Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Poll: Who Should Perform at the Super Bowl XLVIII Halftime Show?

13»

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Foo Fighters
    rexum420 said:

LOOT said:

:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

What? I have never seem tool live. But from what I've seen on video is that it's mostly a light show and they don't move around much. People at the SB and watching tend to want a lot of energy. Foo Fighters would be perfect for it. Lady Gaga wouldn't be a bad choice either but pop needs to go someplace else next time
    :|:|:|:| tool provides an energy level most bands can't reach live
    Ok, cool. But I can bet you the people at the SB and watching it at home would be entertained more if someone like the Foo Fighters or Metallica played it. Simply because of the faster pace, shorter tracks so more variety is played, and physical energy given off
    imageimage
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Gary said:

also keep in mind WTF are they gonna do if it's raining or snowing? There will be no show

On page one of this thread I said they hinted that there wont be a half time show next year. Weather was cited as the biggest concern (temperature and potential snow or bad weather). That was from NFL insiders talking on sprts radio on my way to work as they broke down the viewing numbers n shit. I wasnt pulling it out of my butt. Theres a high chance you wont see a live show.
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    jag said:

Gary said:

also keep in mind WTF are they gonna do if it's raining or snowing? There will be no show

On page one of this thread I said they hinted that there wont be a half time show next year. Weather was cited as the biggest concern (temperature and potential snow or bad weather). That was from NFL insiders talking on sprts radio on my way to work as they broke down the viewing numbers n shit. I wasnt pulling it out of my butt. Theres a high chance you wont see a live show.
    That would blow but whatcha gonna do..I shit you not if Giants get in I'm there..I'll drop 2g for a tic.

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Jay-Z
    you missed these two, even though I highly doubt either will be the halftime show
    Skrillex -- Did someone call for a 12-minute rave at midfield? The dubstep king could bring EDM to the mainstream with a Super Bowl halftime performance -- just imagine how many glowsticks would be needed.

PSY-- Maybe "Gangnam Style" is just the beginning. Maybe K-pop's biggest stateside star has more hits up his sleeve, after scoring a massive radio single last year. Maybe 2014 is PSY's time.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Skrillex isn't going to do the halftime

2012 was PSY's time
    I love winning with women
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I guess he could get bigger (get it, because he's Asian) but Idk.
    I love winning with women
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Jay-Z
    yeah that comment about PSY was pretty stupid. The song started gaining popularity during summer and then exploded a couple months later and continued to gain and keep popularity for the rest of the year...I don't see how he's going to stay around for another year
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Britney Spears
    Santana said:

you missed these two, even though I highly doubt either will be the halftime show
    Skrillex -- Did someone call for a 12-minute rave at midfield? The dubstep king could bring EDM to the mainstream with a Super Bowl halftime performance -- just imagine how many glowsticks would be needed.

PSY-- Maybe "Gangnam Style" is just the beginning. Maybe K-pop's biggest stateside star has more hits up his sleeve, after scoring a massive radio single last year. Maybe 2014 is PSY's time.

yeah I skipped those two on purpose due to trying to save the thread space and the ozone layer :-c
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Jay-Z
    Bring back john fogerty
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Foo Fighters
    monicaa said:

Bring back CCR!!

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Britney Spears
    I actually thought Rex was kidding about Tool doing it. and then it developed into an actual debate. :|

Although I love Tool they are a horrible fit for this and would never ever ever be considered for that. They are not big enough and there are probably 500 other bands/performers that would have to turn it down for them to ever be asked.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Gary said:

jag said:

Gary said:

That would blow but whatcha gonna do..I shit you not if Giants get in I'm there..I'll drop 2g for a tic.

wouldn't be as bad as beyonce
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Lady Gaga
    Santana said:

Only good answer in this thread.

• 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Jay-Z
    Freddie's dead, Beyonce's not.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    edited February 2013

rexum420 said:

LOOT said:

:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

What? I have never seem tool live. But from what I've seen on video is that it's mostly a light show and they don't move around much. People at the SB and watching tend to want a lot of energy. Foo Fighters would be perfect for it. Lady Gaga wouldn't be a bad choice either but pop needs to go someplace else next time
    :|:|:|:| tool provides an energy level most bands can't reach live
    Ok, cool. But I can bet you the people at the SB and watching it at home would be entertained more if someone like the Foo Fighters or Metallica played it. Simply because of the faster pace, shorter tracks so more variety is played, and physical energy given off
    =; tool has face paced shorter tracks as well...it's obvious tool would never be picked.. I'm just saying they could pull it off
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    inb4autocorrect