Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

SANDY HOOK FATHER OWNS CONGRESS

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Perfectly said
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    NolaMetal said:

3. federal law trumps your state law unfortunately once again sorry bro

Interesting that you say this. We sort of discussed this in my law class. If a state government decides not to act out a passed federal law, then they can go on without enforcing it (example; Montana has stated that if gun bans pass they will not enforce them.) Then only the national guard or whatever can enforce those laws.

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    lol no they cant... or else there would have been no point for the entire civil war..
    a state can choose not to enforce national laws but its still a crime and if the feds decide to stop it they have full power to do so.. look at the marijuana dispensary problems
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Nola can't even pay the gas bill, but he's a political scientist.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Thus the... "national guard or whatever" would be called in to enforce it. But if the fed never sends them in, the state can get away with it.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Nola I have a question. You said "if it saves one child's life than why not try it?" Why not try putting more guns out there for people that are sane to have access too? Response to a crisis would be quicker and therefore could save that childs life. Instead of having to use your body as a shield to protect children from gunfire.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    edited February 2013
    Laws should be determined by states any ways
    well yeah but in a technical sense fed law still trumps state law... like technically marijuana is still 100 percent illegal regardless of what state your in but state can choose to ignore that illegality.. doesnt mean your 100 percent legal doe feds can still fuck with ya
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    All about dem States' Rights. THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    mrAPE said:

Nola I have a question. You said "if it saves one child's life than why not try it?" Why not try putting more guns out there for people that are sane to have access too? Response to a crisis would be quicker and therefore could save that childs life. Instead of having to use your body as a shield to protect children from gunfire.

Also it would also be a factor for any crazy person to factor in when thinking about attacking someone.theres a reason why the president always has guns around him
    mrAPE said:

there are guns out there already.. everyone who wants a gun pretty much has one.. as said earlier tho im fine with having trained background passed personel protect public places..
    Fair enough. Had this discussion with someone the other day and they completely dismissed the fact that having someone there with a gun could save lives as well. It was like a conversation I had in highschool with a super religious girl all over again.

Me- what are you working on?
    Her- why abortion should be illegal.
    Me- oo okay, why do you think it should be illegal?
    Her- well because what if the baby were to grow up and create a cure for cancer or aids. They would save millions of lives.
    Me- makes sense. But what if they grow up and fly a plane into a building or kill millions of people?
    Her- well that just can't happen.
    Me- :|
  • TigerTiger Posts: 2,116 balls deep
    I guess a kid cant grow up and shoot a bunch of people either..
    8-|
    The day you need a gun and don't have one, may be your last.

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    mrAPE said:

Fair enough. Had this discussion with someone the other day and they completely dismissed the fact that having someone there with a gun could save lives as well. It was like a conversation I had in highschool with a super religious girl all over again.

Me- what are you working on?
    Her- why abortion should be illegal.
    Me- oo okay, why do you think it should be illegal?
    Her- well because what if the baby were to grow up and create a cure for cancer or aids. They would save millions of lives.
    Me- makes sense. But what if they grow up and fly a plane into a building or kill millions of people?
    Her- well that just can't happen.
    Me- :|

implying that learning to fly said plane in the first place isn't enough of an accomplishment 8-|
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited February 2013
    while we're on the topic of state vs. the federal government - if the federal government was to make guns illegal but the states decide to keep them legal can the federal government collect taxes on gun sales? like right now what's happening with weed - it's legal in WA and CO so would legit pot businesses have to pay federal tax even though it's still illegal on the federal level?
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    im curious because i read somewhere that now a couple representitives introduced 2 legislative measures to legalize weed and im wondering if it's because they want in on the taxes from states that choose to legalize it.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    the georgia sheriff's website has a statement posted on it saying that they will oppose any federal forces trying to disarm us

http://www.georgiasheriffs.org/Display.asp?Page=home

bottom right hand corner
    Almost every county around here said they won't follow it.