Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Do you believe in Aliens?

13»

Comments

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    No.
    i change my vote. Yes, i do believe mexicans exist.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    No.
    Alex said:

Rex brings up something. What if they're afraid of us? What if they've been observing us and feel that their race would be in danger if they were to expose themselves?

what if WE are the aliens? :-? @-) :-O
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Yes.
    Well I do remember reading an article about researches finding some ancient asteroid bits that had the basic building blocks of DNA. Either way, something from out there is what we are built off of.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yes.
    Yeah his name is marc
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Yes.

rexum420 said:

I don't think it's out of the box to think that maybe they are an extremely peaceful species and maybe have no desire to destroy us...talking about what wine was saying

If they're extremely peaceful, why don't they reveal themselves? Why don't they open up to the capability of cooperation?

The possibility of us cooperating to use each others resources is incredible for both species! Why don't they want that?
    Well since its all hypothetical it could be that they already have a nearly infinite supply of resources and we have absolutely nothing to offer them. Therefore they just leave us be
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yes.

If I was a member of an extremely peaceful species, I wouldn't want to make contact with humans. Humans have been fighting and killing each other for thousands of years and it doesn't look like they're going to stop anytime soon.

If they see that, then there's nearly no point in not doing it. Since we can't get to them, and only they can get to us, there's no threat to their species. I think that if aliens were to visit Earth, there would be nearly immediate diplomatic world peace, because it would require Earth to think as one. If, for example, we were contacted not only by an alien race but by multiple alien races, then it becomes even bigger. Interplanetary economies would need to be considered, making the concept of currency conversion in between countries extinct.

I just don't see the point of not doing it if I'm an alien. Humans can't threaten us as a species, and there are likely a ton of benefits from cooperation.
    Xenocide said:

rexum420 said:

I don't think it's out of the box to think that maybe they are an extremely peaceful species and maybe have no desire to destroy us...talking about what wine was saying

If they're extremely peaceful, why don't they reveal themselves? Why don't they open up to the capability of cooperation?

The possibility of us cooperating to use each others resources is incredible for both species! Why don't they want that?
    Well since its all hypothetical it could be that they already have a nearly infinite supply of resources and we have absolutely nothing to offer them. Therefore they just leave us be
    Infinite resources within their realm of supply, maybe, but Earth would represent a new supply of resources. There's not really such thing as infinite resources, since things like feul, etc. are paramount to an intergalactic species or society. But there are also resources such as human capital as well as biological capital. Let's say that we're one of the .4% of living intelligent species that can breath oxygen, and almost everyone else runs on hydrogen. Biologically, that puts humans at an advantage, and would increase the capability of any cooperation.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Yes.
    rexum420 said:

Yeah his name is marc

=))