Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Prepare for takeoff.......

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    How quickly they forget the little people.

> give him writing tips for over a year
    > constantly drive him to work harder
    > gave him "THE PILOT" as his mix tape name
    > design his logo

I bet he is waiting for the full album to drop before any forum users get any respect in the credits.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Now that you have everything, what are you waiting for to release it?
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Dont really like the logo just randomly there.
    But the logo by itself would make a pretty neat sticker.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers

Now that you have everything, what are you waiting for to release it?

Mixing.
    Mastering.
    Printing.

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    So you've been releasing unmastered tracks?
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    inb4haterfattyetc

i don't like the cover at all. the styles conflict. the background looks like some apocalyptic shit, but the fonts are all cartoony. it probably would've looked a lot better if you'd just secluded the image of you hitting the tv screen and ditched the background. also, something about having 2 different tvs on the cover makes it look cluttered. the "episode' logo looks like a sticker, not part of a completed cover. i dunno, there's parts that may have worked independently, but all together it looks like 8th grader scrapbook stuff. tbh, i would've just used the pic of you in the green bulls jersey. the pic of you hitting the screen looks too forced. it would also help if all the colors matched. not really trying to hate, just being honest.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm not a fan. Looks like something a 16 year old white kid from the suburbs threw together because they didnt know better. but whatever floats your boat. good luck
    Satan and Wake first ones to talk shit.......

YOUDON'TSAY?.JPG.
    you have a weird definition of talking shit. I just said I didnt like it and told you why. It's called criticism. Learn how to not get all butthurt over it. News flash- Not everyone is going to like your shit.

No, not anything that was from The Pilot. Actually, nothing at all, 'cause even tracks I record at home are mastered to the best of my ability. For instance, the single I dropped, "Free Fall", that was the absolute first track that we completely mixed and mastered, but that one was completely done.

you have a weird definition of talking shit. I just said I didnt like it and told you why. It's called criticism. Learn how to not get all butthurt over it. News flash- Not everyone is going to like your shit.

K.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Satan wasn't talking shit he was explaining why he doesnt like it. Wake on the other hand clearly was.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    edited October 2012
    I dont think you understand that 'talking shit' means. urbandictionary it fool. I didnt like his album cover because it looked corny. It completely fits who he is, no doubt... Still wasnt something that I would say was good IMHO. I get he and others like it... That's fine.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    SATAN said:

inb4haterfattyetc

i don't like the cover at all. the styles conflict. the background looks like some apocalyptic shit, but the fonts are all cartoony. it probably would've looked a lot better if you'd just secluded the image of you hitting the tv screen and ditched the background. also, something about having 2 different tvs on the cover makes it look cluttered. the "episode' logo looks like a sticker, not part of a completed cover. i dunno, there's parts that may have worked independently, but all together it looks like 8th grader scrapbook stuff. tbh, i would've just used the pic of you in the green bulls jersey. the pic of you hitting the screen looks too forced. it would also help if all the colors matched. not really trying to hate, just being honest.

I agree with this. To me it's like there's too much going on and it's not meshing well together at all. It reminds me of those bingee pics people make but without the gif movement and glitter. But it's the way he wanted it :-??
    imageimage
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Your delivery was that of talking shit, fool.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Episode said:

Satan and Wake first ones to talk shit.......

YOUDON'TSAY?.JPG.

i wasn't even gonna post, tbh. wasn't even gonna view the thread. you never take my criticism well.

go on living in fantasyland
    Episode said:

No, not anything that was from The Pilot. Actually, nothing at all, 'cause even tracks I record at home are mastered to the best of my ability. For instance, the single I dropped, "Free Fall", that was the absolute first track that we completely mixed and mastered, but that one was completely done.

Extending on this, list of all the as of now unreleased and unheard tracks on The Pilot:

Takeoff
    Awesome
    OMFG
    Strange Changes
    Blue Skies
    The City
    Like Me
    Heartbeat
    Come Back Home
    Far From Paradise
    Love/Hate (I released it for a short time solely for this forum but then took it down, that was just a lil sneak peek, no one else has heard it.)
    Crash
    Landing

Also, OMFG is the only track on the mixtape produced by me. Favorite beat I've ever made thus far, had to be on there.
    edited October 2012

Your delivery was that of talking shit, fool.

I guess I can see that, but that wasnt my intent. Now I am not saying Erik should have gone the route I am about to show, but albums such as these looked polished and bad ass.

And I already know Erik would jump back with that isnt his style or what he is trying to do... ANd that's fine. I get that. But still his style comes off as corny 16 year old shit to me... which isnt surprising cause that is what he is (that is not a slam).