Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

END OF AMAZING SPIDERMAN!

MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
Since we have some comic fans...

Today marks the end of Amazing Spiderman at issue #700! This year was Spiderman's 50th Anniversary year. This is a huge thing in the comic world- the end of Mr. Stan Lee's 50 year long master creation.

A new Spiderman in "Superior Spiderman" is supposed to debut on Marvel's new MARVEL NOW comic line. However, rumored is that this is a completely new Spiderman. Peter Parker is supposedly no longer Spiderman in the comics! This means that Parker will no longer be showing up in comics since he was already killed off in the ULTIMATE MARVEL universe.

I haven't read issue #700 yet so I am not sure as to how or why there is going to be a change. Regardless this is huge in the world of comics and pop-culture.
Do You Like Hurting Other People?

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    has 1 2 3 4

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    every time since the late 90's that i've tried to get back into comics, i get lost because they change so much in terms of popular characters and canon. i absolutely hate everything dc has going right now with their heavy hitters and marvel seems to reboot their characters every couple of years. i mean, how many people can be spider-man? how many colors can the hulk become? it's so much easier to get into the graphic novel culture that the indies and vertigo nurture. the last books i followed with regularity were 'preacher' and 'transmetropolitan', both of which are now defunct. i do have every issue for both doe
    u dont knowz how much dikk u sux Satanz

[-(

blue turbins

Yea I agree it gets pretty overwhelming and complicated... a lot of times stupid. lol

there are some pretty good titles out right now though.
    edited December 2012
    SATAN said:

how many people can be spider-man? how many colors can the hulk become?

just to clarify these a little though:

There were (are?) two Spider-men. In the MARVEL series it is (was?) Peter Parker. That only changed briefly in the 90s during the whole "Clone Saga" shenanigan when Ben Reilly, the Scarlet Spider, became the new Spider-man. Parker came back shortly after though, and remained Spiderman until today.
    Now, the ULTIMATE MARVEL universe. The whole idea of the ULTIMATE thing was to reboot the series for new, up and coming readers in the 2000s. Once again, Peter Parker was Spiderman, but he was younger. A LOT of plot points were altered and changed. Then a short while ago (parially to appeal to a shifting demographic I'm sure) they killed off Parker in the ULTIMATE universe and replaced him with Miles Morales (they placed a lot of emphasis on the fact that he was half black/half mexican).
    And now in the new MARVEL NOW universe (which is the new cannon comic-line after the Avengers vs Xmen incident took place) there is a new Spiderman appearing.

EDIT: I guess there are two others but they are fairly non-cannon. One is Miguel Ohara from Marvel's 2099 series. The Spiderman 2099 from the future.
    and the other from the MARVEL NOIR line. Still Peter Parker, but the story takes place in the 1920s and is reminiscent of 20's mob/detective kinda things and noir entertainment elements.

As for Hulk. General Thaddeus E. "Thunderbolt" Ross is the Red Hulk, not Bruce Banner. Thunderbolt Ross was actually a villain in Hulk, and he transformed himself into a Hulk to better and kill the original Hulk. Ross could control the Hulk unlike Banner, and didn't allow himself to be controlled by emotion, and allow himself to become stupid. Thus, he was a better fighter, and tactician. Hulk was basically becoming a liability anyway, and all of the current heroes were sick of dealing with him, so they accepted the Red Hulk with open arms, and even replaced the original with him in The Avengers.

but yea, shit's confusing and unnecessary at times lol.

[-(

i know exactly how much dick i suck

SATAN said:

how many people can be spider-man? how many colors can the hulk become?

just to clarify these a little though:

There were (are?) two Spider-men. In the MARVEL series it is (was?) Peter Parker. That only changed briefly in the 90s during the whole "Clone Saga" shenanigan when Ben Reilly, the Scarlet Spider, became the new Spider-man. Parker came back shortly after though, and remained Spiderman until today.
    Now, the ULTIMATE MARVEL universe. The whole idea of the ULTIMATE thing was to reboot the series for new, up and coming readers in the 2000s. Once again, Peter Parker was Spiderman, but he was younger. A LOT of plot points were altered and changed. Then a short while ago (parially to appeal to a shifting demographic I'm sure) they killed off Parker in the ULTIMATE universe and replaced him with Miles Morales (they placed a lot of emphasis on the fact that he was half black/half mexican).
    And now in the new MARVEL NOW universe (which is the new cannon comic-line after the Avengers vs Xmen incident took place) there is a new Spiderman appearing.

EDIT: I guess there are two others but they are fairly non-cannon. One is Miguel Ohara from Marvel's 2099 series. The Spiderman 2099 from the future.
    and the other from the MARVEL NOIR line. Still Peter Parker, but the story takes place in the 1920s and is reminiscent of 20's mob/detective kinda things and noir entertainment elements.

As for Hulk. General Thaddeus E. "Thunderbolt" Ross is the Red Hulk, not Bruce Banner. Thunderbolt Ross was actually a villain in Hulk, and he transformed himself into a Hulk to better and kill the original Hulk. Ross could control the Hulk unlike Banner, and didn't allow himself to be controlled by emotion, and allow himself to become stupid. Thus, he was a better fighter, and tactician. Hulk was basically becoming a liability anyway, and all of the current heroes were sick of dealing with him, so they accepted the Red Hulk with open arms, and even replaced the original with him in The Avengers.

but yea, shit's confusing and unnecessary at times lol.
    see...that is entirely too difficult to keep track of without blowing through $50 a week in comics. the worst part is that i tried to get some comics for my son back around when 'the avengers' hit theaters, but almost none of the characters are anything close to what they are in the comics now. if this were all part of building a story and not creating some sort of sales gimmick, i wouldn't mind. but that's not the case.
    Yea
    I feel ya
    Coincidentally, Stan Lee turned 90 today \m/
    SATAN said:

[-(

i know exactly how much dick i suck
    ya one too manyz >:)

[-(

blue turbins

• jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Waysted dogz > stoned catz
    I just read issue #700 asjsgnasflbjsm HOLY SHIT!

Was insane, and unexpected, and WTF!

Superior Spider-man coming out next month is going to be weird...