Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Terror frontman Scott Vogel calls The Ghost Inside 'bullshit band'

HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited October 2012 in News
Thanks to ThePRP for bringing this to our attention, but Terror vocalist Scott Vogel apparently isn't a fan of The Ghost Inside.

While performing in Leeds, UK last night, Vogel had the following to say about Terror's forthcoming album:

"It's a very anti record of bullshit bands like The Ghost Inside that claim they're hardcore when they don't even know what hardcore is, get out of my face. Oh yeah, that's what's up. We're not holding back anymore, ya know what I'm saying?"

Here's the relevant video:

http://youtu.be/YEbKPBzyFls

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Stupid. TGI is a hardcore band... same values. Can't that just be enough? I'm surprised Scott is being that way about it. I was under the impression that the hardcore culture was accepting...
    I love winning with women
    And it's a shame he would choose to say that because I know TGI look up to Terror.
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    TGI isn't hardcore... They're metalcore. But yeah, they've sold out hard.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I love when bands try to say what people are or are not
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Meh. I haven't really compared their stuff side by side. I just enjoy it and always thought of them as hardcore.

All due respect, I disagree with his call out.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep

I love when bands try to say what people are or are not

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    TGI refused to do an offdate with a bunch of hardcore bands at the spot in Trenton. They even got offered 3000. More then any other band at champs. No response. Too cool for school.

I like TGI, I think they have an awesome message. But they do lean on hardcore And won't even take any up and coming hardcore bands out with them.

They're in it for money more the message which is fine, but don't talk about it if you're not about it. And I think they sold out hard with the last cd. At least Hatebreed still plays the same music.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    if i was a band i would call out other shitty sell out bands all the time too, though i am not familiar with tgi and am not saying one way or another that they deserve to be called out
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Statement from Vigil

What hardcore means to me.

Hardcore to me is, and always has been, about the message. It’s about the sense of community you feel knowing you’re not the only one who thinks the way you do. About the pride you have in yourself that you don’t conform with the “normal world.” Hardcore is about being yourself and being proud of it.

I grew up, and got into hardcore music through bands like Throwdown, Shai Hulud, Bane, One King Down, American Nightmare, etc. All of these bands sound completely different, but they all still have something in common. Every single one of those band have songs of substance, songs that make you think, songs that mean something. And they all have some merch with the word “hardcore” on them.

I do my absolute best to give back to the hardcore community by trying to write songs that will inspire and help people the way that hardcore bands of my era helped me. I wouldn’t have the strength to turn down any drugs or alcohol that came my way if it wasn’t for Throwdown’s “You Don’t Have To Be Blood To Be Family.” I would be an angry people hating misanthropist if I never heard Shai Hulud’s “Hearts Once Nourished With Hope And Compassion.” And most importantly, I wouldn’t have learned about dedication and sacrifice if it wasn’t for Bane’s “Give Blood.” All of these lessons I learned from hardcore. I owe who I am today to hardcore.

Hardcore to me has never been about a sound. It has always been about a message. The reason I call The Ghost Inside a hardcore band is because I believe in our songs. I believe in what we do. I believe that we are doing this band for all the right reasons. That’s why it’s so important to me to let people know what our songs are about. In the chance that they hear the message, and it sparks something inside them.

All of this is why I’ve always considered The Ghost Inside a hardcore band. If other people and other bands in the hardcore community feel that we are doing the hardcore community an injustice, or misrepresenting the scene, we will never print another piece of merch with the word hardcore on it.

I want people reading this to know that I mean no disrespect to anyone. ESPECIALLY Scott whom I’ve toured with a bunch, and have had many talks with about hardcore music. I respect his band, his career and what he said about my band. While on tour with Terror I acted a fool and disrespected Scott and some of his friends. I’ve done my very best to make amends with them. He has a reason to dislike me and my band. That is something I can only blame myself for, and something that I have to live with. Hardcore is also about honesty, and he was just being honest with the crowd.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    TGI sucks
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    1. Scott Vogel is the definition of a douchebag hardcore toughguy
    2. He's saying this stuff because he has a beef with a band member? Pretty much invalidates his whole statement.
    3. I know a few people who would say Vogel's statements are true....about Terror :|
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    edited October 2012
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers

1. Scott Vogel is the definition of a douchebag hardcore toughguy
    2. He's saying this stuff because he has a beef with a band member? Pretty much invalidates his whole statement.
    3. I know a few people who would say Vogel's statements are true....about Terror :|

1. Lol, obv you never met Vogel. He is the opposite of hardcore tough guy.

2. Noone knows exactly what happened (except them) and obv Vigil and his band did something fucked up, the way hees acting says it all. so to say he said it out of a beef is invalid.

3. Stop cryn.

4. Facefuck late as fuck.
    HOODS said:

TGI refused to do an offdate with a bunch of hardcore bands at the spot in Trenton. They even got offered 3000. More then any other band at champs. No response. Too cool for school.

I like TGI, I think they have an awesome message. And won't even take any up and coming hardcore bands out with them.

They're in it for money more the message which is fine, but don't talk about it if you're not about it. And I think they sold out hard with the last cd.

Agreed. (Late because I was at practice)

Scott Vogel getting called "douchebag tough guy". =))
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    He's like Dave Mustaine, he always has an opinion about something.
    Scott is a cool guy and he's just outspoken on hardcore. The dude lives and breathes the music/lifestyle. He can't stand when people are just in it for the looks not the message. He really doesn't rant on anything except the occasional sellout band. He's more into promoting up and coming bands and just the genre in general.
    I never heard him call out another band before this, lol... He usually just tells people to stagedive.
    edited October 2012
    There was one band a while ago that he called out. Other than these two incidents, there's been nothing.

EDIT: The band was Refused