Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Marijuana.

Comments

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    omg my mouth is watering from that video =P~
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    edited June 2011
    just use the url brahh

R u a wizard?

Pass the god damn butter.
    :-??
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    after those two hits, I'd be set for the fucking day
    image Photobucket
    Meh, I'm not impressed. Those are some nice bongs, and that smoke buddy this.g was cool, but his "dust" is not better than my kief. He must kief with a large micron size screen if his "better than kief" dust is that green. When I scrape up my kief, its a blonde pile, with no green tint to it. That was 15 minutes to take a bong hit of mixed weed and a concentrated blend. Double widow maker please, 'round here we call it the first hit lol.
    Marijuana-initiative backers say state could lead change
    By Lynn Thompson
    Seattle Times staff reporter

Washington state would be defying federal drug laws if an initiative filed Wednesday with the Secretary of State to legalize and regulate marijuana is adopted.
    But backers said Wednesday that states can take the lead in ending what they call the nation's failed war on drugs, much as individual states, including Washington, repealed Prohibition before the federal government.
    "If people at the state and other states in this country say we're ready to try a rational approach to marijuana laws, the federal government has to take notice," said campaign director Alison Holcomb, who is taking a leave from her job as drug policy director at ACLU Washington.
    Several of the initiative's backers, including Seattle City Attorney Pete Holmes, travel guide Rick Steves and former Washington State Bar Association President Mark Johnson, held a news conference Wednesday at the Seattle Public Library to kick off the campaign.
    The New Approach Washington initiative would legalize and regulate recreational marijuana use, much as the state regulates alcohol.
    Organizers say they hope to take advantage of their high-profile backers — who include former U.S. Attorney John McKay — and an aggressive fundraising campaign to collect the needed signatures.
    The campaign will use paid signature gatherers, as well as volunteers, Holcomb said.
    New Approach Washington will have until Dec. 30 to gather 241,153 signatures to put the issue before the Legislature. Lawmakers then could approve the measure or send it to voters.
    Holcomb said polling showed about 53 percent of state voters favored legalizing and regulating marijuana.
    Holmes said murders by Mexican drug cartels now number almost 38,000 and that 60 percent of drug-cartel profits come from marijuana sales in the U.S.
    "We're complicit in those 38,000 murders. That's what prohibition has done," Holmes said.
    Under the initiative, distribution to adults age 21 and up would be through state-licensed marijuana-only stores; production and distribution would be licensed and regulated by the state Liquor Control Board; and strict rules would be adopted for advertising, store location and license eligibility.
    The law would limit personal possession to one ounce of dried bud. It would still be a crime to grow or deliver even a small amount of marijuana, except by licensed producers or stores.
    Another initiative campaign — to remove all state criminal and civil penalties for marijuana use, possession and cultivation — is already under way.
    Its chairman, Douglas Hiatt, criticized New Approach Washington for not seeking "meaningful reform."
    His Sensible Washington campaign has collected only about 100,000 of the 241,153 signatures required. To qualify for the November ballot, signatures must be delivered to the Secretary of State by July 8.
    No state has legalized marijuana for recreational use in such a way, although some have decriminalized it.
    Taxes on the sales and distribution of marijuana would generate $215 million in state revenue per year, sponsors of the new initiative say, with roughly $40 million going to the state general fund and $175 million to drug education and public health.
    edited June 2011
    Clean, blonde kief, with no green plant matter in it. Fuck yeah!
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,669 spicy boy
    Marijuana-initiative backers say state could lead change
    By Lynn Thompson
    Seattle Times staff reporter

Washington state would be defying federal drug laws if an initiative filed Wednesday with the Secretary of State to legalize and regulate marijuana is adopted.
    But backers said Wednesday that states can take the lead in ending what they call the nation's failed war on drugs, much as individual states, including Washington, repealed Prohibition before the federal government.
    "If people at the state and other states in this country say we're ready to try a rational approach to marijuana laws, the federal government has to take notice," said campaign director Alison Holcomb, who is taking a leave from her job as drug policy director at ACLU Washington.
    Several of the initiative's backers, including Seattle City Attorney Pete Holmes, travel guide Rick Steves and former Washington State Bar Association President Mark Johnson, held a news conference Wednesday at the Seattle Public Library to kick off the campaign.
    The New Approach Washington initiative would legalize and regulate recreational marijuana use, much as the state regulates alcohol.
    Organizers say they hope to take advantage of their high-profile backers — who include former U.S. Attorney John McKay — and an aggressive fundraising campaign to collect the needed signatures.
    The campaign will use paid signature gatherers, as well as volunteers, Holcomb said.
    New Approach Washington will have until Dec. 30 to gather 241,153 signatures to put the issue before the Legislature. Lawmakers then could approve the measure or send it to voters.
    Holcomb said polling showed about 53 percent of state voters favored legalizing and regulating marijuana.
    Holmes said murders by Mexican drug cartels now number almost 38,000 and that 60 percent of drug-cartel profits come from marijuana sales in the U.S.
    "We're complicit in those 38,000 murders. That's what prohibition has done," Holmes said.
    Under the initiative, distribution to adults age 21 and up would be through state-licensed marijuana-only stores; production and distribution would be licensed and regulated by the state Liquor Control Board; and strict rules would be adopted for advertising, store location and license eligibility.
    The law would limit personal possession to one ounce of dried bud. It would still be a crime to grow or deliver even a small amount of marijuana, except by licensed producers or stores.
    Another initiative campaign — to remove all state criminal and civil penalties for marijuana use, possession and cultivation — is already under way.
    Its chairman, Douglas Hiatt, criticized New Approach Washington for not seeking "meaningful reform."
    His Sensible Washington campaign has collected only about 100,000 of the 241,153 signatures required. To qualify for the November ballot, signatures must be delivered to the Secretary of State by July 8.
    No state has legalized marijuana for recreational use in such a way, although some have decriminalized it.
    Taxes on the sales and distribution of marijuana would generate $215 million in state revenue per year, sponsors of the new initiative say, with roughly $40 million going to the state general fund and $175 million to drug education and public health.
    Clean, blonde kief, with no green plant matter in it. Fuck yeah!
    first thinks first, I hope Washington can pass that. Do you think they will? and second off.........that fuckin kief @-) =P~
    It would have passed in Cali but the bill to decriminalize actually restricted marijuana MORE than what medical patients have the rights to do already. It would have cut growing limits from 99 plants to a 5' x 5' grow space. Who knows what Washington may do. The federal bill introduced leaving it up to the states is the big one to watch. Even the fact that it has been introduced on a federal level is monumental.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,669 spicy boy
    We are certainly taking huge strides.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited June 2011
    i still think that marijuana should become legal totally, not just to line the states pockets. legalizing pot would be mutually beneficial to the govt and the people but if your going to legalize it u should be able to grow it period. i know its taking small steps so i understand for a while but at the end product we should be able to smoke and grow 100 percent legally, not just buy and smoke for tax purposes. the underlying theme should be freedom, not money
    you should just hit me up distance
    id give you teh hook up ;-) >:D<
    wanna meet half way?? :p ;-)
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    matt used to smoke....and he has friends tell him to ask around
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Gonna light up tonite. \m/
    as opposed to not lighting up tonight?? [-(
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    If I posted here every time I lit up...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah well I never have smoked before.