Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

SAT Reading Scores Are the Lowest They've Been in 40 Years

2»

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers

the act isn't an intelligent entity being ordered to do something so that argument doesn't work. obviously the people who created the tests are the ones to blame.

I find both of those sentences contradictory. I was saying that the tests themselves aren't the ones at fault, it's trying to standardize something that can't be standardizing. I'm not saying there's like an intelligent ACT out there, I'm saying that the ACT as a test isn't what's flawed. It doesn't matter who created the tests, tests won't ever be able to objectively measure a person's capability the way the ACT and the SAT attempt to.

Back to the matter at hand though, this statistic is ridiculous. Yeah, America's still a great nation guys.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    tl;dr
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Don't think that it's any more flawed than the SAT. I think that the flaw with both is that you're standardizing something that isn't standardizeable.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    According to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development’s (OECD) Education at a Glance 2012 report, there are only 3 countries more educated than the US.

Canada is first, Israel is second, Japan is third, and the US is fourth.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-most-educated-countries-in-the-world.html
  • LeaLea Posts: 1,549 balls deep

Don't think that it's any more flawed than the SAT. I think that the flaw with both is that you're standardizing something that isn't standardizeable.

I can kind of see where you are coming from here, but these tests aren't changing or going away anytime soon. It would just make them more fair to everyone (at least the ACT) if there wasn't a ridiculous time limit.
  • SandyVaginaSandyVagina Posts: 618 just the tip
    Alex said:

I got wasted the night before my ACT. That's partly why I go to ASU :|

. . .thats why I went to Triton. I totally failed the math but aced science.

these tests are mainly to assess your learning levels in different areas so they know how to track you when you start planning your course structures.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    When I took the SAT's, the max score was a 1600 and they only had two sections Math and English. English included the reading and comprehension and word use. Anyways, I scored a perfect 800 on Math and a 750 on English. I'm not sure my score is all that fair though, because at the time of taking it I had already completed two years of community college, but was still technically in High School.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    i went to anthrax/hatebreed liike three hours away and got like 3 hours of sleep, popped an adderall and got a 27

notbad.jpg
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I got a 23 on the ACT cuz I'm ballin

I got halfway through the math test and got stuck on a question that the answer I kept getting wasn't listed so I got too mad and filled in the rest of the answers.

Still did better on the math test than the others :-h
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG