hearing this horrible song at work on repeat for a few weeks now by a band called sleeping with sirens but I thought it was avril lavigne up until two days ago.

its a fucking dude that has avrils voice.
    Fucking tired of hearing their band name all the time lol
    inb4lists
    BASED said:
    The irate is strong with this one
    inb4lists
    It's not from people i hang out with, it's from my sister's fucking irritating friends that come over sometimes. 
    inb4lists